Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

centre midfield

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:01 pm

last season we did well in the championship with poor possessi//we needed to quality midfielderson stats

Now we are in the Premiership that won t work

We needed quality... last season we had Ralls Paterson Grujic. Gunnarsson Darmour Bryson ..Halford

This season Ralls Paterson..Grujic.? Darmour, Bryson ...if we get Grujic and Gunnarsson back we are no better off..

We need Quality better than Bryson and Gunnarsson to survive and if we sign Bryson.. that signal s
weakness for me ...I think we needed 2 quality midfielders at the least...it does not bode well

VERY DISAPPOINTED..if this happens

Re: centre midfield

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:12 pm

kimble wrote:last season we did well in the championship with poor possessi//we needed to quality midfielderson stats

We needed quality... last season we had Ralls Paterson Grujic. Gunnarsson Darmour Bryson ..Halford

This season Ralls Paterson..Grujic.? Darmour, Bryson ...if we get Grujic and Gunnarsson back we are no better off..

We need Quality better than Bryson and Gunnarsson to survive and if we sign Bryson.. that signal s
weakness for me ...I think we needed 2 quality midfielders at the least...it does not bode well

Sort with you on this only in regards that Bryson does officially sign and Gunnarsson signs a new deal.. I love people who are 110% but we really lack pure quality and technical players in the middle and if people genuinely believe we can stay up with the current central midfield players we have then you got your head in the sand.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:39 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
kimble wrote:last season we did well in the championship with poor possessi//we needed to quality midfielderson stats

Sort with you on this only in regards that Bryson does officially sign and Gunnarsson signs a new deal.. I love people who are 110% but we really lack pure quality and technical players in the middle and if people genuinely believe we can stay up with the current central midfield players we have then you got your head in the sand.

Absolutely right

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:57 am

Agreed we need an upgrade in that area of the pitch , personally I think we may need to keep the ball longer and thought we would have tried for Joe Allen or Ryan Woods ?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:57 am

Agreed we need an upgrade in that area of the pitch , personally I think we may need to keep the ball longer and thought we would have tried for Joe Allen or Ryan Woods ?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:58 am

Phil, I feel we need an upgrade in that area of the pitch , personally I think we may need to keep the ball longer and thought we would have tried for Joe Allen or Ryan Woods ?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:32 am

If you give the ball away in the prem you get punished. Teams don't f**k around. We definitely need some more quality in the middle.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:57 am

We have Ralls who is one of the most under rated players outside the top 6, the guy oozes class and makes us tick.alongside he we will have lots of players with an engine and that’s what we need - of course we need a player who should ralls get injured can come in and offer the same sort of style....it’s still early
Doors yet with lots more transfer in and out I’d imagine. Let’s wait until NW says all his signings are complete and then look at the squad.

We’re odds on to go straight back down, let’s enjoy the ride, see what happens and most of all be there every step of the way for the lads and Warnock

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:15 am

Totally agree. We need two top quality players in midfield. Bryson and Grujic actually struggled to get into our team end of last season. I'd be happy with the likes of Woods plus someone like Allen with class and experience.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:43 pm

Been saying this for ages, we are so far behind what we had last season and we need to improve on what we had last season.

We need at least 2 quality CM to play alongside Ralls but still plenty of time left.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:51 pm

we need 1 big money fella like 10-15 million and then someone like grujic on loan

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:53 pm

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:we need 1 big money fella like 10-15 million and then someone like grujic on loan

Or two loans with a buy out clause....

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:47 pm

Arslan&ralls with grujic.what a line up that would be???

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:05 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Arslan&ralls with grujic.what a line up that would be???

Agree

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:58 pm

People will come on here and say this and that about the budget etc with the whole Bryson thing but Leicester picked up Kante for 5 million and Brighton picked up Pascal Gross for 3 million, I think if Warnock doesn't venture in the European leagues we will struggle big time.. too many players close to home we been linked with.