Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Jack Wilshere leaving '

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:33 am

BREAKING NEWS SKY SPORTS NEWS

20/06/18

Jack Wilshere says he will be leaving Arsenal when his contract expires at the end of the month.

He has announced the news on Instagram, saying: "Following a number of extensive conversations with those at the club, and in particular a recent meeting with the new manager Unai Emery, I felt that I was ultimately left with little choice but to make the decision that I have due to purely footballing reasons.

"As has widely been reported I, along with my representative, have been in talks with the club for a number of months with the view to signing a new contract to extend my stay at the Emirates.

"My intention throughout these discussions has always been to remain an Arsenal player...Such was my desire to stay that I had in fact recently agreed to sign a financially reduced contract in order to commit my future to the club.

“However, following my meeting with the new manager, I was made aware that although the reduced contract offer remained, it was made clear to me that my playing time would be significantly reduced should I decide to stay."

Re: ' Jack Wilshere leaving '

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:35 am

ARSENAL BID FAREWELL

Arsenal have released a statement to say thanks to Jack Wilshere and wish him all the best for the future.

It starts with: "Everyone at Arsenal would like to wish Jack Wilshere a successful future following his decision to seek new opportunities."