Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Warnock is still trying to complete two deals '

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:01 am

Cardiff are still pursuing deals for Marko Grujic and Aron Gunnarsson.

It is believed that Aron Gunnarson has been offered a new contract, but not an improved one.

Marko Grujic has been offered higher wages but his agent asking for more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Neil Warnock is still trying to complete two deals '

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:05 am

Grujic is a loan isnt he? then it would just be a case of agreeing to pay x amount of that with the club, wouldnt need to haggle with grujic?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:07 am

paulh_85 wrote:Grujic is a loan isnt he? then it would just be a case of agreeing to pay x amount of that with the club, wouldnt need to haggle with grujic?

Paulh, Warnock has tried to buy Grujic and loan him for another season.

I believe we are now trying to him.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Grujic is a loan isnt he? then it would just be a case of agreeing to pay x amount of that with the club, wouldnt need to haggle with grujic?

Paulh, Warnock has tried to buy Grujic and loan him for another season.

I believe we are now trying to him.

If we buy him we will make a lot of money on him I think.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:24 am

For Gunnarsson not to have signed yet he is clearly looking for something else so leave him sign elsewhere. I like Gunnarsson but he ended his contract with some of his worst performances, granted he’d just come back from injury, and in my opionio was rushed back because of his desire to play in a World Cup. But, if wanted to stay with the club he’d have signed by now. Time to move and sign a player who wants to be here.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:18 am

Mr Potato wrote:For Gunnarsson not to have signed yet he is clearly looking for something else so leave him sign elsewhere. I like Gunnarsson but he ended his contract with some of his worst performances, granted he’d just come back from injury, and in my opionio was rushed back because of his desire to play in a World Cup. But, if wanted to stay with the club he’d have signed by now. Time to move and sign a player who wants to be here.

Define wants to be here?

Gunnar has been away and quite rightly was concentrating on the World Cup. I for one hope he signs. Would cost quite a bit to replace him.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:34 am

I’d define it as someone who knew his contract was up and wanted to sign! How long does he need to scribble his name, I know it’s a long name but still Iceland are out of the World Cup so this could have been done. He did previously state he wasn’t sure and wanted a new challenge. Fair play to him he can have one, it’s time to move on and replace him.

I hoped he’d sign as I said I like the player, but, the club now needs to move on and draw a line under it.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:47 am

Mr Potato wrote:I’d define it as someone who knew his contract was up and wanted to sign! How long does he need to scribble his name, I know it’s a long name but still Iceland are out of the World Cup so this could have been done. He did previously state he wasn’t sure and wanted a new challenge. Fair play to him he can have one, it’s time to move on and replace him.

I hoped he’d sign as I said I like the player, but, the club now needs to move on and draw a line under it.

Gunner has obviously known for a long time his contract was up end of June

He was offered a new contract months ago which he has so far declined to sign

Everybody on this forum likes Gunner and there is no doubt he has been a great servant, but after nearly a decade of physically demanding championship and international football, I think it’s plain to see it’s taken it’s toll on his body and recent performances

Personally I think it’s time he moved on with our thanks

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:49 am

Has Warnock given up on signing a Premiership experienced striker?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:04 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:I’d define it as someone who knew his contract was up and wanted to sign! How long does he need to scribble his name, I know it’s a long name but still Iceland are out of the World Cup so this could have been done. He did previously state he wasn’t sure and wanted a new challenge. Fair play to him he can have one, it’s time to move on and replace him.

Everybody on this forum likes Gunner and there is no doubt he has been a great servant, but after nearly a decade of physically demanding championship and international football, I think it’s plain to see it’s taken it’s toll on his body and recent performances

I think it would benefit Gunners, to play in a less demanding league as you suggest. As for us, we need an high energy, box to box midfielder, something which Gunners isn’t anymore.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff are still pursuing deals for Marko Grujic and Aron Gunnarsson.

It is believed that Aron Gunnarson has been offered a new contract, but not an improved one.

Marko Grujic has been offered higher wages but his agent asking for more.

Looks like grulic is a permanent deal then? And gunnnerson is a take it or leave it offer

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:27 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Torally agree

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:34 am

I like Gunnars and think he has contributed at vital moments during his time with us. I think he is just about good enough for the prem but that’s just my opinion others may think not or even think hes without doubt good enough.
I’d be happy if we signed him but equally happy if he goes. I don’t believe he should be aiming any higher than us and if he doesn’t sign with us than it’s the championship or playing abroad. It’s probably about money and opportunities for him and I don’t blame him for waiting to see what happens. The trouble is, it feels like it’s starting to mess us about abit and whether I’m right or wrong on that....he has to be careful that we don’t end up saying the offer is now off the table when he hasn’t got any other options. The club need to take control of it.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:40 am

Id be very pleased for us to sign Grujic permanently, I don't mind loaning him but I do kind of feel we are taking him to get a better price for Liverpool next season when they will probably sell.

Don't want Gunnersson

We would still need to spend on a good solid CM and hope we go back in for Bryson and we are all but done in midfield.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:59 am

2blue2handle wrote:Id be very pleased for us to sign Grujic permanently, I don't mind loaning him but I do kind of feel we are taking him to get a better price for Liverpool next season when they will probably sell.

Don't want Gunnersson

We would still need to spend on a good solid CM and hope we go back in for Bryson and we are all but done in midfield.

gunnerson > bryson all day long

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:02 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Id be very pleased for us to sign Grujic permanently, I don't mind loaning him but I do kind of feel we are taking him to get a better price for Liverpool next season when they will probably sell.

Don't want Gunnersson

gunnerson > bryson all day long

Would not trust Warnock not to play Gunnersson at all costs unfortunately and neither are good enough to be first choice.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Do one Gunner you're boring me now, it's like the ex girlfriend you keep friendly with just in case you can't get a better one !!!

Move on for God's sake Warnock he's getting older and always crocked anyway, don't let him piss you about!!

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:18 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:Has Warnock given up on signing a Premiership experienced striker?

No he has not :thumbup:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Would love to see Grujic on a permanent deal. Big profit to be made there in a few years. If Warnock pulls that off that would be a stunning bit of business.
Hope Gunnar signs, we’re a better team with him in the squad (when fully fit).
That should be midfield sorted, as I’m expecting Reid to play as a no 10. Also think we might go 3 at the back, with Cunningham as the left sided CB, and Bennett and Pato the WBs.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:16 pm

Neil needs a holiday ;)