22.Kenneth Zohore
23.Danny Ings
24.Abel Hernandez
25.Danny Ward

Loans
Robert Snodgrass season loan
Marko Grujic season loan
Danny Ings season loan with the option to buy

As stated in previous posts i feel Neil Warnock and his recruitment team has done incredible job so far but securing Danny Simpson for about 5m and Josh Windass for 3m with Abel Hernandez coming in on a free would be smart. Securing loans signings of Robert Snodgrass, Marko Grujic and Danny Ings would top off a very successful summer transfer activity that would make our rivals to take notice of us.

Unfortunately that means that Lee Tomlin, Gary Madine, Kadeem Harris, Lee Camp, Anthony Pilkington and Omar Bogle would have to move on either on loan or permanent.

Whats your thoughts? Whats your PL squad?

Re: Would this 25 man squad secure safety

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:44 am

I believe you are only allowed 2 loans in the premier league.

Imo the 25 man squad will consist of:

3 goalkeepers

Neil Etheridge
Alex Smithies
Lee Camp or Brian Murphy

8 defenders

Lee Peltier
Jazz Richards
Joe Bennett
Greg Cunningham
Bruno Manga
Sean Morrison
Sol Bamba
Plus 1 other probably Matt Connolly if we do not sign a new Centre back

10 midfielders/wingers

Junior Hoilett
Josh Murphy
Mendez-laing
Bobby Reid
Joe Ralls
Arron Gunnarsson - if he signs
Marko Grujic - if he signs
Callum Patterson
Loic Damour or Lee Tomlin
Plus 1 new loan signing

4 Strikers

Zahore
Madine
Ward
Plus 1 new permanent signing

Re: ' Would this 25 man squad secure safety? '

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:03 am

Actually think your right in which case which 2 loans do we try and secure? Rumour has it that Liverpool will let Ings go on the cheap 10 - 12m

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:10 am

realblue82 wrote:Actually think your right in which case which 2 loans do we try and secure? Rumour has it that Liverpool will let Ings go on the cheap 10 - 12m

Too much of a risk. He missed two seasons because of injury.

We can't risk 10-12 million on him in my opinion.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:45 am

You have every right to be concerned mate. So maybe we forget about securing Snodgrass on loan and take him on loan? Finnborgason was the striker i most wanted to see wear our colours this season but i understand he turned us down a few seasons ago so its unlikely to want to join us now.

The reason i think Ings could work for us is that he has point to prove and that hunger and desire to do well is what we need.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:07 am

Danny Ings if fit would be a perfect signing but he would probably be out of our price range both on transfer fee/loan fee and wages.
I would assume hes on about 90k a week at liverpool so even of they paid half we would have to pay around 45k a week which would be a big gamble on a injury prone player.
Even of he was available a lot of more established clubs would be interested like everton, Burnley and West Ham so our chances would be low unfortunatly.

I think we are looking at players from lower premier league teams due to wage demands.
Maybe we would have more of a chance trying to get someone like Gabbiadini from southampton who is a great player or a high scoring player from another european league.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:56 pm

realblue82 wrote:Goalkeepers
1.Alex Smithies
2.Neil Etheridge

Rightbacks
3.Danny Simpson
4.Jazz Richards

Leftbacks
5.Joe Bennett
6.Greg Cunningham

Centrebacks
7.Sean Morrison
8.Sol Bamba
9.Bruno Manga
10.Matthew Connolly

Centre Midfielders
11.Marko Grujic
12.Loic Damour
13.Joe Ralls
14.Robert Snodgrass
15.Callum Paterson
16.Aron Gunnerson

Wingers
17.Junior Hoilett
18.Josh Murphy
19.Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

Attacking midfielders
20.Josh Windass
21.Bobby Reid

Strikers
22.Kenneth Zohore
23.Danny Ings
24.Abel Hernandez
25.Danny Ward

Loans
Robert Snodgrass season loan
Marko Grujic season loan
Danny Ings season loan with the option to buy

As stated in previous posts i feel Neil Warnock and his recruitment team has done incredible job so far but securing Danny Simpson for about 5m and Josh Windass for 3m with Abel Hernandez coming in on a free would be smart. Securing loans signings of Robert Snodgrass, Marko Grujic and Danny Ings would top off a very successful summer transfer activity that would make our rivals to take notice of us.

Unfortunately that means that Lee Tomlin, Gary Madine, Kadeem Harris, Lee Camp, Anthony Pilkington and Omar Bogle would have to move on either on loan or permanent.

Whats your thoughts? Whats your PL squad?

I'd be very happy with this squad tbh and I think that they could do quite well.
I can't imagine another 6 players coming in mind, as well as getting past the loan players rule mentioned above.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:12 pm

Simpson at RB would be amazing imo, but Warnock has a love in with Peltier. He’s in the squad and first 11 unfortunately for our season. Hernandez plus Ings? One is unlikely, but both? Yeah that’ll never happen. As someone else mentioned, Ings is too much of a gamble injury wise, both would drive high wages and Hernandez although good has the wrong personality (but like us all wanting Grabban).
Three keepers will make squad given Asia Cup in early 2019. I don’t see Connolly making it as Cunningham can fill multiple roles. Strikers will be Zohore, Ward, Madine and New signing (if not, Bogle for me)
Don’t think Damour makes the 25 unless Grujic fails to come on loan. Def need a new signing or two in the middle...

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Personally I agree with others in that snodgrass would make sense to back up mendez on the right wing and grujic would compete nicely with Gunnarson (if he stays) but from there I think we need another cm to compete with ralls (Ryan woods being a good example). Currently I'm slightly concerned that we don't have a back up right wing and we haven't replaced Bryson. I see those as bigger issues than right back where jazz Richards is set to come back and do a job. Currently the way I see it is:
Gk:
Smithies
Etheric

Lb:
Cunningham
Bennett

Cb:
Manga
Connolly
Morrisson
Bamba

Rb:
Jazz
Peltier

Cm
Gruijic
Gunnarson

Ralls
Blank

Am:
Reid
Patterson

Lw:
Murphy
Hoillet

Rw
Mendez
Blank

St:
Zohore
Reid

I'm hoping that warnock has someone planned to fill that cm role and a rw planned e.g. snodgrass.

But currently it sounds like no one is being targeted for rw and grujic is the only cm targeted. Hoping I'm proved wrong.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:42 pm

YES :bluebird: