Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WalesOnline reporters for City?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:00 pm

Honestly can't believe how embarrassing and inept these guys are e.g Dom Booth and Paul Abbandonato..

Constantly get things wrong and wrong again, was away and just reading the whole thing with Smithies and Reid before they come and they constantly delete tweets and bits they put on WalesOnline quashing rumours that have substance because other reporters from around the country get ITK stuff with City and they can't get their first.

They are paid to try and get good information and bad on City but constantly get wound up when they don't get the first bit of info on us.

Can't remember the last time we had a decent reporter with WalesOnline/City.

Re: WalesOnline reporters for City?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:21 pm

They should give Jamie Kimble a gig there. The stuff he writes isn’t exactly “polished” but you can tell he’s “one of us” more than half the idiots who currently cover us

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:10 pm

paulh_85 wrote:They should give Jamie Kimble a gig there. The stuff he writes isn’t exactly “polished” but you can tell he’s “one of us” more than half the idiots who currently cover us

Spot on, a lot of the guys at Insideccfc are genuine as well.

That Dom Booth deleted tweets regards to Murphy, Smithies and Reid saying there was nothing in them rumours when they first came to light, the guy is a melt of bloke.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Wathan is the worst bein a jack he writes so much negative rubbish on us you may aswell have Leighton James writing articles on us.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:13 pm

GRCCFC wrote:Wathan is the worst bein a jack he writes so much negative rubbish on us you may aswell have Leighton James writing articles on us.

Don't go there mate, had a few spats with him on twitter reckons he has no ties to Swansea, absolute b*llock.. he always had something bad to say about City.. could beat Man City 5-0 at their ground and he would still manage to fit in something rubbish about us and something good about City..

Dominic Booth is slowly pushing himself up there as the worst.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:03 am

GRCCFC wrote:Wathan is the worst bein a jack he writes so much negative rubbish on us you may aswell have Leighton James writing articles on us.

He's now with the BBC

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:41 am

Walesonline are shocking, they basically come on here and probably the other board and then do an article on whats being said.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:42 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Honestly can't believe how embarrassing and inept these guys are e.g Dom Booth and Paul Abbandonato..

Constantly get things wrong and wrong again, was away and just reading the whole thing with Smithies and Reid before they come and they constantly delete tweets and bits they put on WalesOnline quashing rumours that have substance because other reporters from around the country get ITK stuff with City and they can't get their first.

They are paid to try and get good information and bad on City but constantly get wound up when they don't get the first bit of info on us.

Peter Jackson was a good CCFC writer for the Echo in my day #showingmyage :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:12 pm

arabellaman wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Honestly can't believe how embarrassing and inept these guys are e.g Dom Booth and Paul Abbandonato..

Peter Jackson was a good CCFC writer for the Echo in my day #showingmyage :ayatollah:

To be fair, Peter Jackson had a bit of an advantage compared to the above mentioned names. Firstly, he had a brain, and he was also prepared to work for his information. I suppose you could say he was a proper journalist.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:21 pm

You guys should check out viewfromtheninian.com - we're all Cardiff fans & writers looking to offer a fans-eye view and look to provide quality writing and a different perspective. What we won’t do is spam you to death with clickbait. So no more tweets ordering you to ‘click here to find out what X said about Y’ with predictably underwhelming results. We don’t like it and we know you don’t either.

We've already had brilliant interviews with King Kav: http://www.viewfromtheninian.com/2018/0 ... ity-reign/

We've also gone and given Kev his own fortnightly column: http://www.viewfromtheninian.com/2018/0 ... vs-corner/

Please do check us out! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:24 pm

ccfcscott wrote:You guys should check out viewfromtheninian.com - we're all Cardiff fans & writers looking to offer a fans-eye view and look to provide quality writing and a different perspective. What we won’t do is spam you to death with clickbait. So no more tweets ordering you to ‘click here to find out what X said about Y’ with predictably underwhelming results. We don’t like it and we know you don’t either.

We've already had brilliant interviews with King Kav: http://www.viewfromtheninian.com/2018/0 ... ity-reign/

We've also gone and given Kev his own fortnightly column: http://www.viewfromtheninian.com/2018/0 ... vs-corner/

i enjoyed the kav one.

if your going to advertise your site on here though i wouldnt criticize click bait.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:31 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
ccfcscott wrote:You guys should check out viewfromtheninian.com - we're all Cardiff fans & writers looking to offer a fans-eye view and look to provide quality writing and a different perspective. What we won’t do is spam you to death with clickbait. So no more tweets ordering you to ‘click here to find out what X said about Y’ with predictably underwhelming results. We don’t like it and we know you don’t either.

i enjoyed the kav one.

if your going to advertise your site on here though i wouldnt criticize click bait.

Glad you enjoyed the Kav one. We've got Leo and Gabbs this week.

I'll make no secret that I'm not a fan of clickbait, but it's different when it comes from paid journalists of Wales' biggest media outlet.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:18 pm

They are all bad on wales online, but Abbandonato is the worst of the lot.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Once again they done it with Deeney, time will tell.

Embarrassing yet again that other sources grip the news first, shows how poor they are.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
arabellaman wrote:

To be fair, Peter Jackson had a bit of an advantage compared to the above mentioned names. Firstly, he had a brain, and he was also prepared to work for his information. I suppose you could say he was a proper journalist.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:08 pm

I miss Tucker :-D

Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:36 am

bring back steve tucker and nathan blake in blakey bootroom, an actual video of them talking not just a podcast

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:31 am

Everyone to there own but I don't have much of a problem with the articles @ WOL. Also if they are that bad why do they make up the majority of sticky posts and attract so many views on this MB?

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:17 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Everyone to there own but I don't have much of a problem with the articles @ WOL. Also if they are that bad why do they make up the majority of sticky posts and attract so many views on this MB?

bots :laughing6: