Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WARNOCK - When would you snap?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:35 pm

It’s no secret that I am a fan of Neil Warnock. I’d go as far to say he should be made a Freeman of our great City, but I understand that is not every fan’s view.

The Championship architect took us from relegation fodder to Premier League performers within 18 months or so. That is no mean feat by anybody’s standards. But now we look forward as we gaze at the promised land.

I suspect it’s going to be a tough season ahead. The expected wins of the Championship will turn into prayers for a draw in the PL. The tough games, where a draw in the Championship would have been welcomed, will turn into “I’ll be happy if we only lose by two”.

All that said, I have faith in this Manager and I have faith in his decisions, whether it be buying or selling. This man turns copper into iron, sand into glass and graphite into diamonds. His superb man management skills are undeniable.

So I ask the question. What would be your breaking point?

Personally I would have Warnock here all year, even if we didn’t gain a point, and go again next year. He talks about the Burnley model, but regaining promotion is not a given. However, is there a better Manager to get out of the Championship than Warnock?

I’ve given you the bleakest view. Personally I think Neil has enough about him to keep us up comfortably, but if it started going south………

When would you snap?

Re: WARNOCK - When would you snap?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:24 am

Some people’s breaking point was last night :lol:

It all depends really, I mean if we are losing ever match 3/4-0 then something has to change

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:13 am

When we were promoted the general consensus was a rather common sense.... he stays even if we go down and we start again.

Little did I know that many fans have short memories and now think we are a big spending, long term, Premier league team.

I still say he stays through two more seasons at least, if he wants to, but I think we will see the first calls for his head when the 25 man squad is confirmed. :lol:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:29 am

I would give him two more seasons at least, I can't think of a better-suited Manager for Cardiff City !!!

We need to hold our nerve and see what he can do given time, after the last boom and almost bust promotion, the Burnley type strategy seems perfect for us !!!

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:03 am

Ive been watching football too long
Fans and media like sheep when it comes to
Calling for the sack.
Ive seen too many sacking clubs go down and drift.

I wouldnt snap on Neil our best manager. We may or may not
Go down and wont have it easy.

We have smallest budget in the division.
We neeed strength of team and fans as 1
A real 12th man.
I hope us fans keep loud and support every game
Just like huddersfield.
But sadly, from experience, our stadium will groan and grumble both die hards and glory fan in a moaning unison

Hope ee as gans really pull together this time
Through thin as well as thick

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:04 am

He should have signed at least 50 big name players by now. If we are not three up by half time in our opening game, I think he would have to go.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:01 am

It won’t take much believe me.
As someone said, yesterday was enough for some, and it looks like he only signed a squad player lol.
If we lose to Bournemouth then thrashed by Newcastle at home then 99.9 will be calling for his head or seriously doubting his ability to manage at the top level :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:28 am

Wayne S wrote:When we were promoted the general consensus was a rather common sense.... he stays even if we go down and we start again.

Little did I know that many fans have short memories and now think we are a big spending, long term, Premier league team.

I still say he stays through two more seasons at least, if he wants to, but I think we will see the first calls for his head when the 25 man squad is confirmed. :lol:

Goldfish and bowls spring to mind Wayne! ;) :laughing6:

I'll give Dahboy some (sarcastic) credit here though; consistently doom and gloom no matter what the occasion! :clap:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:36 am

The answer to this must be he deserves as least as much time and respect as Malky had.And what I really mean by that is he deserves twice the time as he and his staff are much better than Malky and his lot.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:01 am

He stays until he decides its time to go.
No better manager out there I would want and the johnny come latelys need to shut up.
What he has achieved is unbelievable.
Remember the debacle around Olly and his signings.
Took us 4 years to unravel and we are still paying the price.
NW knows what he is doing.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:15 am

Bay Blue wrote:It won’t take much believe me.
As someone said, yesterday was enough for some, and it looks like he only signed a squad player lol.
If we lose to Bournemouth then thrashed by Newcastle at home then 99.9 will be calling for his head or seriously doubting his ability to manage at the top level :ayatollah:

No way will it be 99.9%. No way at all.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:27 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:He should have signed at least 50 big name players by now. If we are not three up by half time in our opening game, I think he would have to go.

Steve you're finally talking sense

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:29 am

paulh_85 wrote:Some people’s breaking point was last night :lol:

It all depends really, I mean if we are losing ever match 3/4-0 then something has to change

Yesterday was a low point: I hope he can pull a few rabbits out of the hat

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:31 am

What ever happens for the whole of this season, I will be fully behind Neil Warnock :thumbright: :bluebird:

Warnock took us up, so he deserves the full season and rem Warnock has one of the smallest budgets in the Premier League.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:What ever happens for the whole of this season, I will be fully behind Neil Warnock :thumbright: :bluebird:

Warnock took us up, so he deserves the full season and rem Warnock has one of the smallest budgets in the Premier League.

Yes he deserves another crack at the Premier 100%, he and the team were outstanding last season.
It’s going to be a battle all season long that’s for sure with more downs than ups, and a lot of fans just can’t handle the disappointment week in week out, so will vent their frustrations at NW I’m sure.

