Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Updated: ' Cardiff City have £1.75m Bid Accepted! '

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Happy with this. Warnock knows him well, he’s experienced, and he’ll do a job. I’m sure there are other midfield targets, and Gunnar may well sign too. Add Grujic on loan. I think we need to keep our feet on the ground here re so called big signings. Man City we are not, bit of perspective needed about where we’ve come from. If Warnock thinks Bryson is a player that’ll do a job in the prem them thats fine by me. Man’s a feckin legend.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:00 pm

Atm our midfield is not good enough. I really do hope warnock brings in some quality. Bryson is a poor signing 31 and nearly 2mill.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:01 pm

Wayne S wrote:I get the impression there are still many fans around that are expecting us to pay 5 to 8 million for squad players and 15 to 20 million on first team players.

I thought we were learning from last time but it seems the starry lights of the Premier League are blinding a few and they are expecting spending of a level of teams that have been in the Prem for 3 or more years.

Spot on Wayne

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Look at it another way. We signed medel last time for significantly more cash even back then. We went down. He went off.

Bryson we know will run all day. He is effective at what he does and has international experience. He hasn’t cost much we need players in his position and if we DO go down he will stay and we will not be weakened or rebuilding. If we stay up and consolidate then we can strengthen the squad again and build. Decent signing for me especially if Gunnar is off.

Re: Cardiff City have £1.75m Bid Accepted!

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:05 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:Wow... Really thought we would get better... He barley made our championship midfield.

And 1.75m? Would rather have kept Halford!
1.75m could get a you gear hungrier player with potential and resale.

Baffled

I’m baffled with your spelling.

Sorry, will try harder.

Name me one player you could sign for less than 2M who fits that description?

John Mcginn at Hibs for a start!

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:06 pm

Would definitely prefer him to Gunnarsson.

Not a huge fee so I think this would be a good move.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:12 pm

What a total waste of resources. Made no real impact to our team at Championship level going to be found out at Premiership.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:29 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:Wow... Really thought we would get better... He barley made our championship midfield.

And 1.75m? Would rather have kept Halford!
1.75m could get a you gear hungrier player with potential and resale.

Baffled

I’m baffled with your spelling.

Sorry, will try harder.

Name me one player you could sign for less than 2M who fits that description?

John Mcginn at Hibs for a start!

:lol: :lol:

OK maybe he's out of our reach, as celtic look like getting him. But still a great player, 23 and under 2m

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:44 pm

disappointed......big booboo by warnock...couldn t get in Derby midfield... poor signing...

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Bryson is a very hard-working player, but definitely not Premiership quality. Misses chances and often gets beaten by pacier players. We really need players who can dominate like Whitts at his best.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:49 pm

Welcome back CB!

Bring on the new season.

We are Premier League..........no 1 team in Wales

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:20 pm

We've already got enough average players.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Wasn’t a guaranteed starter for us last season. Derby fans will tell you he’s had his best years. 1 year left on his contract.
I like Bryson, but I don’t think he will cut it in the PL.
Very concerned about our potential CM for next season but until the window is closed a lot can happen. Not an area on the pitch to shop in the bargain basement.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:37 pm

davids wrote:Reminded me a lot of Don Cowie -great energy, chases everything, good at closing down the opposition and always gives 100%.

I'm sure it's those qualities that appeal to Warnock but I really hope that this signing is mainly as a squad player because I honestly think that if we are going to be playing Bryson as a midfield starter we are going to struggle big time next season.

That's right and we really did well in the Premier with him didn't we?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:48 pm

If this story is true I have no doubt in my mind that Warnock has disappointed a lot of fans who were hugely encouraged after Warnock made those 4 other signings,I feel our manager has to show those fans that he is capable of bringing in quality players preferably with Premiership experience on loan if need be

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:52 pm

norms76 wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:Norms you say useful squad player but we only have 25 slots. I like Bryson’s work ethic, his energy and his personality fits the team, I guess I truthfully had hoped that Warnock would have improved the middle of the park this summer.

Warnock obviously likes him, I liked him last season and he’s a useful squad player. I expect Warnock will get more midfield cover. When we announced our retain list, along with our new signings and the likes of Bogle,Harris, Pilks, Camp,O’Keefe and Tomlin etc we were at 27. I expect most of, if not all of them to go so we’ll have 5/6 spaces to fill.

