WARNOCK - When would you snap?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WARNOCK - When would you snap?

Postby Carlossus » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its all depends im not one of these fans who says he has to stay at all costs and I do have concerns about him managing in the premiership but I think he needs a good shot at it. I like the way he has been building the squad with keys positions and spending the big transfers on young hungry players, while I can see we are heading in the right direction then he gets my full support. But I won’t pretend he gets my support no matter what, that doesn’t mean I jump on his back after a few losses but if it seems he is making the same mistake over and over and its costing us then I will raise questions.

For example my breaking point for Malky was Aston Villa away, it became as if we weren’t even trying to win games or even get a shot on target. Going up this time though and the transfers we are making and I hope continue to make put us on a good footing.

What a well balanced view, I dont think I could have put it better myself. I was at that villa game and you are spot on also away to palace that year we were abysmal. Having said that I dont think any of Warnocks teams will lack effort and that will be good enough for me. One exception last season was Preston away, I think I can forgive one game.
Carlossus

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:43 pm

fred keenor wrote:He stays until he decides its time to go.
No better manager out there I would want and the johnny come latelys need to shut up.
What he has achieved is unbelievable.
Remember the debacle around Olly and his signings.
Took us 4 years to unravel and we are still paying the price.
NW knows what he is doing.

Coulnt agree more
CF23 Bluebird

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:54 pm

All depends for me, if he loses the dressing room then he has to go and that will be for all to see if it does go that way.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:57 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:All depends for me, if he loses the dressing room then he has to go and that will be for all to see if it does go that way.

Don't worry. If he loses the dressing room he will walk. He seems that kinda guy.
Wayne S

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Wayne S wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:All depends for me, if he loses the dressing room then he has to go and that will be for all to see if it does go that way.

Don't worry. If he loses the dressing room he will walk. He seems that kinda guy.

Yeah I get you on that but do people still wanna see him given a full season if he loses the dressing room?
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:20 pm

now there is an over used phrase if ever there was one.
dogfound

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:28 pm

I’m behind NW until he decides that’s it. He’s a legend, the best manager for this club at present and has done everything to bring the club up from its knees. He’s sewn the seeds for a bright future. Hey, I’d be sad if we get stuffed week in week out, and get relegated, but We’re in such a better place than pre Warnock. If we stay up, on our wage budget and transfer kitty, warnock will be mgr of the season. He’s a good fella, i’ll never call for him to leave out of respect for what he’s done for us. We might even surprise a few next season, this team is full of pace!
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:31 pm

If we sacked Warnock half way through the season there would still
Be a big possibility we’d get relegated and we’d be back in the championship anyway and the One manager you would want to get you promoted again is Warnock I’d give him all of next season he deserves it
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:39 pm

dogfound wrote:

It is quite cliche to say what I said but I don't see why people can sit there and say yeah give him the full season.

I will back him all the way but if there is a time where us fans and everyone else can see a disconnection between Warnock and the team then you know that it is time.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:58 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It is quite cliche to say what I said but I don't see why people can sit there and say yeah give him the full season.

I will back him all the way but if there is a time where us fans and everyone else can see a disconnection between Warnock and the team then you know that it is time.

well...he arrived with us in the relegation places { might not have gone down but it certainly wasnt out of the question } , galvanised not only the squad but the whole club and managed to get us up to 12th with 62points { only been bettered once from a 8pts from 11 game start }
. we were unfancied for promotion last season , the bookies had between 12 and 15 clubs more likely to go up than ourselves and the pundits/experts agreed..even on the run in the majority were saying we wouldnt even be going up through the play offs.....so to start with we are where we should have no right to be..?
and now to top that nobody thinks we will stay up { im not including our fans as i for one think we will } .
so promoted without having one of the better championship squads on paper we have probably the smallest budget.. are not only red hot favs to go down but red hot favs to finish bottom.
i think most of our fans see the above for what it is and should we be bottom or bottom 3 there are not going to be neutral observers saying we are under achieving or thinking Warnock should go..
so why would a club expected to finish bottom of the pile sack their manager..?
or the fans of that club want a manager that has over achieved for 2 seasons sacked because he is not over achieving the 3rd year . i dont see how we can under achieve this season unless its in the eyes of someone whose expectations were too high to start with......
the whole losing the dressing room thing happens to about half a dozen clubs each year.it comes about with bad results and in every dressing room at every club ever there will be a few who think they know better....id like to see us buck the trend,keep the manager and allow him to get shot of the know betters........
dogfound

