Troy deeney

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Troy deeney

Postby Matthewccfc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 am

Apparently watford listening to offers for deeney, would love to see him in a city shirt and surely not out of our budget??
Matthewccfc
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Troy deeney

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Troy deeney

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:32 am

Matthewccfc wrote:Apparently watford listening to offers for deeney, would love to see him in a city shirt and surely not out of our budget??

They want £10 million apparently. Got to be worth considering and he would probably fit in down here.
JJ1927
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Matthewccfc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:36 am

I'd snap their hands off for 10 million!
Matthewccfc
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:37 am

10 million I would get him
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 12646
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:43 am

wez1927 wrote:10 million I would get him

perfect fit :thumbup: a big character, a Warnock type
Custom Kit Sportswear.
www.createakit.co.uk
User avatar
ThomasC
 
Posts: 5007
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Troy deeney

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:08 am

I was going to laugh at you all as I thought he was about 33.
Just checked and he's 29 so still has a couple of years in the tank.
10 mill is good value :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
User avatar
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: Troy deeney

Postby buckleys brewery » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:30 am

Don’t know whether Deeney would come here. But this is the standard of striker, we need.
User avatar
buckleys brewery
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:33 am

Used to score lots of goals in the championship only 5 in 29 matches in the premiership but not anymore, it's a no from me :thumbup:
User avatar
Igovernor
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:01 am

Good mates with NML, lost his way a bit at Watford but no denying his ability, fresh start for him could do world of good.

Never forget his goal against Leicester in play offs, what a goal that was and the celebrations were mental
User avatar
Wolfpac
 
Posts: 1828
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: Barry

Re: Troy deeney

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:08 am

Wolfpac wrote:Good mates with NML, lost his way a bit at Watford but no denying his ability, fresh start for him could do world of good.

Never forget his goal against Leicester in play offs, what a goal that was and the celebrations were mental


DEEEEENEEEEEEEY - Can here it now :laughing5:
Against Modern Football
User avatar
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:09 am

ThomasC wrote:
wez1927 wrote:10 million I would get him

perfect fit :thumbup: a big character, a Warnock type



Agreed this sounds like about the right type for us and a good match for Warnock and our fans, we should be spending at least this on a Striker, and Warnock could get the best out of him again !!!
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8401
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:15 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Good mates with NML, lost his way a bit at Watford but no denying his ability, fresh start for him could do world of good.

Never forget his goal against Leicester in play offs, what a goal that was and the celebrations were mental


DEEEEENEEEEEEEY - Can here it now :laughing5:


Mate I was watching it in disbelief, me and dad screaming at the screen because that 1 minute sums up why football is life, the penalty, the save, the ball up top to forestieri, the cross, head back then that finish by Deeney

"DEEEEEENEY"

runs off into crowd, Zola runs and slips :laughing5:

Moments like that you'll never forget and as a neutral it was great to watch
User avatar
Wolfpac
 
Posts: 1828
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: Barry

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 am

He has passed his best and we would just get him on a downward curve and pay a hefty price for him People say he has lost his way when really he is passed his best
Milkybarkid
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:46 am

Milkybarkid wrote:He has passed his best and we would just get him on a downward curve and pay a hefty price for him People say he has lost his way when really he is passed his best

name a better option who is out of favour, under 30, has scored goals at this level. i say out of favour because were going way above our price range otherwise.
Custom Kit Sportswear.
www.createakit.co.uk
User avatar
ThomasC
 
Posts: 5007
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Troy deeney

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:49 am

Wolfpac wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Good mates with NML, lost his way a bit at Watford but no denying his ability, fresh start for him could do world of good.

Never forget his goal against Leicester in play offs, what a goal that was and the celebrations were mental


DEEEEENEEEEEEEY - Can here it now :laughing5:


Mate I was watching it in disbelief, me and dad screaming at the screen because that 1 minute sums up why football is life, the penalty, the save, the ball up top to forestieri, the cross, head back then that finish by Deeney

"DEEEEEENEY"

runs off into crowd, Zola runs and slips :laughing5:

Moments like that you'll never forget and as a neutral it was great to watch


I was the same mate. I watched it in the house but I went to the pub after the final whistle. Everyone was talking about it for weeks. For me, It showed why football is the greatest sport in the world. :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
User avatar
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:50 am

ThomasC wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:He has passed his best and we would just get him on a downward curve and pay a hefty price for him People say he has lost his way when really he is passed his best

name a better option who is out of favour, under 30, has scored goals at this level.

At some stage players go backwards and people just remember them for what they did rather than what they are likely to do in the future The time to have had Him was when we were in the premier league last time How many goals did he get last year ?
Milkybarkid
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:53 am

Milkybarkid wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:He has passed his best and we would just get him on a downward curve and pay a hefty price for him People say he has lost his way when really he is passed his best

name a better option who is out of favour, under 30, has scored goals at this level.

