Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Out of contract June 2019.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:18 pm

With the club extending the contracts of Etheridge and Bennett lately, it set me thinking about whose contracts expire next summer.
This is a list of players whose contracts expire next summer.
CAMP
MANGA
CONNOLLY
PELTIER
RICHARDS
RALLS
O'KEEFE
DAMOUR
PILKINGTON
MENDEZ-LAING
ZOHORE
Granted, there's two scenarios involved,staying in the Premier, or relegation to the Championship.
Because this is pure conjecture, let's go with the fact that the club is still in the Premier League, who would you keep and who would you let go ???
I'll start it off and put myself up for ridicule.
RALLS has to get a new contract.
Club are trying to give Mendez-Laing a new contract ATM.
ZOHORE has to get a new contract.
IMHO, that's the only three I'd keep.
If Premier League survival is achieved, the budget for the following season would surely have to be bigger and better players could be brought in to replace the 8 whose contracts run out.
Thoughts ???

Re: Out of contract June 2019.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Can’t argue with that. Those 3 are definitely the priorities. Be interesting to see if Peltier and Manga can make the step up

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:26 pm

those 3 and manga. NML is more of a question mark than Manga for me.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:31 pm

Ralls will sign. I fully expect we would sell him next summer if we go down, and I’d expect that to also be written into a new contract, but I genuinely don’t think even he would allow a situation to occur where we wouldn’t get a penny from him leaving us.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Still not sure about Zohore. Eight years a pro, and 31 goals, averaging less than 4 goals a year and now making a big step up into the PL. I think I would wait and see how he performs against the top defenders. Obviously the Danish manager thought Cornelius was a better bet than Zohore for the WC, so I assume he does'nt think our striker will get much joy coming up against the top defenders.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Still not sure about Zohore. Eight years a pro, and 31 goals, averaging less than 4 goals a year and now making a big step up into the PL. I think I would wait and see how he performs against the top defenders. Obviously the Danish manager thought Cornelius was a better bet than Zohore for the WC, so I assume he does'nt think our striker will get much joy coming up against the top defenders.

I think that Zohore may surprise a few defences with his pace. He can hold the ball up & he can score goals with a decent shot on him. Given the service he could do well.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:22 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Still not sure about Zohore. Eight years a pro, and 31 goals, averaging less than 4 goals a year and now making a big step up into the PL. I think I would wait and see how he performs against the top defenders. Obviously the Danish manager thought Cornelius was a better bet than Zohore for the WC, so I assume he does'nt think our striker will get much joy coming up against the top defenders.

I think that Zohore may surprise a few defences with his pace. He can hold the ball up & he can score goals with a decent shot on him. Given the service he could do well.

Could do. Lets hope he can knock a few in for us next season. :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Ralls and Zohore the big ones there followed by NML.

I'd also get Demour on a new deal ASAP as doubt he is on huge wages and could surprise a few next season.

Not really bothered about the rest

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

Tend to agree, his best form came when we had to play deeper and he used his pace and power to brush past defenders. I'd imagine we will be a lot deeper next season and he will be key.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:08 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34873834

Ralls 2020 - But would like a new deal for him asap.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:57 am

Ralls, Zohore and NML offer value to the club should we look to sell them in the future but if and its a big IF.... if we go down they will play a huge part to get us back up.

Manga should be given 1 year contract should be given if we go down.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:04 am

hopefully they are working on getting zohore a new contract before the season starts.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:05 am

pretty sure Zohore signed an extention towards the end of last season keeping him here until 2020

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Zohore and Ralls are both contracted until 2020. I wouldn't be surprised for either to sign extensions soon.