Clive tilsley commentator

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Clive tilsley commentator

Postby Wayne S » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Anyone saying it is okay for them to be biased are TOTALLY missing the point.

I expect Welsh commentators to be biased towards Wales on Welsh TV.

I expect Mexican commentators to be biased towards Mexico on Mexican TV.

I also think its right for English commentators to be biased towards England on ENGLISH TV.

But due to the oddities of Great Britain we have national broadcasters who broadcast to four home nations.

The sort of airtime given to England from this point forward on a NATIONAL TV station will far outweigh what was given to Wales during the Euros.
Wayne S

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Absolutely no different to the Cardiff City iPlayer commentators bias towards us. Colombia were horrific for the first hour, like thugs to be fair.

I don’t care who wins the World Cup but more people seem more concerned about how England are doing on here rather than enjoying it. Yet they say they hate them! Just enjoy it and whoever wins it, wins it.

I certainly don't want England to win it as the queen will knight the lot of them.

I agree who wins it wins it but clearly if you are a City supporter you've not been to away games with either sides but hey ho

What do you mean by if you are a City fan you’ve not been to away games?

I’ve been watching all the games in Norwegian commentary for this World Cup, so my views might have been different had I been home.

You've never felt the aggression/biase/bad feeling and that's putting it lightly at every away game we play.

If you don't travel away at either you wouldn't know it or appreciate it. Nothing personal but that's the way it is.

So you are just assuming I’ve never been to an away game because I don’t hate England? That’s a hatred towards the opposing team, I’ve worked with english people all my working life. I wouldn’t say I’ve hated many of them other than the odd scouser or Geordie. I do hate the English media though.

Hmmm like mine just your opinion to argue the point just proves how's f****** boring you are

No need to get upset or angry due to your assumptions being wrong. I appreciate your opinion, but you questioned something that had nothing to do with what I had initially said.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby City Slicker » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:53 pm

Wayne S wrote:Anyone saying it is okay for them to be biased are TOTALLY missing the point.

I also think its right for English commentators to be biased towards England on ENGLISH TV.

But due to the oddities of Great Britain we have national broadcasters who broadcast to four home nations.

The sort of airtime given to England from this point forward on a NATIONAL TV station will far outweigh what was given to Wales during the Euros.

Well said Wayne, it's because of the oddity of our country's set up. But Clive Tyldsley is still smarmy, however give me him over Jonathan Pierce or Jon Champion etc. every day of the week
City Slicker

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Absolutely no different to the Cardiff City iPlayer commentators bias towards us. Colombia were horrific for the first hour, like thugs to be fair.

I don’t care who wins the World Cup but more people seem more concerned about how England are doing on here rather than enjoying it. Yet they say they hate them! Just enjoy it and whoever wins it, wins it.

I certainly don't want England to win it as the queen will knight the lot of them.

I agree who wins it wins it but clearly if you are a City supporter you've not been to away games with either sides but hey ho

I’ve been watching all the games in Norwegian commentary for this World Cup, so my views might have been different had I been home.

You've never felt the aggression/biase/bad feeling and that's putting it lightly at every away game we play.

If you don't travel away at either you wouldn't know it or appreciate it. Nothing personal but that's the way it is.

So you are just assuming I’ve never been to an away game because I don’t hate England? That’s a hatred towards the opposing team, I’ve worked with english people all my working life. I wouldn’t say I’ve hated many of them other than the odd scouser or Geordie. I do hate the English media though.

Hmmm like mine just your opinion to argue the point just proves how's f****** boring you are

No need to get upset or angry due to your assumptions being wrong. I appreciate your opinion, but you questioned something that had nothing to do with what I had initially said.

See what I mean I'm neither!

Have you travelled? That's obviously a NO.

Simples
Pulisnewport

Postby City Slicker » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:59 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Simples

Well I've travelled a lot and I've experienced more hate from our 6 fingered friends down west than anywhere else in the country. Not surprising really
City Slicker

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Good for you that was my answer to the question.