Postby Dave67 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:47 am

dogfound wrote:well...he arrived with us in the relegation places { might not have gone down but it certainly wasnt out of the question } , galvanised not only the squad but the whole club and managed to get us up to 12th with 62points { only been bettered once from a 8pts from 11 game start }
. we were unfancied for promotion last season , the bookies had between 12 and 15 clubs more likely to go up than ourselves and the pundits/experts agreed..even on the run in the majority were saying we wouldnt even be going up through the play offs.....so to start with we are where we should have no right to be..?
and now to top that nobody thinks we will stay up { im not including our fans as i for one think we will } .
so promoted without having one of the better championship squads on paper we have probably the smallest budget.. are not only red hot favs to go down but red hot favs to finish bottom.
i think most of our fans see the above for what it is and should we be bottom or bottom 3 there are not going to be neutral observers saying we are under achieving or thinking Warnock should go..
or the fans of that club want a manager that has over achieved for 2 seasons sacked because he is not over achieving the 3rd year . i dont see how we can under achieve this season unless its in the eyes of someone whose expectations were too high to start with......
the whole losing the dressing room thing happens to about half a dozen clubs each year.it comes about with bad results and in every dressing room at every club ever there will be a few who think they know better....id like to see us buck the trend,keep the manager and allow him to get shot of the know betters........

Not often I agree with you, but this is well thought out and well argued. 100% agree.
Dave67

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:49 am

Dave67 wrote:
dogfound wrote:well...he arrived with us in the relegation places { might not have gone down but it certainly wasnt out of the question } , galvanised not only the squad but the whole club and managed to get us up to 12th with 62points { only been bettered once from a 8pts from 11 game start }

Not often I agree with you, but this is well thought out and well argued. 100% agree.

Me too. Whoever you are, there is only so much you can do with a very small budget.
Steve Zodiak

Postby rossblue » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:56 am

Why are we pre expecting to struggle.? Shall we just cross this bridge if it ever even comes.
rossblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Dave67 wrote:

Me too. Whoever you are, there is only so much you can do with a very small budget.

I think the key is making the most of what you have and as long as he is doing that then you cant fault him.
2blue2handle

Postby DandoCCFC » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:40 pm

I haven't once denied the job he has done but more of the fact that there's always a possibility that we may have to snap, I just don't think we should get ahead of our self and rule this out.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby dogfound » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:54 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I haven't once denied the job he has done but more of the fact that there's always a possibility that we may have to snap, I just don't think we should get ahead of our self and rule this out.

its going to be much tougher for our manager ill give you that..
what he has done is get a whole squad of players to buy into a system thats probably alien to them..midfielders that arnt looking for spaces to recieve passes as its going over them. forwards chasing balls that have been aimed into areas as opposed to in the path of their runs.defenders whose options are 1 back to Etheridge..or 2 into row z ,no square balls when under pressure.and a GK whose 1 option is to launch it..this aint what they were taught or played in any academy or at other clubs..
its worked, will it work next year ? dont know, but i think what we do know is that to transform our tactics and squad woiuld cost more than we have...
Warnock could have retired instead he is taking on a task most would deem impossible ..
personally i think we will shock a few teams and be ok but if not id like to think ill be accepting how tough an ask it was and not looking to blame the manager.
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat