Sweden
No votes
Uruguay
10%

Total votes : 93

“ Who will win the World Cup? “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:20 pm

We’re now down to the last eight teams.

The first half of the draw in the quarter finals sees Uruguay play France and Brazil play Belgium. In the other half, Croatia play Russia and Sweden play England.

Who do you think will win the World Cup?
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

“ Who will win the World Cup? “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Who will win the World Cup? “

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Croatia
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby City Slicker » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:25 pm

Not easy to say but there's the prospect of some great games coming up
City Slicker

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Uruguay vs France should be a mouthwatering prospect for the neutrals, Cavani vs Mbappe – who will come out on top, hard to call as Uruguay defensively look solid especially with Godin who is a colossus but if France step it up, they should nick it, I’m hoping Uruguay go through though, really like the way they play.

Brazil vs Belgium – Corr this will be a high energy affair, I don’t like the way Brazil are set up and feel they’re particulary weak at the back although Casemiro who is world class in his position, yes they have Neymar and Coutinho but Belgium have Lukaku, De Bruyne, Hazard and co, Carrasco has been hit and miss for them, Witsel is a good player in his role and they can bring on Feilani to terrorise the Brazilians, I’m looking at a narrow Belgium win

Croatia vs Russia – Croatia no doubt about it, will play 100x better than they did against the Danes and will book their place in the semi’s

England vs Sweden – Tight one, , England to nick it 2-1 – Sweden are a dreadful side, how they’ve got this far is beyond me.
Wolfpac

Postby bluebirdrob » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Gone for England with my bad luck that’s the kiss of death for them.
bluebirdrob

Postby Dobbin » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:45 pm

England

Because I wasn't born in 1966 and fed up of being shite :thumbup:
Dobbin

Postby thomasblue » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:24 pm

England will kick themselves if they do not make the final

That said i cant see them beating any of the teams in the other side of the draw. They have had a relatively easy ride so far and have not really played anybody who would be considered contenders (Belgium was a friendly)

Sweden will be tougher but i would expect them to win by the odd goal. The big test will be Croatia who really do have the players to hurt England. Given the luck they have had so far Russia will pull off a shock and England will make the final without having played a game against a team ranked in the top 15 in the world. That is unheard of in a major tournament
thomasblue

Postby BobbyBlue » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:44 pm

On last nights action England haven’t got a sniff
BobbyBlue

Postby BlueVanman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:22 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:On last nights action England haven’t got a sniff

Agree with this, not a chance based on last nights performance.
BlueVanman

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:34 pm

BlueVanman wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:On last nights action England haven’t got a sniff

Agree with this, not a chance based on last nights performance.

Agree I'm amazed after England's last 2 games anybody voted them as potential winners.
WelshPatriot

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:48 pm

France Vs Croatia final with France winning
Llan_Blue

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Belgium have already conceded a few goals under Martinez's open playing style and that will cost them against the better teams.

Croatia disappointed me against Denmark and I don't think they're good enough after that performance.

England's tempo drops after the first half hour and they seem to continually deteriorate as the game goes on.

France have lots of attacking talent but against teams who sit deep, they struggle to break them down. Australia were very unlucky to lose against them and France's defence has shown to be leaky, which like Belgium, will cost them against the better teams.

Russia's luck will surely run out, but fair play to them for getting this far.

Uruguay have 2 great strikers and a rock solid defence, a huge threat.

Brazil have just beaten a good Serbia team 3-0 and a Mexico team who beat Germany 2-0. They have started clicking and seem to be getting better and better with every game. They are keeping clean sheets and I don't see anyone stopping them. Brazil get my vote.

Finally Sweden, I don't think they will win it, but I won't be surprised one bit if they knock England out. I think Sweden could beat England quite comfortably actually. The only team to score past Sweden this World Cup is Germany. Sweden don't concede many goals. They are a very fit, well organised team who will keep going till the death. England will need to do their fast early start and try to score within the first 20-30 minutes when they're on top, otherwise I don't see England scoring. Sweden will simply outwork England, particularly in the second half, where England have tired in every game so far this tournament. Sweden have beaten France in their qualifying group, beaten Italy in the playoff and they have just beaten a Switzerland team who drew with Brazil. The English should write them off at their peril.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Anyone but England
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:24 pm

England. Of course. Nah it’s Brazil’s. Best team at the tournament.
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:39 am

To be honest I want England to win it. Why not? I can imagine if England weren’t in the tournament and Wales starting doing really well....there would be many fans joining in with our celebrations. And let’s face it....no where else in the world likes the UK so we may as well just stick together. Why would I want someone like Brazil or Uruguay to win it over England who are just down the road from me? (Ps. My opinion on this is completely the opposite when it comes to club football lol).
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:28 pm

Brasil.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby Bananas » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:To be honest I want England to win it. Why not? I can imagine if England weren’t in the tournament and Wales starting doing really well....there would be many fans joining in with our celebrations. And let’s face it....no where else in the world likes the UK so we may as well just stick together. Why would I want someone like Brazil or Uruguay to win it over England who are just down the road from me? (Ps. My opinion on this is completely the opposite when it comes to club football lol).

Oh dear. Totally brainwashed by EBC1.

Fek em. A.B.E. I voted Brazil, our South American friends.

#welshandeuropean
Bananas

Postby Bananas » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Anyone but England

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :thumbup:
Bananas

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:To be honest I want England to win it. Why not? I can imagine if England weren’t in the tournament and Wales starting doing really well....there would be many fans joining in with our celebrations. And let’s face it....no where else in the world likes the UK so we may as well just stick together. Why would I want someone like Brazil or Uruguay to win it over England who are just down the road from me? (Ps. My opinion on this is completely the opposite when it comes to club football lol).

I agree.

I’m Welsh but have more links to England than any other nation in the tournament, so hope they win it.

But I have a feeling that Uruguay will do it this year.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:35 pm

Bananas wrote:

There’s a rumour going round that Bananas is English. They call that a paradox. Bit like Sean Morrison and Neil Warnock.

#europeanAndStillAtwat
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:19 pm

4 GOOD TEAMS ON 1 SIDE OF THE DRAW - The other side wide open for the Final .

Can't get my head around why Belgium wanted to win that game with England :?
TopCat CCFC

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:49 am

Predicted France from the start so stick with them but Brazil are starting to look ominous going forward. Croatia from the other half of the draw to reach the final.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Bananas » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:38 am

#1ScouseBluebird wrote:
Bananas wrote:

There’s a rumour going round that Bananas is English. They call that a paradox. Bit like Sean Morrison and Neil Warnock.

#europeanAndStillAtwat

Oh dear :laughing6:
Bananas

Postby montyblue » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:33 am

I did predict begium to win Croatia as dark horses but after seeing france's last match i think it will be a france v england final england not having much standing in there way they will make it through but i hope for a french win after enjoying my time in the euros with the people otherwise the english media will go into melt down and for the next 50 years you will hear about it loud and clear.
montyblue

Return to General Chat