Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO YOU AGREE WITH HEATHROW RUWAY 3 BEING BUILT?

You may select 1 option

View results

OT POLL: HEATHROW RUNWAY 3

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:42 am

Tonight is the Pariamentary vote to approve (or not) Runway 3 at Heathrow Airport yet its biggest and most vocal opponent, a certain Boris 'weigh up my future PM vote gathering options first' Johnson, seems to have done a runner and has 'been excused' from voting at the debate

Should the new runway be built at Heathrow or somewhere else or not at all?

What do you think? :ayatollah:

Re: OT POLL: HEATHROW RUNWAY 3

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:43 am

Not bothered

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:57 am

wez1927 wrote:Not bothered

Wez, I'm sure a lot of people won't be but the issue is wider than just a local one to West London :thumbright:

Personally, I believe an extra runways is required and would rather see it there (where the infrastructure and skill base is already in place) than I would see it put elsewhere and disrupt yet another city, town and/or community

As for Boris Johnson? An absolute disgrace and should be allowed nowhere near the upper echelons of power.

How people can think he is up to being the future Prime Minister is beyond me but they are out there and seem to be many and vocal :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:40 am

Sven wrote:

Wez, I'm sure a lot of people won't be but the issue is wider than just a local one to West London :thumbright:

Personally, I believe an extra runways is required and would rather see it there (where the infrastructure and skill base is already in place) than I would see it put elsewhere and disrupt yet another city, town and/or community

As for Boris Johnson? An absolute disgrace and should be allowed nowhere near the upper echelons of power.

How people can think he is up to being the future Prime Minister is beyond me but they are out there and seem to be many and vocal :(

David Davis would be a good prime minister

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:09 pm

should have given it to gatwick imo, but decision has been made.
i hope they sort out a proper railway line into heathrow, it’s madness that you have to go all the way into london and then back out to get to heathrow on the train.
wish they’d just get on with it, everything is so slow, m4 relief road is another example.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Other airports need to be developed instead, especially Cardiff. We need a proper rail link and far more flights to many destinations. We shouldn't have to go the Bristol all the time. Just another reason for Welsh independence.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:24 pm

I live in Llantrisant but work Heathrow Airport on the construction side so will obviously say yes it should be built at Heathrow. The reason it needs to be built at Heathrow is because the airlines do not want to go anywhere else in the UK. If you try and move them they will go to Europe and create the biggest hub airport. Airlines and business need it at Heathrow which will create an enormous amount of work not only for the local area, but for all the work away lads.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:35 pm

bluemun wrote:Other airports need to be developed instead, especially Cardiff. We need a proper rail link and far more flights to many destinations. We shouldn't have to go the Bristol all the time. Just another reason for Welsh independence.

nothing to do with independence and everything to do with airlines actually wanting to fly from there .

Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:05 pm

the wag havent a clue with cardiff airport.their solution is to build a SINGLE lane carriageway from the m4.hardly planning for the future growth they expect.
reducing passenger tax would help but until then bristol wins 99% of the time.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:23 pm

dogfound wrote:
bluemun wrote:Other airports need to be developed instead, especially Cardiff. We need a proper rail link and far more flights to many destinations. We shouldn't have to go the Bristol all the time. Just another reason for Welsh independence.

nothing to do with independence and everything to do with airlines actually wanting to fly from there .

It's got everything to do with independence. Cymru is constantly sidelined, the barage and electrification of railways being just two examples. We need to create and invest properly in an integrated and successful transport system for this country and Cardiff airport needs to be part of that. It makes sense to invest in all the other airports rather than Heathrow, in terms of traffic and pollution. I can't believe it's even being considered.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:the wag havent a clue with cardiff airport.their solution is to build a SINGLE lane carriageway from the m4.hardly planning for the future growth they expect.

Yes build a dual carriageway through the vale of glamorgan a rd that wont be used a lot of the time? I usd that lane other week a good straight rd is all that's needed its the infrastructure at the airport that needs sorting . If wasnt for wag rhoose be closed by now thanks to previous foreign owners. Passennger tax atmoment is Westminster
Wag want the power but Bristol is objecting as they don't want rhoose to have an advantage that bristol hold now. :thumbup:

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:07 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:the wag havent a clue with cardiff airport.their solution is to build a SINGLE lane carriageway from the m4.hardly planning for the future growth they expect.

Brtistol is 14 miles from a motrorway, 12 miles of which is single lane it has no direct rail link. the access to and from Cardiff isnt great but not the reason that Bristol is busy.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:12 pm

bluemun wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It's got everything to do with independence. Cymru is constantly sidelined, the barage and electrification of railways being just two examples. We need to create and invest properly in an integrated and successful transport system for this country and Cardiff airport needs to be part of that. It makes sense to invest in all the other airports rather than Heathrow, in terms of traffic and pollution. I can't believe it's even being considered.

Cardiff is a decent aiorport running way under capacity..because the Owain Glyndwrs of the world use Bristol...

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:34 pm

dogfound wrote:

Brtistol is 14 miles from a motrorway, 12 miles of which is single lane it has no direct rail link. the access to and from Cardiff isnt great but not the reason that Bristol is busy.

Bristol is busier/bigger simply by demographics! Simlly draw a 3inch circle around both airports and you see Bristol is populated all around while rhoose as got bristol channel on one side so vastly less population to call on than bristol! But rhoose problems stem from crap foreign owners for past 20 odd years :old:

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:29 pm

dogfound wrote:

EasyJet is the reason Bristol is busy.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:03 am

Jock wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes having easy jet fly all over the place is a huge help and i doubt the decision to fly all them routes out of there had anything to do with how easily accessible the airport is ,because it just isnt

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:42 am

dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes having easy jet fly all over the place is a huge help and i doubt the decision to fly all them routes out of there had anything to do with how easily accessible the airport is ,because it just isnt

Don’t know how true it is but I was told CWL were offered EasyJet but refused to spend on a mini terminus for them.so they went to Bristol.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:48 am

Sven wrote:

Word for word the above is my opinion :thumbup: There is too much 'not in my backyard (NIMB)' in this country and it is forever holding back large infrastructure projects which a modern 21st Century country requires.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:07 am

This is wrong.

London centric.

The UK gets worse the further from london you are
In fact its unsustainable.

Billions of UK tax money to build roads, rail, airpirts, runways
Underground all for London.

Why invest in high speed rail to birmingham
and manchester? Ideal for new runways and the
economic boost that would bring.

A one city nation ends up a poor nation.

1 bomb, one flood, one drought, one fuel shortage, one earthquake and country fucked
Spread the wealth, spread the risk, spread the knowledge.

In USA they have major cities - not just one
In Germany the same
In Australia the same
In Canada the same
Even tiny Netherlands spread their cities

Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Speak as you find, but I've always found Cardiff airport to be very good. Travel to Italy a fair bit, changing at Schiphol Amsterdam. Travelling up from west of Cardiff, it's very convenient. True, the link from the M4 could be better, but the airport parking is decent. Not the cheapest, perhaps, but I'm fortunate enough to be able to travel KLM/Alitalia.

Haven't flown from Heathrow for at least twenty years, but they probably need an extra runway.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Jock wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Don’t know how true it is but I was told CWL were offered EasyJet but refused to spend on a mini terminus for them.so they went to Bristol.

Do they have own terminus at bristol?
Was a lot said about the fees offered by rhoose and of course we were owned by Spanish twats who liks all previous foreign owners we had screwed us and left airport almost closed. :thumbup: