Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: “ NO DEAL “

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:01 pm

" UPDATED "

No Deal

"Derbyshire Live understands that there was some interest in Bryson from Cardiff after last season but there has been no movement since, and that no bid for him has been accepted."

Wales on line put out that there was a deal, but Cardiff City have confirmed there is NO deal.

05/07/18

BBC Derby are reporting that we haven't agreed a fee

Cardiff City distance themselves from Craig Bryson rumours

Yet Wales on-line said Cardiff City had bought Craig Bryson.

Cardiff City are believed to be distancing themselves from reports linking Neil Warnock to a £1.75m offer for Craig Bryson.

Cardiff City have agreed a fee with Derby County for midfielder Craig Bryson

Sky Sports

4th July 2018

The 31-year-old Scottish midfielder has reportedly been subject of a £1.75m bid.
From Wales on line.

D17B1467-9B8F-4F22-91BD-92CFDD49591B.jpeg

By SCOTT BURNS

Wed, Jul 4, 2018

The Premiership new boys have agreed a £1.75m fee with Derby County for the transfer.

Express Sport understands the Premier League new boys have still to be given permission to open talks with the Scotland international over personal terms.

The 31-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan with the Bluebirds, helping them to automatic promotion.

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock was keen on a quick fire deal but a fee has now been thrashed out and is hopeful terms can be quickly thrashed out.

Several top English Championship sides are also watching the situation closely.

Bryson is currently away on pre-season with Derby County under the guidance of new Rams boss Frank Lampard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bryson Coming Back?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 pm

didnt see that one happening

Re: Bryson Coming Back?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:17 pm

dogfound wrote:didnt see that one happening

Useful squad player, great energy & work rate.

Re: Cardiff City Open Talks with Derby for £1.75m Man

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:18 pm

bit much for a 31 year old.
if we do sign him i guess it means gunnar definitely isn’t staying.

Re: Cardiff City have £1.75m Bid Accepted!

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Norms you say useful squad player but we only have 25 slots. I like Bryson’s work ethic, his energy and his personality fits the team, I guess I truthfully had hoped that Warnock would have improved the middle of the park this summer.

Re: Cardiff City Open Talks with Derby for £1.75m Man

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:bit much for a 31 year old.
if we do sign him i guess it means gunnar definitely isn’t staying.

Peanuts in today’s market and prefer him to Gunnarsson. Although I only see him playing cup matches to give the 1st team members a rest.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:23 pm

I assume by this that gunners isn’t staying. Not sure I want both

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:27 pm

Happy with this one - I think he’s a good player for depth :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:28 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:Norms you say useful squad player but we only have 25 slots. I like Bryson’s work ethic, his energy and his personality fits the team, I guess I truthfully had hoped that Warnock would have improved the middle of the park this summer.

Warnock obviously likes him, I liked him last season and he’s a useful squad player. I expect Warnock will get more midfield cover. When we announced our retain list, along with our new signings and the likes of Bogle,Harris, Pilks, Camp,O’Keefe and Tomlin etc we were at 27. I expect most of, if not all of them to go so we’ll have 5/6 spaces to fill.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Disappointing for me ;)

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:31 pm

So as it stands our centre midfielders

Ralls
Damour
Patterson
Bryson if we sign him

Is that everyone?

That looks very very weak to me if we didn’t sign anymore

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:46 pm

In today’s market it’s not bad but he’ll be used as a squad player and let’s face it we need depth in midfield. He was reliable last season and worked his socks off so I’m happy, surely means Gunnarrson won’t be re signing though?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:51 pm

If true this smacks of Warnock desperation,what part of quality midfielder does our manager not understand, I just hope this is nothing more than a stop gap and Warnock gets his finger out and sign some desperately needed quality for our midfield

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:55 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:So as it stands our centre midfielders

Ralls
Damour
Patterson
Bryson if we sign him

Is that everyone?