If we can compete we’ll from 7 down in the premier and manage to finish 17 or above then that’s obviously a successful season and NW and the team have again been outstanding, on as you say one of the smallest budgets :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:05 am

Bay Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What ever happens for the whole of this season, I will be fully behind Neil Warnock :thumbright: :bluebird:

Yes he deserves another crack at the Premier 100%, he and the team were outstanding last season.
It’s going to be a battle all season long that’s for sure with more downs than ups, and a lot of fans just can’t handle the disappointment week in week out, so will vent their frustrations at NW I’m sure.

If we can compete we’ll from 7 down in the premier and manage to finish 17 or above then that’s obviously a successful season and NW and the team have again been outstanding, on as you say one of the smallest budgets :ayatollah:

Correct :thumbright: :bluebird:

Warnock will have achieved success then on the smallest budget in the Premier League :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:30 am

Trouble is we've been spoilt over the last 15 years or so, that fans are expecting success every season,apart from or last venture to the PL. I for one will back Neil Warnock all season regardless of the results. We could not afford to pay stupid wages to some big name manager, who would probably undo all the bonding work with fans and club that Neil Warnock has managed to do in 18 months :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:41 am

Vincent tan is expecting neil to do his magic in the prem on the lowest budget which is such a shame but i suppose once bitten twice shy, just thought we spent a lot on the winger from norwich murphy £11 mill when we have holliet and lang on both wings and are a bit shy in the centre of quality i know we have to have cover on both wings and i suppose neil sees grujic as our quality centre but as a few people have stated there's still a month of haggling yet and i do trust neil to get it right this time in the prem .

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:18 am

I don't see Mbappe, Neymar or Ronaldo on the verge of signing for us so I say Warnock has to go now, they are the 3 I targeted as summer transfers if we were to stand any chance of staying up.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:18 am

For me NW needs to be our Manager NEXT SEASON as well as this.

If we stay up he deserves another Premiership Season

If we go down (and I dont think we will) he is building a project here (like Huddersfield and Burnley) and deserves to finish that project.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:32 am

Its all depends im not one of these fans who says he has to stay at all costs and I do have concerns about him managing in the premiership but I think he needs a good shot at it. I like the way he has been building the squad with keys positions and spending the big transfers on young hungry players, while I can see we are heading in the right direction then he gets my full support. But I won’t pretend he gets my support no matter what, that doesn’t mean I jump on his back after a few losses but if it seems he is making the same mistake over and over and its costing us then I will raise questions.

For example my breaking point for Malky was Aston Villa away, it became as if we weren’t even trying to win games or even get a shot on target. Going up this time though and the transfers we are making and I hope continue to make put us on a good footing.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:36 am

TheHangedMan wrote:It’s no secret that I am a fan of Neil Warnock. I’d go as far to say he should be made a Freeman of our great City, but I understand that is not every fan’s view.

The Championship architect took us from relegation fodder to Premier League performers within 18 months or so. That is no mean feat by anybody’s standards. But now we look forward as we gaze at the promised land.

I suspect it’s going to be a tough season ahead. The expected wins of the Championship will turn into prayers for a draw in the PL. The tough games, where a draw in the Championship would have been welcomed, will turn into “I’ll be happy if we only lose by two”.

All that said, I have faith in this Manager and I have faith in his decisions, whether it be buying or selling. This man turns copper into iron, sand into glass and graphite into diamonds. His superb man management skills are undeniable.

So I ask the question. What would be your breaking point?

Personally I would have Warnock here all year, even if we didn’t gain a point, and go again next year. He talks about the Burnley model, but regaining promotion is not a given. However, is there a better Manager to get out of the Championship than Warnock?

I’ve given you the bleakest view. Personally I think Neil has enough about him to keep us up comfortably, but if it started going south………

When would you snap?

I won’t! Warnock for me all the way even if we go down. If he goes after that then so be it but he needs to be given the year! IMO

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:43 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:I don't see Mbappe, Neymar or Ronaldo on the verge of signing for us so I say Warnock has to go now, they are the 3 I targeted as summer transfers if we were to stand any chance of staying up.

I'd take Madine, Bryson and Halford ever time before those three journeymen.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:08 pm

If we lose al 38 he's the man for me.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Warnock stays end of. I don't care if we get beat. His teams will get beat by dying for the shirt and him. That's all I ever ask. We godown he takes us back up again for his final year before a long overdue retirement

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:12 pm

I wont snap at all , if we go down i'd do anything to still have him in charge !

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:39 pm

There's no reason why we won't stay up...if the Players put the work and effort into pre season to be the fittest in the League, then I don't see why we should stay up comfortably.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:25 pm

He HAS to be given 2 seasons no matter what. If we go down, he's the best person to get us back up.
If we stay up he might quit knowing he has nothing to prove.
Also Bellamy is waiting in the wings and could prove an ideal replacement.
We can't afford to piss about. Look how much of a disaster Malky's problems and Solskjaer's buying caused us.
Have a go, and keep some stability I say. :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:01 pm

As long as we're staying in every game and fighting for our lives I'd stay with him through relegation and hope he gets us back up again. Worked a dream for Burnley and would be worth a fortune to the club. Success shouldn't be looked at short term!

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:19 pm

City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Some people’s breaking point was last night :lol:

Yesterday was a low point: I hope he can pull a few rabbits out of the hat

Why what happened yesterday did we sign someone? :laughing6: