Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CARDIFF CITY DEFENDER SIGNS NEW CONTRACT “

Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:03 am

“ CARDIFF CITY DEFENDER SIGNS NEW CONTRACT “

Cardiff City FC is delighted to announce that Joe Bennett has signed a new deal with the Bluebirds, running until the summer of 2021.

Tuesday 3rd July 2018

Having signed for City back in August 2016, Joe made the Bluebirds’ left-back position his own in the two years since.

He was one of City’s star performers as he made a total of 41 appearances in the 2017/18 campaign, while his important strike away at Reading was shortlisted for the Bluebirds’ Goal of the Season award.

Having signed his new deal at the H.R. Owen Ferrari London showroom in South Kensington, Joe told cardiffcityfc.co.uk: “I’m really happy. It got sorted out very quickly, so now I can just concentrate on my football and hopefully having a good season.

“I think we’ve got a good squad and the Manager has signed some good, young and hungry players. There is no pressure on us really and we can just go out and enjoy it.

“We’ve got really nice kits – the home and away ones. That’s nice for the fans and I just can’t wait to get the season going. It will be nice to meet the new lads, hopefully have a good pre-season down in Cornwall and then get stuck into it!”

Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo, said: “Joe has performed admirably for the Club since we welcomed him here two years ago.

“He seemed to reach another level in our promotion-winning season last year, and we know how excited he is to represent Cardiff City in the Premier League. We are delighted to see him commit his future and continue his development with the Bluebirds.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Joe Bennett signed new extended contract

Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:58 am

Excellent news!

Re: Joe Bennett signed new extended contract

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Brilliant news :occasion5:

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY DEFENDER SIGNS NEW CONTRACT “

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Great news :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Superb news, good to see the club looking forward and planning accordingly.
I would imagine the new contracts for Etheridge and now Bennett will have increased their salaries according to their new stature of Premiership players, but will undoubtedly have relegation clauses inserted to safeguard against the unthinkable possibility of the club doing a Burnley. ;-)

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:15 pm

One of my fav City players, lovely guy, gives everything to the cause, well rewarded for his fantastic footballing ability. :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:32 pm

Great news and well deserved for a player who showed us loyalty last year when Fulham tried to get him :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:57 pm

Fantastic news. It’s great he’s showing the club some loyalty. Went way up in my estimations when he knocked back Fulham.

He’s also a fantastic LB too, which helps. ;)

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:04 pm

how well it works going up a level we will find out but i think NW keeping everyone he wanted last summer where many of our main competitors played musical chairs was massive.
so yes great news to be signing them up again 1 by 1..

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Joe Bennett signs new Cardiff City contract until 2021

Talk Sports

Tuesday 3rd July 2018

Cardiff City defender Joe Bennett has committed his future to the Welsh club by signing a new three-year contract.

Joe Bennett has penned a new contract with Cardiff City

The 28-year-old full-back featured regularly under Neil Warnock last season as the Bluebirds secured promotion back to the Premier League.

Bennett, who joined Cardiff from Aston Villa in August 2016, had entered the final year of the contract at the Welsh capital.

But he has now penned fresh terms until 2021.

He told the club’s official website: “I’m really happy. It got sorted out very quickly, so now I can just concentrate on my football and hopefully having a good season.

“We’ve got a good squad and the manager has signed some good, young and hungry players. There is no pressure on us and we can just go out and enjoy it.

“I just can’t wait to get the season going. It will be nice to meet the new lads, hopefully have a good pre-season down in Cornwall and then get stuck into it!”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Ken Choo on Bennett deal

“Joe has performed admirably for the club since we welcomed him here two years ago."

"He seemed to reach another level in our promotion-winning season last year, and we know how excited he is to represent Cardiff City in the Premier League. We are delighted to see him commit his future and continue his development with the Bluebirds.”

Cardiff CEO and exec director Ken Choo

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Brilliant news and seems he was never going anywhere after all ,and as it seems the deal breaker was as he said “we’ve got really nice kits,the home and away ones “ :lol:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Looks like the signing picture was taken inside Tan Motors of Mayfair, maybe Joe was getting a new car for his troubles too from HR Owen

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Showed great loyalty to us last summer, and ended up becoming one of our most important players. He’s one of those who I just cannot fathom losing right now, if I’m honest, so I’m delighted he’s signed up.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:33 pm

Chris Holmes wrote:Looks like the signing picture was taken inside Tan Motors of Mayfair, maybe Joe was getting a new car for his troubles too from HR Owen

His Instagram suggested he was in that neck of the woods with the tags

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:16 pm

Quality , he was great for us last season :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Nice - Tweet to all ;)

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Well done to the club and congratulations to Joe