Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where will bobby reid play?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:12 pm

9 million up front plus another million if we stay up is a substantial fee to pay, fair in the current market for a young english prospect proven championship goalscorer. But with this fee i assume he will be a regular starter? But where do you think neil will fit him in and play him in our formation and side, i think he will be most effective paying as a second striker attacking midfielder behind a big man up top, but then that only gives us the 2 centre midfielders rather than the 3 we used last season? Opinions?

Re: Where will bobby reid play?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:13 pm

A no 10 roll

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:A no 10 roll

Hope so, can see him doing well there for us. Same rile paterson was playing last season for us then i expect?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:30 pm

+1 for the No 10 role, tucked in behind Kenny. He runs all day. Possibly on the wing or as a no 9 too depending on injuries/tactics. I’m sure NW in an interview said bought him as an attacking midfielder. Good signing. Good competition for Pato. Can see Pato moving to right wingback.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:50 am

Just off Zohore with Hoilett and Murphy out wide IMO.

Imagine having those 3 running at you for 70 minutes and then a fresh NML comes on... The full backs at the lesser clubs will be cacking their pants. :laughing5:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:54 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Just off Zohore with Hoilett and Murphy out wide IMO.

Imagine having those 3 running at you for 70 minutes and then a fresh NML comes on... The full backs at the lesser clubs will be cacking their pants. :laughing5:

NML needs to develop a lot more awareness on the pitch as the bull in a china shop method wont work here, im hopeful though, been a few mentions of him really going to work this summer in preparation and hes a unit! needs to use that this season

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:42 am

paulh_85 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Just off Zohore with Hoilett and Murphy out wide IMO.

NML needs to develop a lot more awareness on the pitch as the bull in a china shop method wont work here, im hopeful though, been a few mentions of him really going to work this summer in preparation and hes a unit! needs to use that this season

That's why I've got him down as an impact player Paul.
Hopefully with another pre season under Warnock he will improve :thumbright:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:49 am

Every other week would be safe to say in Cardiff

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:57 am

No.10, and then if a change of tactics is needed (more height).. Get Paterson on.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:A no 10 roll

highly unlikely these days after the horse meat scandal. a no10 role, on purely footballing basis the way to go imo :banghead: :)

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:55 pm

Remember I told you this lads first... NML Will Tare the prem To pieces and be a big money mover away from
Our club next Summer.. the prem is made for him and me for one is very excited at the prospect of Reid Murphy hoilet NML And Zohore in the prem BRING IT ON :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:34 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:Remember I told you this lads first... NML Will Tare the prem To pieces and be a big money mover away from
Our club next Summer.. the prem is made for him and me for one is very excited at the prospect of Reid Murphy hoilet NML And Zohore in the prem BRING IT ON :ayatollah:

Who told you this. Dont pretend to be ITK like the rest

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:45 pm

NML can also play as a 9 , hes big and strong enough to do that job.
So he could cover the front 3 .

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:30 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
GummiTheBluebird wrote:Remember I told you this lads first... NML Will Tare the prem To pieces and be a big money mover away from

Who told you this. Dont pretend to be ITK like the rest

Never proclaimed to be ITK just my opinion on the matter