We have to put up with more, not that I'm worried they are full of it ha ha
Pulisnewport

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Simples

I have travelled yes. So what are you trying to achieve?
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Welshman in CA » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 pm

Wayne S wrote:Anyone saying it is okay for them to be biased are TOTALLY missing the point.

I can't remember saying anything about Mexican commentators being on Mexican tv, or did you just make that up to justify your point of view?

I have no doubt that the amount of airtime given to England will more than outweigh that given to Wales during the Euros but I still wouldn't expect any commentator to be unbiased when it's their country playing no matter what country they were commentating in.
Welshman in CA

Postby psw78 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:14 am

If people have that view, it doesn’t mean that they are totally missing the point.

I’m a fiercely proud Welshman, who has lived most of my life in England - the thought of England winning anything grates on me for various reasons.

I understand your point about ITV being a UK channel, but in this situation it’s perfectly acceptable for a commentator to show some bias even if it is on national TV - there is no English Channel for them to operate!! An exception to this would be if there were two British teams playing and even more so if on the BBC.

At the Euros, Savage, Gabbidon and Saunders showed no ‘neutrality’ on national TV and nor should they have, as they were Welshmen celebrating a Welsh success. Had Rob Phillips been on 5 Live, would you have expected him to have been neutral?!
psw78

Postby dogfound » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:16 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

bloody hell sounds great ,i havent been to an away game like that for about 10 years
dogfound

Postby Wayne S » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:29 am

psw78 wrote:

If people have that view, it doesn’t mean that they are totally missing the point.

I’m a fiercely proud Welshman, who has lived most of my life in England - the thought of England winning anything grates on me for various reasons.

I understand your point about ITV being a UK channel, but in this situation it’s perfectly acceptable for a commentator to show some bias even if it is on national TV - there is no English Channel for them to operate!! An exception to this would be if there were two British teams playing and even more so if on the BBC.

At the Euros, Savage, Gabbidon and Saunders showed no ‘neutrality’ on national TV and nor should they have, as they were Welshmen celebrating a Welsh success. Had Rob Phillips been on 5 Live, would you have expected him to have been neutral?!

I am NOT asking for neutrality. I am asking for the amount of airtime to be relevant to the successes and our run to the semis two years ago will pale in comparison to the amount of time given to England making the quarters on a NATIONAL broadcast.
Wayne S

Postby Wayne S » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:34 am

Welshman in CA wrote:

I can't remember saying anything about Mexican commentators being on Mexican tv, or did you just make that up to justify your point of view?

I have no doubt that the amount of airtime given to England will more than outweigh that given to Wales during the Euros but I still wouldn't expect any commentator to be unbiased when it's their country playing no matter what country they were commentating in.

Then we agree. It's not about bias I can accept that. It's about airtime on a NATIONAL broadcast.

Oh and you said this.

Welshman in CA wrote:If you think they're biased you have never heard a Mexican commentator during a Mexico game.
Wayne S

Postby Pulisnewport » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:26 am

dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

bloody hell sounds great ,i havent been to an away game like that for about 10 years

You're obviously far to young! It's a lot more friendly these past 10 yrs
Pulisnewport

Postby dogfound » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:21 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

You're obviously far to young! It's a lot more friendly these past 10 yrs

:lol: :lol: :lol: nah been no where me...too young
thats why im making out its like a war zone when we go away :roll:
dogfound

Postby Fairblue27 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:37 am

Got to agree with opening post, his commentary was irritating & biased, so much so that even Hoddle corrected him a few times.
The key to the truly great commentator for any sport is their impartiality. Barry Davies & Richie Benaud set the standard for the level Tydesley will never reach.
Fairblue27

Postby Mikey27 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:59 am

Now this might just be me getting older but I can't understand this constant anti English rhetoric all the time! Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a bit of banter if they get knocked out etc. but for me, when you look at all the nations left in the tournament why wouldn't you favour England over the rest of them?

We live and work side by side with English men and women on a daily basis, our servicemen fight and defend our country together. I'm sure if the majority of people were to look up their family tree they would have some English heritage in there somewhere.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not actively supporting England but I'm not wishing them to get knocked out at the earliest opportunity either. There is a part of me though that thinks it would be nice to see a home nation winning the world cup in my life time.

