Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City have £1.75m Bid Accepted!

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:44 pm

Total waste of money. Our midfield is shocking for the premier league.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:46 pm

1.75 million is peanuts in this division what are you all talking about we have no central midfield never mind any backup.

As usual people throwing a fit because we aren’t signing 35 million pound players.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Dahboy wrote:Total waste of money. Our midfield is shocking for the premier league.

I see sweetness and light has given his opinion. :lol:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Dahboy wrote:Total waste of money. Our midfield is shocking for the premier league.

I guess that's it then......no point in using our ST's to watch any matches as we're all doomed.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:51 pm

Demour is better :banghead:
Last edited by Dahboy on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:51 pm

Prey who shall we buy? De brauna/ pogba maybe? Can only buy what's available at the price we can afford ! And its not end of window yet but ffs your pessimism is unbelievable when it comes to city :roll: :dontknow: :nike:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:55 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Wow... Really thought we would get better... He barley made our championship midfield.

And 1.75m? Would rather have kept Halford!
1.75m could get a you gear hungrier player with potential and resale.

Baffled

I’m baffled with your spelling.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:56 pm

Cardiff City have agreed a fee with Derby County for midfielder Craig Bryson

Sky Sports

The 31-year-old Scottish midfielder has reportedly been subject of a £1.75m bid.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:59 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:Wow... Really thought we would get better... He barley made our championship midfield.

Baffled

Sorry, will try harder.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:01 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Baffled

Sorry, will try harder.

Name me one player you could sign for less than 2M who fits that description?

Re: Updated: ' Cardiff City have £1.75m Bid Accepted! '

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:07 pm

A 31year Old who Derby didn’t want in their Championship Team and-runs around like a Headless Chicken for £1.75m, what a waste of money?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:10 pm

not impressed

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:15 pm

I am happy to give him a chance helped us win promotion and could prove to be a good squad player, but I still think we need a couple more quality midfielders in my opinion

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:18 pm

Not surprised by this signing. Will be useful as a squad player, already familiar with our style of playing and is liked by Warnock.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:19 pm

Going to have his uses for sure, but the main midfield signing is still to come. Kinda think we need two though

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:23 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Going to have his uses for sure, but the main midfield signing is still to come. Kinda think we need two though

Exactly. We’ll be getting rid of 5/6 players so we need backup. We’ll get more quality in midfield, I have no doubt.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:23 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Going to have his uses for sure, but the main midfield signing is still to come. Kinda think we need two though

not sure how you fit all these players into the limited prem league squad tbh...

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:27 pm

dogfound wrote:

not sure how you fit all these players into the limited prem league squad tbh...

By letting the dead wood go :thumbright:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:27 pm

dogfound wrote:

Like I just said to Paul mate, I can name as could you, 5/6 players that’ll be gone. We only had 27 first team players including the 4 new signings in our retained list, take away those 5/6 and we’ll still have a few spaces to fill.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:28 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:If true this smacks of Warnock desperation,what part of quality midfielder does our manager not understand, I just hope this is nothing more than a stop gap and Warnock gets his finger out and sign some desperately needed quality for our midfield

Love an over reaction you. He's obviously signed as a squad player/cover.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:28 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:So as it stands our centre midfielders

Ralls
Damour
Patterson
Bryson if we sign him

Is that everyone?

That looks very very weak to me if we didn’t sign anymore

Add Tomlin to that. And probably Grujic. And move Bamba in front of the defence into midfield. It’s gett better

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:29 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:So as it stands our centre midfielders

Ralls
Damour
Patterson
Bryson if we sign him

Is that everyone?

That looks very very weak to me if we didn’t sign anymore

Add Tomlin to that. And probably Grujic. And move Bamba in front of the defence into midfield. It’s gett better

Move bamba into midfield and it gets worse :lol:

Let’s keep him as a defender

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:30 pm

Nemo wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:If true this smacks of Warnock desperation,what part of quality midfielder does our manager not understand, I just hope this is nothing more than a stop gap and Warnock gets his finger out and sign some desperately needed quality for our midfield

Couldn't agree more. Bryson would make a great marathon runner but is nowhere near Premier League standard as a footballer based on what we saw last year.

I guess it's not easy working with a small budget. I doubt if there is much more money available to buy players. Probably going to have to rely on a couple of decent loan signings.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Nemo wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Bryson would make a great marathon runner but is nowhere near Premier League standard as a footballer based on what we saw last year.

I guess it's not easy working with a small budget. I doubt if there is much more money available to buy players. Probably going to have to rely on a couple of decent loan signings.

Yeah. Imagine he signs two who are rumoured like arslan and grujic, overall that would be decent business for us I think

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:31 pm

I get the impression there are still many fans around that are expecting us to pay 5 to 8 million for squad players and 15 to 20 million on first team players.

I thought we were learning from last time but it seems the starry lights of the Premier League are blinding a few and they are expecting spending of a level of teams that have been in the Prem for 3 or more years.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:32 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Nemo wrote:

I’m convinced he’s got money left for one very decent midfielder, then I’m with you, we’ll have a couple of loans in.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:41 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:I hoped that this forum had gotten rid of obnoxious little twerps like you but it seems not

You've only been here a month you clown........that's a lot of hope.

Silly boy

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:42 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Baffled

Sorry, will try harder.

Name me one player you could sign for less than 2M who fits that description?

John Mcginn at Hibs for a start!

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:47 pm

I really worry if Gunnarsson signs a contract if Bryson is on his way back, a overloaded midfield with just pure workhouses and no quality in the technical department.. we really do need someone like Grujic here otherwise we will struggle hugely.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Reminded me a lot of Don Cowie -great energy, chases everything, good at closing down the opposition and always gives 100%.

I'm sure it's those qualities that appeal to Warnock but I really hope that this signing is mainly as a squad player because I honestly think that if we are going to be playing Bryson as a midfield starter we are going to struggle big time next season.