Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Fulham in talks '

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:50 am

FULHAM IN MITROVIC TALKS

04/07/18

Fulham are in talks with Newcastle to sign Aleksandar Mitrovic and are confident of concluding a deal for the striker, SSN understands.

The Magpies are prepared to sell the Serbian, who helped fire the Whites into the Premier League during an explosive loan spell last season, but want upwards of £20m for his transfer.

Crystal Palace have also been interested in Mitrovic, but the player is understood to want to continue his successful stay spell at Craven Cottage and Fulham are not concerned about rival bids at this stage.

Mitrovic enjoys a good relationship with the Whites boss Slavisa Jokanovic - a fellow Serb – and scored 12 Championship goals after joining the club on loan on Deadline Day of the winter transfer window.

Newcastle, meanwhile, are interested in replacing Mitrovic with Nice striker Alessane Plea – also a name on Fulham’s list – but face competition from West Ham.

Re: ' Fulham in talks '

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:12 pm

upwards of 20m for a striker whos never really done it at this level is crazy but shows what football is like at the moment really.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 pm

paulh_85 wrote:upwards of 20m for a striker whos never really done it at this level is crazy but shows what football is like at the moment really.

Quite frightening that they will have to pay that price just to stand still in respects to the quality of their squad.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:10 pm

20 million seems a bit steep!!

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:48 pm

Wayne S wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:upwards of 20m for a striker whos never really done it at this level is crazy but shows what football is like at the moment really.

Quite frightening that they will have to pay that price just to stand still in respects to the quality of their squad.

Not even stand still they have to replace Fredericks first.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 pm

I really dont think hes worth 20 million ,looked average in the world cup noy a 20 million pound striker

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:I really dont think hes worth 20 million ,looked average in the world cup noy a 20 million pound striker

He would be perfect for us, I thought he would go for around £10 to £12 mill!!!

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Bluebina wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I really dont think hes worth 20 million ,looked average in the world cup noy a 20 million pound striker

Im not to sure tbh can he do it in the premier league ?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:59 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

One thing is for sure he can do it more than any of our strikers, he was head and shoulders above our strikers last season.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:07 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

One thing is for sure he can do it more than any of our strikers, he was head and shoulders above our strikers last season.

Above bobby reid?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Above bobby reid?

Didn’t realise Bobby Reid played for us last season? Plus is bobby a striker or 10?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:52 pm

wez1927 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:One thing is for sure he can do it more than any of our strikers, he was head and shoulders above our strikers last season.

Above bobby reid?

Touchè Wez.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:33 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Above bobby reid?

Didn’t realise Bobby Reid played for us last season? Plus is bobby a striker or 10?

But we are talking about strikers now and him signing now ,Reid was better than him last season lets face it fulham bottled it

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Above bobby reid?

But we are talking about strikers now and him signing now ,Reid was better than him last season lets face it fulham bottled it

Reid’s a 10 tho?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Agree not £20M .

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:57 am

All the talk about him not being able to cut it. I don't care.

I just want to see him f**k Fulham and sign for someone else. Be hilarious!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:37 am

When will these prices stop?

Surely it can’t go on forever.