Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tolgay arslan ? Rumours

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Reports on Turkey are saying that we are willing to pay a £3M loan fee to Besiktas, for their midfielder, Tolgay Arslan.

This includes an option to purchase the player outright for a £15M fee once the loan expires.

Re: Tolgay arslan ? Rumours

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:11 pm

It would make perfect sense to take him on loan for only 3 million. That will free up funds for us to get another centre midfielder (Ryan Woods) in as well then. If we had a middle 3 of Ralls, Arslan and Woods, I will be bouncing!

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:00 pm

His price was quoted at £8M so why is it now double

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:01 pm

Ryan Woods is a steal at 6m. Problem is he is very small waneock likes strength

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:08 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:His price was quoted at £8M so why is it now double

Due to loaning. Just the way it is.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:Reports on Turkey are saying that we are willing to pay a £3M loan fee to Besiktas, for their midfielder, Tolgay Arslan.

This includes an option to purchase the player outright for a £15M fee once the loan expires.

That was on Twitter earlier today which I re tweeted. The source also stating that his signing would be a quality signing. Very highly rated by local fans.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:His price was quoted at £8M so why is it now double

Probably all made up figures.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:13 pm

I hope this is true. Would be a signal of intent

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Sounding promising from what Iv been reading.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Ryan Woods is a steal at 6m. Problem is he is very small waneock likes strength

I flagged him as quality ages ago when I saw him a few times for Shrewsbury running their midfield. I’m not sure with his size he would be viable at Centre mid in the Premiership. He is good don’t get me wrong but you have to be really good (Joe Allen springs to mind although Woods has a few CM on him).

I’d love to be proved wrong though if we did sign him I just think he might get bullied in the Premiership.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:54 pm

maccydee wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:Ryan Woods is a steal at 6m. Problem is he is very small waneock likes strength

I flagged him as quality ages ago when I saw him a few times for Shrewsbury running their midfield. I’m not sure with his size he would be viable at Centre mid in the Premiership. He is good don’t get me wrong but you have to be really good (Joe Allen springs to mind although Woods has a few CM on him).

I’d love to be proved wrong though if we did sign him I just think he might get bullied in the Premiership.

Surely there is more chance of him getting bullied in the Championship? Every time I saw him play last season, he looked a Premiership class footballer, but he also looked a tenacious battler off the ball who can tackle. He has everything I would look for in a centre midfielder. No doubt he will be in the Premiership soon imo, I just really hope it's with us.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Surely there is more chance of him getting bullied in the Championship? Every time I saw him play last season, he looked a Premiership class footballer, but he also looked a tenacious battler off the ball who can tackle. He has everything I would look for in a centre midfielder. No doubt he will be in the Premiership soon imo, I just really hope it's with us.

He had a little bit of extra quality for the Championship. His pace wouldn’t be an issue in the Champ whereas he’s not rapid so I thought that would be a slight issue.

When I saw him Yaya Toure was smashing up the Prem and I just thought against a player that size he would be bullied and wouldn’t be able to go around them.

I just think he’s lacking a little something but he may have improved. I haven’t seen him for Brentford in person. Started as a right back for Shrewsbury. Played CM due to injuries and never looked back. A bit like Paterson.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:28 pm

Go get him he is a class act,great vision,and defence splitting passer of the ball,with either foot.besiktas are my adopted turkish side so keep up with news and my turkish mate from izmir is BESIKTAS mental,says take anyone bar arslan!!

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:54 pm

maccydee wrote:

I flagged him too at the Shrewsbury game. He dominated midfield and made Whittingham look mediocre. I think, despite his lack of inches, this boy will come good in the Premier. It would be like Christmas and Birthday rolled into one for me if we got Woods. Mind you, I wouldn't mind Arslan too

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Arslan & woods midfield sorted!!

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Its a good move doing it this way as if we do get relegated we don't catch a cold.Providing its all true of course.