Let’s Not Forget Danny Ward

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:42 am

Lots of players and the Management have quite rightly been given huge praise and credit for getting us promoted last season

But let’s not forget Danny Ward whose season was cut short by injury

How important was his late, late equaliser after coming off the bench at Fulham way back in September???. Although we didn’t realise it at the time it turned out it was the difference between finishing 2nd and 3rd

Credit also to Liam Feeney for the pinpoint cross which led to the goal and a pretty impressive celebration both on and off the field when it went in

Hats of to you both gentlemen :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
oohahhPaulMillar

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Let’s Not Forget Danny Ward

Postby fred keenor » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:37 am

And the fantastic goal at Forest, will surely play a part this coming season
fred keenor

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:45 am

He would have been our player of the season if it was not for his injury.

Also lets not forget his goal at Fulham which looking back is the moment the won us the auto.

I'm staying out of the "what we need" to survive as I got it totally wrong last time. However I do get this feeling with the unknown Ward coming back the priority to get another striker in is not such a priority.
Bakedalasker

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:27 am

Lots of running in him but I nick named him the nearly man ,He nearly scored in most games :lol: ,I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't think he's premiership class
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby kimble » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:30 am

I am with Wez on this one..do not think he is premiership class...I can see him being loaned out to a lower championship side to get his match fitness
kimble

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:31 am

wez1927 wrote:Lots of running in him but I nick named him the nearly man ,He nearly scored in most games :lol: ,I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't think he's premiership class

He scored 4 goals one every 141 minutes. Only Patterson, Pilkington and Bogle can beat that.
Bakedalasker

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:40 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Lots of running in him but I nick named him the nearly man ,He nearly scored in most games :lol: ,I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't think he's premiership class

He scored 4 goals one every 141 minutes. Only Patterson, Pilkington and Bogle can beat that.

Crap for a striker
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:00 am

kimble wrote:I am with Wez on this one..do not think he is premiership class...I can see him being loaned out to a lower championship side to get his match fitness

Got to agree, just can’t see him being a threat in the premier league

Don’t think Warnock will won’t to sell him because he will be a decent squad player if we do get relegated

More likely he will be loaned out..plenty of championship teams will take him if he proves his fitness
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Bella Blue » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:26 am

I think Danny Ward could surprise a few people. He did well for us before he was injured and we certainly missed him. He provided pace and an outlet and goal threat up front that was very much lacking in the latter half of the season.
Bella Blue

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:00 pm

In the prem we need 4 strikers, for me it will be Zohore plus another fighting it out to start but then you have Medine and Ward who both offer something different from the bench for different types of games.
2blue2handle

Postby boyo1927 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:09 pm

I think he has a role to play. He was played out wide often last season so should not just be judged on goals. During games he look decent to me. I was at forest for that beautiful goalof the season. Better than Bamba at Brentford for me
boyo1927

Postby RFMH » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Really liked him before he got injured, didn't see him when we got promoted or in the bus celebrations after, was wondering if he'd been told he's not in future plans.

Think he's more than capable back up, decent goal return for not a starter.
RFMH

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:He would have been our player of the season if it was not for his injury.

Also lets not forget his goal at Fulham which looking back is the moment the won us the auto.

I'm staying out of the "what we need" to survive as I got it totally wrong last time. However I do get this feeling with the unknown Ward coming back the priority to get another striker in is not such a priority.

Player of the season :happy1:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Crap for a striker

His first goal was against Fulham 6 games into the season. He came on as a sub 73rd minute and got the goal that in the long run won us an auto place. Before this came he was a sub for all 5 first games where he amassed a total of 40 minutes play time.

The next 6 games he made 4 sub appearance playing less than 40 minutes total. He did not score in those games.

His first full 90 minutes was against Middlesborough away where he failed to score. He played 90 minutes in the next match against Millwall where he also failed to score.

Next match was against Ipswich were he came on as a sub with 10 minutes to go and scored in injury time. He then started in the next match against Brentford where he scored after 36 minutes. He got substituted in that game with 10 minutes to go. Next game was Barnsley away where he started but failed to score and got subbed after 80 minutes.

His final game was away at Forest where he scored a cracker of a goal. he was eventually subbed by someone called Fred on 80 minutes.

So summing up his only glitch were the first 2 games he started. He finished by scoring 3 in his last 4 games. he was starting to cook and would have gone onto better things if it was not for his injury.

Impressive hey?
Bakedalasker

Postby BobbyBlue » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Forgot about him ages ago won’t cut the mustard in the prem not even the custard.
BobbyBlue

Postby FloridaBluebird » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Funny you brought up his stats. Had a bit of banter across the pond with a mate of mine who loves Zohore and said Ward was a crap backup. I quoted the mins per goal and tucked him right up. He has a role to play, has earned it more than Madine - who incidentally I also hope can repay his sizable transfer fee?
FloridaBluebird

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:30 pm

Squad player or loan out. I'd like to see him have a run out for sentimental reason. But it looks like Ruddy is getting binned, cut throat at this level.
BlueMoon1974

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:56 am

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Squad player or loan out. I'd like to see him have a run out for sentimental reason. But it looks like Ruddy is getting binned, cut throat at this level.

John Ruddy!? I think you're thinking of the wrong Danny Ward.. unless i'm getting confused myself.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat