Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tom Huddlestone

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:55 pm

With opinion divided over the rumours of the club paying £1.75m for Bryson, IMO, a better use of both that amount of money and using up a valuable squad place would be trying a cheeky bid for his teammate Tom Huddlestone.
One year left on his contract, so a bid of £1m -£1.5m would probably be accepted, as Derby only paid £2m to Hull for him.
Experience of the Premier league and even though he's 31, could do a decent job.
Thoughts ????

Re: Tom Huddlestone

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:58 pm

tonythomas wrote:With opinion divided over the rumours of the club paying £1.75m for Bryson, IMO, a better use of both that amount of money and using up a valuable squad place would be trying a cheeky bid for his teammate Tom Huddlestone.
One year left on his contract, so a bid of £1m -£1.5m would probably be accepted, as Derby only paid £2m to Hull for him.
Experience of the Premier league and even though he's 31, could do a decent job.
Thoughts ????

Good player

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:58 pm

Not as good as Bryson IMO.A player who promised much but never quite lived up to it.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:37 pm

Huddlestone all day mate.
Was an established midfielder in a decent Spurs side for four or five seasons until injury kind of ended his career there.
Bryson imo offered very little in the championship so I doubt a lot more in the premiership.
Hopefully and probably get proved wrong as what do I know against the higher football mind of Neil Warnock.
In Warnock I trust!

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:50 pm

No Brainer Huddlestone all day...good shout

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:08 pm

kimble wrote:No Brainer Huddlestone all day...good shout

Definitely a better shout than Bryson

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:16 pm

Both of them and Grujic!
To be honest, I’d love to see us push the boat out a little and sign Ryan Woods but I believe there’s an 11m price tag on him with other premier league interest.
Hudds is quality, he’s a player, but I fear he’s had his best days and injury has taken its toll. Good call though as a bargain basement signing.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Can't really understand the quote about promised much but never quite lived up to it.
Surely, you don't get to make 244 appearances in the Premier League if you're not performing.
My personal opinion is,he would be a great acquisition. Got a physical presence and can pick out a decent pass to breaking wingers ie.Hoillett & Murphy.
Has stated his desire to play Premier league again, but may not want to uproot from the Midlands, where he's from originally.
Certainly think he's still good enough for a couple of seasons of Premier League.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:26 pm

#1ScouseBluebird wrote:Both of them and Grujic!
To be honest, I’d love to see us push the boat out a little and sign Ryan Woods but I believe there’s an 11m price tag on him with other premier league interest.
Hudds is quality, he’s a player, but I fear he’s had his best days and injury has taken its toll. Good call though as a bargain basement signing.

£11m is a steal; we should be able to afford that

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:28 pm

City Slicker wrote:
#1ScouseBluebird wrote:Both of them and Grujic!

£11m is a steal; we should be able to afford that

We both seem to like Ryan Woods Phil ! :thumbright:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:47 pm

tonythomas wrote:Can't really understand the quote about promised much but never quite lived up to it.
Surely, you don't get to make 244 appearances in the Premier League if you're not performing.
My personal opinion is,he would be a great acquisition. Got a physical presence and can pick out a decent pass to breaking wingers ie.Hoillett & Murphy.
Has stated his desire to play Premier league again, but may not want to uproot from the Midlands, where he's from originally.
Certainly think he's still good enough for a couple of seasons of Premier League.

at 23 he had chalked up a 100 games for Spurs and been capped..looked like he was going to have a 400 game top 6 career and a cuboard full of caps...at 31 he has 4 caps and spent 2 of the last 4 years in the championship and the other 2 years being relegated from the prem.........doesnt make him a bad player { i would love him here } but he didnt have the career many including myself thought he would have..