Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tavistock and Bodmin- advice wanted

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:55 am

I am going down to the West Country for the games. I know Torquay well as I used to live there but got no idea of what Bodmin and Tavistock are like. Any recommendations for hotels/bed and breakfast and pubs? Going on train/bus so need to be fairly central.

Re: Tavistock and Bodmin- advice wanted

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:16 am

Tavistock is a lovely old Devon town; both Bodmin and Tavy are moor towns, though different moors.

To be frank I’d suggest looking at Trip Advisor chief - good source of info once you filter out the nut jobs.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:42 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:Tavistock is a lovely old Devon town; both Bodmin and Tavy are moor towns, though different moors.

To be frank I’d suggest looking at Trip Advisor chief - good source of info once you filter out the nut jobs.
Cheers. Just booked into Wetherspoons for the night of the game in Tavistock. In the town centre and you know what to expect.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:31 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:Tavistock is a lovely old Devon town; both Bodmin and Tavy are moor towns, though different moors.

Cheers. Just booked into Wetherspoons for the night of the game in Tavistock. In the town centre and you know what to expect.

:occasion5: no local slappers. well up to you