Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David Brooks - Cardiff

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:52 pm

A bloke in work has just told me we had an 11mill bid rejected for David Brooks before he signed for Bournemouth.

Not sure where he heard this though. Anyone heard anything!?

Re: David Brooks - Cardiff

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Makes sense - Warnock did say Bournemouth had outbid us for a player.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:53 pm

I'd have thought it was him or Reid he had in mind, can't have seen him wanting both.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:29 pm

Yup, Annis has now posted the article :thumbright:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:22 pm

If you gave me the choice between Reid and Brooks I’d have chosen the Welshman!

Hope they both have goood seasons though obviously :)

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:44 pm

paulh_85 wrote:If you gave me the choice between Reid and Brooks I’d have chosen the Welshman!

I get the impression that was warnocks choice but then he knew he was going to Bournemouth.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:53 pm

paulh_85 wrote:If you gave me the choice between Reid and Brooks I’d have chosen the Welshman!

A no brainer, a gulf in class apart at this time. Reid who scores 21 goals or Brooks 3. There is no comparison at this time. Take away the fact that Brooks is Welsh & he is miles behind Reid. Scored 1 very good goal last season other than that he did not stand out at all. Undoubtedly still young & will improve with time. Reid for me.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:27 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

A no brainer, a gulf in class apart at this time. Reid who scores 21 goals or Brooks 3. There is no comparison at this time. Take away the fact that Brooks is Welsh & he is miles behind Reid. Scored 1 very good goal last season other than that he did not stand out at all. Undoubtedly still young & will improve with time. Reid for me.

It’s more than goals though. Reid’s had one good season in how many? Brooks had glandular fever and in between still looked class, plus has the potential.

Not disappointed with signing Reid don’t get me wrong , but I think brooks will be the better player

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:56 pm

To me Brooks is our next World Class star so would have preferred him to Murphy or Reid, time will tell?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:06 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:To me Brooks is our next World Class star so would have preferred him to Murphy or Reid, time will tell?

They said that about Johnny Williams :shock:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:35 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:To me Brooks is our next World Class star so would have preferred him to Murphy or Reid, time will tell?

What evidence is there to suggest that he is going to be a world class star? If you take away the fact that he is Welsh would he have been noticed? Goals are not everything but 3 in 30 games is not inspiring. Unfortunately I don’t think City can take too many gambles and need players in the Premiership who can hit the ground running. Some say Reid was a one season wonder but I would rather take someone who scored 21 goals rather than 3 goals because they have been there and done it. Was he a stand out performer for Sheff Utd last season? - I believe not.

If he turns out to be a class act in the future then all the better for Welsh footballer but I suggest that at the moment he has a lot to prove. 12m is a lot to spend on an untried player at PL level who just happened to score one decent goal.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Reid and Murphy are also unproven at Premiership level,but obviously I hope they do well. Brooks was wanted by England and Wales and has already played at International level,but as I said time will tell! Bookmark!