Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Torquay pre season

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:42 pm

hi guys i have just had a email from Torquay United about cardiff game and they say its going to be all ticket for cardiff fans and tickets will be cardiff soon

Re: Torquay pre season

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Supporters club said we have only been giving a 1500 ticket allocation and tickets go on sale next week

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Paignton bluebird wrote:hi guys i have just had a email from Torquay United about cardiff game and they say its going to be all ticket for cardiff fans and tickets will be cardiff soon

If its all ticket for Cardiff fans does that mean its pay on the day for everyone else?. There is a significant population living in Torquay from all over the country particularly in the summer. How do they police it? Ask you to say " AArk AAArk the LAArk at CAAArdiff AAArms PAAAArk?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:36 pm

I remember playing them in the 90s when they said ‘anyone with a Welsh accent in the Torquay area without a ticket will be arrested’

Barmy

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:37 pm

I remember playing them in the 90s when they said ‘anyone with a Welsh accent in the Torquay area without a ticket will be arrested’

Barmy

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I remember playing them in the 90s when they said ‘anyone with a Welsh accent in the Torquay area without a ticket will be arrested’

Barmy

You are spot on. Think they stopped a couple of buses and turned them around. I used to live in Torquay and my local was opposite the local nick. I remember having a pint in there an hour or two hours after one City game when an empty coach turned up outside and about 50 City fans were marched out of the police station and onto the coach!

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:43 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:I remember playing them in the 90s when they said ‘anyone with a Welsh accent in the Torquay area without a ticket will be arrested’

Barmy

You are spot on. Think they stopped a couple of buses and turned them around. I used to live in Torquay and my local was opposite the local nick. I remember having a pint in there an hour or two hours after one City game when an empty coach turned up outside and about 50 City fans were marched out of the police station and onto the coach!

The lansdown pub is opposite the police station in torquay. Its a interesting place on weekends to say the least.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:40 am

thomasblue wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Barmy

The lansdown pub is opposite the police station in torquay. Its a interesting place on weekends to say the least.

That's the place. Was my local for three years, with the Railway just around the corner. Railway was always full of Jocks and run by a guy who used to play for Notts County. I was in there the night Scotland knocked Wales out of the World Cup and Jock Stein died. As a Welshman that was a weird experience.