With you on this, Norms76 :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:42 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:If this story is true I have no doubt in my mind that Warnock has disappointed a lot of fans who were hugely encouraged after Warnock made those 4 other signings,I feel our manager has to show those fans that he is capable of bringing in quality players preferably with Premiership experience on loan if need be

Just do one Roathy and get some help, please, for your sake.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:26 am

kimble wrote:disappointed......big booboo by warnock...couldn t get in Derby midfield... poor signing...

But didn't he play in midfield for the team that finished second in the championship last year? Above Derby?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:04 am

kimble wrote:disappointed......big booboo by warnock...couldn t get in Derby midfield... poor signing...

Come of it the Derby fans were well pissed that he went on loan. They were annoyed their manager didn't play a style around Bryson's strengths

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:08 am

At £1.75m he has clearly been brought in as a squad player ffs

We can’t sign all big marquee signings, we need squad players, players that help galvanise team spirit, ones that put a shift in, not just on game day but also on the training ground, the ones that push the so called starting 11 to ensure they are at their best.

This is a guy that came in after the team had gone through a bad December and I’m sure helped out the squad in the above areas, Warnock obviously has seen something in him and understands that with a preseason this time around can get from him what he requires.

Bryson will have a job to do and I’m confident he will do it under Warnock, it doesn’t mean he is going to play every game maybe but equally it’s not his fault that we haven’t got the resources to sign better.

So I for one say welcome back CB and hope your proud of wearing the bluebird again like you were last season, I certainly won’t be saying what a disappointing signing he is.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:28 am

Wayne S wrote:

Come of it the Derby fans were well pissed that he went on loan. They were annoyed their manager didn't play a style around Bryson's strengths

That’s a bit of a generalisation. Many felt he wasn’t having the same impact as previous seasons since he had come back from an injury. He’s well loved by derby fans because of his 100% style and his exploits against forest but taking the emotion out of it a lot felt his best was behind him.
Happy to trust NW but do hope there’s more quality signings to come in what is the most crucial area on the pitch :bluebird:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:32 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Just spoke to some Derby fans I met in the Euros and they are not happy at all. Even though he's 31 they think it's robbery.

I'm happy with this as I'd prefer Bryson to Gunnars.

Agreed, when needed he doesn't let us down, and has been underrated by a lot of our fans this season, as he played his part in getting us up.

As people have said he probably won't be first choice, and I would imagine we still sign some more Central Midfield players to compliment Ralls !!

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:58 am

Gives everything fitness wise but quality on the ball for the prem NO.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:19 am

Wayne S wrote:

Wayne, what some on here fail to grasp is that players have to 'fit' in to any given manager's playing style! :thumbright:

Craig Bryson was never slated as a player at Derby (as you state, their supporters were not happy to see him go) it was simply a case of the manager deciding he wanted to play a certain formation. Neil Warnock saw things differently

We got Bryson, they got Ledley...and look who's laughing now! :ayatollah: :clap: :lol: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:30 am

As I said before I think Warnock will use him like he used Greg Halford.Can't think of a better guy to bring on with 25mins to go if you want to protect a slender lead or a point away from home.We are all aware of where we need to strengthen,none more so than the manager but we can't expect every signing to be a 20 something year old for £10m.Its also worth pointing out when we got him last season he was yet another player coming back from a long term injury so in my book if he's still got his legs we may see an even better player next season.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:48 am

'keano' reporting it's a no-go situation...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=197994

Quote (keano): "Off it’s a load of nonsense apparently warnock wants to spend is money on quality"

Reckon he could be an undercover WoL reporter looking at that well written report! ;) :laughing6:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:52 am

BBC Derby are reporting that we haven't agreed a fee

Re: Updated: Cardiff City have £1.75m Bid Accepted!/Deal of

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:06 am

Industrious Warnock rates him good value injury concern bedded in Willie Carlin Derby years ago did a job for Clough in 1st Div 1969 - worth a punt - trust boss

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:13 am

realblue82 wrote:What a total waste of resources. Made no real impact to our team at Championship level going to be found out at Premiership.

Perhaps you need to watch last seasons highlights.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:25 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
realblue82 wrote:What a total waste of resources. Made no real impact to our team at Championship level going to be found out at Premiership.

Perhaps you need to watch last seasons highlights.

Some people dont understand him as a player. Lots of players do his role and go unnoticed.