At some stage players go backwards and people just remember them for what they did rather than what they are likely to do in the future The time to have had Him was when we were in the premier league last time How many goals did he get last year ?

I'd make the case for him that he's done well and could do so again. I agree it's not perfect but were not high-end shopping these days.
Custom Kit Sportswear.
www.createakit.co.uk
User avatar
ThomasC
 
Posts: 5007
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:55 am

Milkybarkid wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:He has passed his best and we would just get him on a downward curve and pay a hefty price for him People say he has lost his way when really he is passed his best

name a better option who is out of favour, under 30, has scored goals at this level.

At some stage players go backwards and people just remember them for what they did rather than what they are likely to do in the future The time to have had Him was when we were in the premier league last time How many goals did he get last year ?

His returns over last 3 years are 13,10,5 in premiership We need to get some young hungry stricker who will be value for money and not a strain on our finances which I think he would be
Milkybarkid
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:59 am

Milkybarkid wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:He has passed his best and we would just get him on a downward curve and pay a hefty price for him People say he has lost his way when really he is passed his best

name a better option who is out of favour, under 30, has scored goals at this level.

At some stage players go backwards and people just remember them for what they did rather than what they are likely to do in the future The time to have had Him was when we were in the premier league last time How many goals did he get last year ?

His returns over last 3 years are 13,10,5 in premiership We need to get some young hungry stricker who will be value for money and not a strain on our finances which I think he would be

both decisions come with risk. Up to the club. I just feel this signing is in-keeping with the seasoned-pro approach Warnock likes.
Custom Kit Sportswear.
www.createakit.co.uk
User avatar
ThomasC
 
Posts: 5007
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Bluesman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:01 am

To fat and slow.
Bluesman
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 am

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Matthewccfc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:14 am

I just honestly think their is no better option out there for 10 million whos proven in the premier league! Fits the bill perfectly
Matthewccfc
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby soldierblue1880 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:22 am

Matthewccfc wrote:Apparently watford listening to offers for deeney, would love to see him in a city shirt and surely not out of our budget??

The only trouble is that Warnock would feel the need to fly to Malaysia for another 10 day jolly to square it with Tan.......only joking
soldierblue1880
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 12:27 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Seems to be on the decline to me and im not sure Warnock or Tan would want 10m spent on someone who is 30.
My thoughts on the re-branding??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOjxLDcRniE

Learn the words to Men of Harlech -
Join Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 6965194125
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 27115
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:37 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:He has passed his best and we would just get him on a downward curve and pay a hefty price for him People say he has lost his way when really he is passed his best

name a better option who is out of favour, under 30, has scored goals at this level.

At some stage players go backwards and people just remember them for what they did rather than what they are likely to do in the future The time to have had Him was when we were in the premier league last time How many goals did he get last year ?

I'd make the case for him that he's done well and could do so
again. I agree it's not perfect but were not high-end shopping these days.

5 in 29 not sure how many of those appearancrs were starts
User avatar
Igovernor
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Igovernor wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:He has passed his best and we would just get him on a downward curve and pay a hefty price for him People say he has lost his way when really he is passed his best

name a better option who is out of favour, under 30, has scored goals at this level.

At some stage players go backwards and people just remember them for what they did rather than what they are likely to do in the future The time to have had Him was when we were in the premier league last time How many goals did he get last year ?

I'd make the case for him that he's done well and could do so
again. I agree it's not perfect but were not high-end shopping these days.

5 in 29 not sure how many of those appearancrs were starts

nearly half of his goals are penalties I know someone has to score then but his record is not great with penalties and awful without them
Milkybarkid
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby CF3BLUE » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:35 pm

This would be a cracking signing.
Fits the mould.
CF3BLUE
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Bluesman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Must get better than Deeney.10M for a 30 year old no way.
Bluesman
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 am

Re: Troy deeney

Postby Gringo22 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:48 pm

What you expect for 10 million we need someone experienced in the prem hes that. You won't get much better for that and we don't want to get another acorn.
Gringo22
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Troy deeney

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:22 pm

Gringo22 wrote:What you expect for 10 million we need someone experienced in the prem hes that. You won't get much better for that and we don't want to get another acorn.


Im not bothered if they have prem experience or not, I just want the right striker. Lots of players have prem experience it doesn't mean they are up to it.
My thoughts on the re-branding??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOjxLDcRniE

Learn the words to Men of Harlech -
Join Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 6965194125
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 27115
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Troy deeney

Postby FloridaBluebird » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Anyone know his wages he’s on at the minute?
FloridaBluebird
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Florida

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bentheblue, bluebird12345, bluebird7291, CaerphillyBluebird15, Chris Holmes, CityBlue93, Clusterman, D.A.C., Dahboy, Daniel_PT_blues, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Macca83, mikeyblue, NIBluebird, nigelelec, NyeBluebird, rossblue, Sven, tubby1982, Welshman in CA and 280 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.