Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you take Fabio back?

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Seen he’s available for around 2 million?

Solid right back and a fans favourite!

Won’t happen mind but I’d have him back

Re: Would you take Fabio back?

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:38 pm

Was indeed a fan's favourite but defensively struggled when we were last in the Premier League so it's a thanks but no thanks for me.

Not surprised if Pulis wants him out - you have to be at least 6'10" to play in a Pulis team.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:40 pm

ummm he's a left back and we already have two!?

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:44 pm

[quote="CaerphillyBluebird15"]ummm he's a left back and we already have two!?[/quote

I’m sure he played a lot at right back for us? May be wro then defo don’t need any other left back

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

i think he can play both, id have him back in a heartbeat if he can.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:47 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:ummm he's a left back and we already have two!?[/quote

I’m sure he played a lot at right back for us? May be wro then defo don’t need any other left back

Yeah you're right, he's as much a right-back as a left-back.

But no, wouldn't take him back personally as I'm more than happy with Peltier, and Richards as a back up. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:53 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:i think he can play both, id have him back in a heartbeat if he can.

Yeah, pair him up with jazz Richards on the other flank and watch the goals go flying in. At our end of course.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:59 pm

No - not good enough!

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Loved Fabio but no, doesn't fit how we play unless we change to wingbacks, still think warnock would want someone bigger and stronger.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:36 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:ummm he's a left back and we already have two!?[/quote

But no, wouldn't take him back personally as I'm more than happy with Peltier, and Richards as a back up. :ayatollah:

Your more than happy with Peltier really? He is way too slow would get slaughtered in the prem. we desparatley need a RB and CM then we should be okay. Two CM and striker if I’m being greedy.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:15 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Saying that he was a RB is like saying that Manga is a RB, just because he played there. He did start there for us when the OGS was making a hash of things but we was clearly out of position. Loved him on the left though. He had a tendancy to lose his head sometimes but that was because he played with such heart. Would I have him back? Not now but only because he is a LB and we are well covered there now.

Don't you just love a player who goes to Swansea as a Middlesboro player and pisses of the jacks by doing the ayatollah?

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:30 pm

Yes. Love him as a player and better right back than what we’ve got.

I thought he’d gone back to Brazil though ?

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:29 pm

Can’t defend

It’s a no from me

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:46 am

phildavies wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Your more than happy with Peltier really? He is way too slow would get slaughtered in the prem. we desparatley need a RB and CM then we should be okay. Two CM and striker if I’m being greedy.

IMO Peltier is the worst player in our squad. Offers nothing going forward gives the ball away time and again is caught out of position and his supposed strong point (solid defender) is a complete myth. Just what anyone sees in him is a mystery to me. :?

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:15 am

Not good enough for Premiership, I have a feeling Warnock is happy with Peltier,Manga and Richards to cover RB and is only looking for a CM (2 if Gunnarsson doesn’t sign) and another striker.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:22 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Seen he’s available for around 2 million?

Solid right back and a fans favourite!

Won’t happen mind but I’d have him back

He was a left back who filled in at right back

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Loved him when he was with us. But we have enough in his position. Sure he can cover RB. But so can others. We shouldn’t now be after cover. We should be after likely starters. So sadly. It’s a no for me based on the present squad make up.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 pm

No .... crap defender