Weak as piss
But I’m sure as can be there’s quality to come, has to be.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:55 pm

Just spoke to some Derby fans I met in the Euros and they are not happy at all. Even though he's 31 they think it's robbery.

I'm happy with this as I'd prefer Bryson to Gunnars.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:04 pm

I think it's a really good move. He's obviously not going to be in the starting line up week in, week out. He's going to be a good squad player. He's popular in the dressing room and will push other players in training and when called upon he will fight for the team...no brainer for me!

We've still got a whole month left of the transfer window and not every player we sign is going to be a marquee super star signing...people need to chill out and enjoy it!

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:06 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:If true this smacks of Warnock desperation,what part of quality midfielder does our manager not understand, I just hope this is nothing more than a stop gap and Warnock gets his finger out and sign some desperately needed quality for our midfield

Couldn't agree more. Bryson would make a great marathon runner but is nowhere near Premier League standard as a footballer based on what we saw last year.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Wow... Really thought we would get better... He barley made our championship midfield.

And 1.75m? Would rather have kept Halford!
1.75m could get a you gear hungrier player with potential and resale.

Baffled

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:10 pm

Not overly inspired by this. He was ok run round like a headless chicken but didn't do that much for me

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:15 pm

See, now I think Bryson and, if we get him, Grujic will be better players in the Prem than in the Championship.

Some players just suit one league as opposed to the other, they just don't get much of an opportunity.

Just like I think Paterson and Gunnarson thrive as Championship players and would find it hard in the Prem.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:16 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:If true this smacks of Warnock desperation,what part of quality midfielder does our manager not understand, I just hope this is nothing more than a stop gap and Warnock gets his finger out and sign some desperately needed quality for our midfield

How the f.uck would you know dickhead.
nothing like slagging off a bloke thats done more for this club since I've been watching.How old are you,13?

I imagine if signed he will play a similar role that Halford played going forward.A very clever move by the gaffer who's obviously forgotten more than you know.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:26 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:Not overly inspired by this. He was ok run round like a headless chicken but didn't do that much for me

Definitely not the quality we need. I'd much rather that we put the almost 2 million to bidding for Ryan Woods or for Tolgay Arslan. :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

nothing like slagging off a bloke thats done more for this club since I've been watching.How old are you,13?

I imagine if signed he will play a similar role that Halford played going forward.A very clever move by the gaffer who's obviously forgotten more than you know.

Some won’t be happy unless we had the likes of Ramsey back. We got to remember that we’re Cardiff City and not Manchester City.

I trust Warnock and he’ll obviously have a plan & other targets.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:28 pm

moonboots wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:Not overly inspired by this. He was ok run round like a headless chicken but didn't do that much for me

Definitely not the quality we need. I'd much rather that we put the almost 2 million to bidding for Ryan Woods or for Tolgay Arslan. :bluescarf:

Who’s saying we’re not looking at other targets? We’ve not finished our business yet. I’d rather wait until the window shuts before judging.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:30 pm

Bay Blue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:So as it stands our centre midfielders

Ralls
Damour
Patterson
Bryson if we sign him

Is that everyone?

Weak as piss
But I’m sure as can be there’s quality to come, has to be.

I just hope we signed a experienced centre mid because we need it badly

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:30 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

I hoped that this forum had gotten rid of obnoxious little twerps like you but it seems not

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:31 pm

We need players in midfield. He is similar to ralls with energy and work rate - minus the passing and set piece obviously but he can do a job and isn’t going to cost much. Warnock has worked with him and rates him. I don’t think he would be the last player we bring in. He won’t let us down and can fit the game plan.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Great news 1.75m seems a lot in the championship but nothing in the Prem. Perfect squad player for us and how we play. Knows the system, knows the manager and knows the team. It's a no brainer really.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:35 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:I hoped that this forum had gotten rid of obnoxious little twerps like you but it seems not

You've only been here a month you clown........that's a lot of hope.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:39 pm

City Slicker wrote:Disappointing for me ;)

Totally agree...Hugely disappointing made virtually no impact in the Championship

Waste of money