As I said earlier though I think it is me getting older as if you' d asked me the same question a few years ago I would have been the first one to want them to get knocked out :lol: :lol:
Mikey27

Postby City Slicker » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:59 am

Fairblue27 wrote:Got to agree with opening post, his commentary was irritating & biased, so much so that even Hoddle corrected him a few times.
The key to the truly great commentator for any sport is their impartiality. Barry Davies & Richie Benaud set the standard for the level Tydesley will never reach.

David Coleman was the best for me
City Slicker

Postby Wayne S » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:16 am

Mikey27 wrote:Now this might just be me getting older but I can't understand this constant anti English rhetoric all the time! Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a bit of banter if they get knocked out etc. but for me, when you look at all the nations left in the tournament why wouldn't you favour England over the rest of them?

We live and work side by side with English men and women on a daily basis, our servicemen fight and defend our country together. I'm sure if the majority of people were to look up their family tree they would have some English heritage in there somewhere.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not actively supporting England but I'm not wishing them to get knocked out at the earliest opportunity either. There is a part of me though that thinks it would be nice to see a home nation winning the world cup in my life time.

As I said earlier though I think it is me getting older as if you' d asked me the same question a few years ago I would have been the first one to want them to get knocked out :lol: :lol:

Bloody hell mate, why would you talk common sense and spoil the fun of the thread.

:lol:

Good post.
Wayne S

Postby griff105 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:32 am

I totally understand them being biased especially in high tension moments but to lose all objectivity is unprofessional.

I feel the same when Rob Phillips or Savage etc do the same.
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby dogfound » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:53 am

griff105 wrote:I totally understand them being biased especially in high tension moments but to lose all objectivity is unprofessional.

I feel the same when Rob Phillips or Savage etc do the same.

unlike you { i think } id dont mind them doing well..

but your post nails it , agree 100%..if English id be embarrassed
dogfound

Postby montyblue » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:13 am

My opening post was about his bias when an england player got fouled tilsley would be shouting that the ref needs to get a grip etc and whenever it was the other way around he would fall silent and say nothing every time even when the Columbian player got kicked in the head after the initial foul he committed he said nothing this is what i meant by bias not so much the actual backing of his country.
montyblue

Postby Bluebird For Life » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:27 am

To me its not the fact that he is biased that is the issue though he undoubtedly is. He is just plainly and simply awful.

Personally, last night was the first England game I have seen due to travelling but I thought they did remarkably well to stand up to the bullying tactics of the Colombians and the incredibly lenient referee. They kept their cool and were undoubtedly the better team, so they deserved to win. They now have a real chance of making the semi final where they may meet Croatia if they beat Russia [I was told as I am not sure]. For me that game will produce the winner of the tournament, and if it is England, good luck to them, but heaven help us for the next 50 years as the media will never let us forget it...
Bluebird For Life

Postby The Harry Lash » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:56 am

Some of the commentary has been shocking by both BBC and ITV. Clive Tilsley was particularly bad last night but I felt Glen Hoddle was okay. The desire for a Columbian red was cringeworthy.

All professionals paid to do a job should complete it with total neutrality. Sky Sports seem to handle commentry far more professionally. Maybe we are just used to the way that Sky manage and produce football broadcasts.

The BBC/ITV coverage really does put me off England though.
The Harry Lash

Postby dogfound » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:To me its not the fact that he is biased that is the issue though he undoubtedly is. He is just plainly and simply awful.

Personally, last night was the first England game I have seen due to travelling but I thought they did remarkably well to stand up to the bullying tactics of the Colombians and the incredibly lenient referee. They kept their cool and were undoubtedly the better team, so they deserved to win. They now have a real chance of making the semi final where they may meet Croatia if they beat Russia [I was told as I am not sure]. For me that game will produce the winner of the tournament, and if it is England, good luck to them, but heaven help us for the next 50 years as the media will never let us forget it...

a good chance of reaching the semi...of which the winner will win the tournament ...are you Tilsley..?
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat