Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ROBIN 'BLUEBIRD' REID: 10 BEST ROBINS FANS REACTIONS

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:54 am

Meltdown: The 10 Best Bristol City forum reactions to Bobby Reid’s move
From 'View from the Ninian' with credits to Ben Isaacs and ccfcscott

Cardiff City’s purchase of Bristol City hero Bobby Reid was a masterstroke from start to finish. He was the Robins’ star player in a season in which they celebrated premature promotion and a brave defeat against Manchester City in a giddy few midseason months.

All the while Neil Warnock was masterminding a promotion campaign and planning a bid for Reid. When rumours first surfaced, Bristol City fans were furious, especially as it coincided with the £5m sale of Aden Flint (described by one poster on a BCFC forum this week as the best centre back outside the Premier League), but things got worse.

In an outrageous bit of trolling, Cardiff City announced the signing of Reid with a celebration gif, mocking the gifs that Bristol City would tweet whenever they scored a goal. Urologists in the Bristol area are now working overtime to treat local patients because Reid’s ayatollah has caused so much wurzel piss to boil.

And then, to make matters worse, Bristol City’s social media team kept posting tributes to Bobby that were one step away from “U are wiv da angels now”.

You probably don’t want to expose yourself to all the the madness going on among Bristol City’s devastated fanbase so we’ve done it for you. Twitter and Instagram have been full of death threats so we’ll ignore those and focus on One Team In Bristol.

Here are our ten favourite reactions from the wurzels.

Original article can be viewed at: http://www.viewfromtheninian.com/2018/0 ... eids-move/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ROBIN 'BLUEBIRD' REID: 10 BEST ROBINS FANS REACTIONS

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:56 am

BRISTOL86 seems to be particularly bitter:

"Can you ask the club to pull their pants back up now? Neil’s done." :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:12 am

“6 fingered gypos” - how dare they. That’s our affectionate title for the chaps out west!
Yep, it seems they’re mostly annoyed the fact Reid has come to Cardiff. Financially I think it’s a good move....who cares as Bobby is now a bluebird

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:32 am

blue for you wrote:“6 fingered gypos” - how dare they. That’s our affectionate title for the chaps out west!
Yep, it seems they’re mostly annoyed the fact Reid has come to Cardiff. Financially I think it’s a good move....who cares as Bobby is now a bluebird

Think the Wurzle is referring to Bristol Rovers there after they signed Matty Taylor from them, none the less is still hysterical :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:35 am

Brilliant thread! Cheered me right up

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:55 am

If you're going to steal our content word for word, perhaps you could at least credit where it has come from.

Original: http://www.viewfromtheninian.com/2018/0 ... eids-move/

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:06 am

Cheers Chris. The wurzels hate us more than the jacks and their OTIB forum is presently a thing of bitter beauty. Tin pot club with wanky fans. :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:39 am

Oh how the media darlings Bristol city have fallen . I remember BBC et al waxing lyrical about their sublime brand of football after turning over a few Premier league teams and how our anti-football wouldn't see us make the cut.

They absolutely despise us as they thought they were nailed on to get into the playoffs , fans are starting to turn on the owners now with the mass exodus looming . Happy days

:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:25 pm

Amazing!

Can someone share the 'GIF' please????

Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:18 pm

The wurzels have always been bitter scum. They are even bigger under achievers than us .only 7 top flight seasons in their entire history and no major trophys.
Still they've got this attitude that they are the world beaters .total bellends in my book.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:10 pm

nubbsy wrote:Amazing!

Can someone share the 'GIF' please????

@CardiffCityFC: #CardiffCity are delighted to confirm the signing of @BobbyReid93 from @BristolCity!

#CityAsOne https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/statu ... 37/photo/1

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks jimmi.

Reading those comments I really do find it funny how much they hate us. But we don't really give that much of a shit about them, which makes it even funnier.

They call this an inferiority complex.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:39 pm

ccfcscott wrote:If you're going to steal our content word for word, perhaps you could at least credit where it has come from.

Great article mate, well presented.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:00 pm

ccfcscott wrote:If you're going to steal our content word for word, perhaps you could at least credit where it has come from.

Steal???? :?

If you read the Forum regularly or do a check, you will see that I am amongst the better thread posters for giving credit where it's due ;)

On this occasion, there was no name to the article and (as with most news articles) I have to say I omitted to say which paper and/or web-site it came from

Simple error and there are better ways of bringing it to our/my attention than accusations of 'theft' :roll: :oops:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:45 am

Sven wrote:

If you read the Forum regularly or do a check, you will see that I am amongst the better thread posters for giving credit where it's due ;)

On this occasion, there was no name to the article and (as with most news articles) I have to say I omitted to say which paper and/or web-site it came from

Simple error and there are better ways of bringing it to our/my attention than accusations of 'theft' :roll: :oops:

I'm not having a pop but it is stealing if the site you took it from is copyrighted. It is someone else's work hard work. It's similar to putting up a band's MP3 without permission. Just chuck the link after the stories you lift or ask the website you take the work from. No dramas like.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:58 am

Fergy1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I'm not having a pop but it is stealing if the site you took it from is copyrighted. It is someone else's work hard work. It's similar to putting up a band's MP3 without permission. Just chuck the link after the stories you lift or ask the website you take the work from. No dramas like.

Should be more of adding the link on here but they dont link to direct traffic off the site.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Sven wrote:

That may be the case, but you didn't even mention View From The Ninian anywhere in your post. You didn't even mention that it was not written by yourself, so for most this looks like it is your work.

And yes, there is a name on the article. Ben Isaacs wrote it.

Apologies if theft was a strong word, but we're all City fans trying to give fans better coverage of the club than certain media outlets. It can be frustrating to see our work copy and pasted without even a reference, that is all. Up the blues. :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:18 pm

ccfcscott wrote:
Sven wrote:

That may be the case, but you didn't even mention View From The Ninian anywhere in your post. You didn't even mention that it was not written by yourself, so for most this looks like it is your work.

Apologies if theft was a strong word, but we're all City fans trying to give fans better coverage of the club than certain media outlets. It can be frustrating to see our work copy and pasted without even a reference, that is all. Up the blues. :bluescarf:

If it makes you feel better then well done Ben Isaacs 8-)

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ccfcscott wrote:
Sven wrote:

:lol:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:15 pm

I agree, I think articles taken from elsewhere should at least say at the start where from if not include a link. These guys are obviously working hard on this ccfc website, they deserve credit.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:06 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ccfcscott wrote:
Sven wrote:

well its a lot better than the majority of drivel taken from HITC, Wales online etc that normally comes with credit.
and i enjoyed reading it..well done Ben indeed.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:07 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Should be more of adding the link on here but they dont link to direct traffic off the site.

Paul, your prolific interesting, informative and eloquent thread posting is noted...not! :thumbright: :lol:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:18 am

nubbsy wrote:I agree, I think articles taken from elsewhere should at least say at the start where from if not include a link. These guys are obviously working hard on this ccfc website, they deserve credit.

Jack, I agree and the site 'View form the Ninian' is well set up and a pretty good read but as I explained, the omission was a simple error on my part and nothing more :thumbright:

The poor response from ccfcscott (apology accepted) was wholly unnecessary when a simple "Where's the credit?" would have sufficed

The OP has now been corrected to show such and I wish them all the very best with their journalistic efforts! :ayatollah: