Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff City's pre-season clash is live on tv “

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:56 am

Cardiff City's pre-season clash with Real Betis to be shown live on TV

The Bluebirds' final pre-season encounter will be screened live on S4C

25 June 2018

Cardiff City's pre-season friendly with La Liga outfit Real Betis will be shown live on S4C.

The match - which takes place at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday, August 4 - will be the final one of Cardiff's hectic pre-season as Neil Warnock's men prepare for life in the Premier League following their stunning promotion last term.

In addition to being shown live on television, S4C have revealed that the game - which gets underway at 5:15pm - will also be available to watch on demand at s4c.cymru and BBC iPlayer.

It has also been confirmed that English match commentary will be available on the game via the red button.

S4C Sports Content Commissioner Sue Butler said: “This pre-season will be an important time for Cardiff City as they prepare to return to top-flight Premier League football.

“A win against a team from Spain’s major league, La Liga, will be great preparation for the start of the season and the Bluebirds squad will want to make an impression on Neil Warnock.

“S4C and Sgorio are delighted to be broadcasting this match, ahead of what promises to be an exciting season for Welsh football.”

Re: “ Cardiff City's pre-season clash is live on tv “

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:17 pm

That's the crowd gone then! :bluescarf: :D

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:30 pm

£5 adults £1 kids and we will get 10 to 15 k

Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:27 pm

Im hoping maybe £10 - £20 per adult depending where you sit and maybe £5 - £10 for kids again depending where you sit.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:56 pm

What a rediculous decision to show it on TV. Do City want any sort of attendance or not.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:26 pm

Bluesman wrote:What a rediculous decision to show it on TV. Do City want any sort of attendance or not.

Better make this as near to possible as free entry, otherwise we'll be lucky to get 5,000.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:28 pm

Don't agree.first game in Cardiff for the bluebirds as a top flight side since 1962 should I believe attract a decent attendance.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:21 am

skiprat wrote:Don't agree.first game in Cardiff for the bluebirds as a top flight side since 1962 should I believe attract a decent attendance.

1962, what you don't count the last time ?

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:44 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
skiprat wrote:Don't agree.first game in Cardiff for the bluebirds as a top flight side since 1962 should I believe attract a decent attendance.

1962, what you don't count the last time ?

It will be the first time in Blue as a top flight team since 1962, I think that's what skiprat meant. :D

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Correct I only ever post about Cardiff city AFC the bluebirds.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:21 pm

we were the bluebirds last time..its a nickname