Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ BREAKING: JUNIOR HOILETT “

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:47 pm

SKY SPORTS

Junior Hoilett has signed a new deal with Cardiff that will keep him at Cardiff City Stadium until the summer of 2021.

BB577662-772E-451C-9393-F97336F7C8D2.jpeg

Tuesday 26th June 2018

Cardiff City FC is delighted to announce that Junior Hoilett has signed a new deal with the Bluebirds that will keep him at Cardiff City Stadium until the summer of 2021.

Having initially signed for the club in October 2016, Junior excelled during his first 18 months in South Wales and would go on to be voted Players’ Player of the Season at the end of the 2017/18 promotion campaign.

The Canadian international, 28, scored 11 times in 50 League and Cup appearances last season, leading the side’s scoring and appearance charts.

Having signed his new deal at the H.R. Owen Jack Bartley Bentley showroom in London’s Mayfair on Tuesday afternoon, Junior told cardiffcityfc.co.uk: “It feels amazing to finally sign the new deal.

“It was always going to happen though: I want to continue my career here and never wanted to go anywhere else. I want to go on and achieve more things in the Premier League with a great group of lads.

“The fans have supported me so much since I’ve been here. I have so much respect for them and it was a no brainer to stay here and continue that great relationship.

“I’d like to thank Tan Sri Vincent, Ken Choo, Mehmet Dalman, the Board and the Gaffer for their support and look forward to our future together at this great club.”

Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo, said: “We’re delighted that Junior has committed to Cardiff City FC for the next three years.

“It was always our intention to secure Junior’s future at the earliest opportunity this summer and now we can look forward to seeing him in a Cardiff City shirt in the Premier League.

“I have a lot of admiration for Junior: as a player and a person. He’s somebody who has never given less than 100% for our club and we think very highly of him.”

Neil Warnock added: “Junior had a fantastic season for us last year and I think his new contract is just rewards for that.

“I think he’s looking forward to the challenge next season and I’m sure he’ll play a major role in helping us try to stay in the Premier League.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ JUNIOR HOILETT “

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Cardiff City FC is delighted to announce that Junior Hoilett has signed a new deal with the Bluebirds that will keep him at Cardiff City Stadium until the summer of 2021.

Having initially signed for the club in October 2016, Junior excelled during his first 18 months in South Wales and would go on to be voted Players’ Player of the Season at the end of the 2017/18 promotion campaign.

The Canadian international, 28, scored 11 times in 50 League and Cup appearances last season, leading the side’s scoring and appearance charts.

Finally! I was getting worried about this! :thumbup:

Re: “ JUNIOR HOILETT “

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Super news!

Re: “ JUNIOR HOILETT SIGNS NEW DEAL “

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:49 pm

Fantastic :occasion5: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Brilliant news , when junior plays well invariably so do the city

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Buzzing finally!!

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Great news! 1,2,3,4..........

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:53 pm

Best bit of business so far in this window! Yes Junior! :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:55 pm

He had me worried for a bit but 3 years at the club is a great deal for both parties. Great news :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:58 pm

Superb news, that's as good as signing a new player.
NW is some kind of demi-god, not only getting him to re-sign, but a 3 year contract as well.
Squad really starting to look more competitive now, bit of competition for places does no harm whatsoever.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:00 pm

excellent news :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:00 pm

Signed his new deal in a Bentley showroom! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously a nice little pay rise has been negotiated and well done to him.

Watching a compilation of our goals from last season it's amazing how many he was involved in, either scoring himself or being heavily involved in the build up.

Very happy that he's signed - would have cost a fortune to replace him with a player of similar quality.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Great news

An important signing for club stability

I know hes not perfect but i think will do well
In premier

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Always thought he would resign a new deal but just glad its officially done :bluescarf:

Re: “ BREAKING: JUNIOR HOILETT “

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:13 pm

BREAKING SKY SPORTS NEWS

Junior Hoilett has signed a new deal with Cardiff that will keep him at Cardiff City Stadium until the summer of 2021 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Gansta $$$

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Junior Hoilett:

Very happy and excited to sign a new deal with this amazing club and continue our journey together... thanks for all the support :bluebird:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:16 pm

He was probrably holding out for a bit more cash and who could blame him :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Terrific news. More important that gunnars but would like arun to follow this too

1 2 3 4!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Bay Blue wrote:He was probrably holding out for a bit more cash and who could blame him :ayatollah:

A lot of us could blame him but what's done is done. I'm looking forward to him and Murphy terrorising opposition full backs

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Well done all concerned :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Well thats ended that saga, thank you Junior look forward to seeing you.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Or a few Bentleys :lol: Glad it's all sorted. Beginning to look a capable squad.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Carlossus wrote:Well thats ended that saga, thank you Junior look forward to seeing you.

Carl did you know Junior Hoilett has joined us from Stoke City? Welcome David!

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:24 pm

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :occasion5: :clap:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Brilliant! Our best player last season and I really think he'll do well in the Premier. If we get Smithies then we need two central midfielders and a striker.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:52 pm

Super Junior Hoilett. Chuffed with this news.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Brilliant news, not sure why but it never really felt in doubt that he would sign.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Great news .
:notworthy: