Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Tan wipes 70 million off our debt !

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:47 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pontlliwblue wrote:Many thanks Mr tan should be given the freedom of the city. On the downside my 100 shares bought as part of the kurt Nolan deal must now be worth less than a penny.

Doesn't work that way.

Tan has now bought more shares becuase the prospect of the club is going to rise. Expect your shares to rise with it.

Very true. Its due to prem football. The club is worth more now than what it was back in division 2/3 days.

And so the debt becomes a smaller percentage against the club because the club is now worth more.Who'd wanna be a big club like Villa anyway. :lol:

Don't understand you sometimes...well most times.

The debt has become a smaller percentage becuase £70 million has been wiped off it. It's not rocket science is it?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:51 am

JimCP91 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
fred keenor wrote:The club has also become a very saleable product now as well.
Sincerely hope it is not though, better Vincent than some of the rogue chairmen out there.
Sunderland,villa, birmingham , jacks :-)

Absolutely and anybody who wishes VT would sell should remember the grass is not always greener on the other side

Totally agree

Not sure how anybody can hold a grudge against him.

The rebrand was certainly a mistake, you can see he recognizes this and is regretful. He has apologized, reversed the decision and worked very hard at stabilising and uniting the club again.

Hes great in my opinion.

If Cardiff City is an addiction, the cure was a realisation through the rebrand that football is like any other business.

That's got nothing to do with Vincent Tan, he meant what he said and was correct in saying fans can be replaced. At the time it was said in a position of absolute power, he's in the top league in the world. That sells

He was correct in calling fans customers because they are. He's not wrong.

The truth is a cure to the addicted.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:25 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Dazzy wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
Sincerely hope it is not though, better Vincent than some of the rogue chairmen out there.

Absolutely and anybody who wishes VT would sell should remember the grass is not always greener on the other side

Totally agree

The rebrand was certainly a mistake, you can see he recognizes this and is regretful. He has apologized, reversed the decision and worked very hard at stabilising and uniting the club again.

Hes great in my opinion.

Totally agree. Some people with anger issues will find a place to vent and struggle to let it go. We’ve been lucky to have VT when you look at most other clubs.
:thumbup: :ayatollah:

He has never apologised for the rebrand and as much as you want to dress him up as a Saint he has not shown any remorse to what he put us through that horrible time.

Maybe not the apology I said, but certainly remorse.

"I have been here nine years. It was back in 2009 that I first put money in," says Tan, who estimates the current figure from his own pocket into the football club stands at around £190million.

"I must admit I made a mistake early on changing the colour, but I removed the mistake. There will be no more tinkering with the colours.

"I feel the club is united again, everybody is pulling in the same direction. The Board, the team, the fans, the media. We need everyone to be positive because there is lots to be positive about.

"I can understand how the fans feel. But I reverted back to blue. I want to say thank-you very much to them for continuing to support the club."

Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:55 am

JimCP91 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Dazzy wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:

Totally agree

Hes great in my opinion.

Totally agree. Some people with anger issues will find a place to vent and struggle to let it go. We’ve been lucky to have VT when you look at most other clubs.

He has never apologised for the rebrand and as much as you want to dress him up as a Saint he has not shown any remorse to what he put us through that horrible time.

"I have been here nine years. It was back in 2009 that I first put money in," says Tan, who estimates the current figure from his own pocket into the football club stands at around £190million.

"I must admit I made a mistake early on changing the colour, but I removed the mistake. There will be no more tinkering with the colours.

"I feel the club is united again, everybody is pulling in the same direction. The Board, the team, the fans, the media. We need everyone to be positive because there is lots to be positive about.

"I can understand how the fans feel. But I reverted back to blue. I want to say thank-you very much to them for continuing to support the club."

Sounds like an apology to me

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Dazzy wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:

Totally agree

Hes great in my opinion.

I would say so too, but some people will say otherwise but he certainly takes responsiibility and accepts he was wrong and made a mistake. He has fixed that!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:39 pm

JimCP91 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Dazzy wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:

Totally agree

Hes great in my opinion.

I would say so too, but some people will say otherwise but he certainly takes responsiibility and accepts he was wrong and made a mistake. He has fixed that!

Tan has been our best and most successful owner in our history

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Dazzy wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:

Totally agree

Hes great in my opinion.

I agree he’s never appologised, but I think it’s worth remembering the cultural difference. Maybe his way of apologising isn’t by words, but rather actions which speak much louder.

Through work, I’ve been invited into the Directors Lounge a couple of times and had a couple of chats with one of his sons, whose manners towards my family were exemplary. He also jokingly referred to his Dad as a dictator. :lol:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Well done Tan; many of us are warming to you now

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:55 pm

paulh_85 wrote:What an owner we have :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fair play he’s come good, hats off to him for taking good advice. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Best owner I can remember :thumbup: ......mind you that's not saying a lot.
He made a significant mistake but has acknowledged it. So far he has been true to his word/promises. :bluebird: the
No doubt be will get lots of stick if things don't work out in the Prem, (is not putting in enough funding 3rd :shock: ) but at that time let's remember good things that he has done for the club :thumbup:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Lets hope everyone can let go of the past and all move forward as one :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:36 pm

When he first turned up I thought you had yet another one of these crazy far East owners but he seems to be on the money now, remember couple of seasons back coming out of Griffin Park and seeing this huge black Bentley parked outside a chippy in the dark back streets with a chauffeur sitting inside and then seeing your man stroll along towards it, quite a surreal moment

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:51 pm

I like the fish and chip shop story :thumbup: :thumbup: the
We are looking for a Vincent Tan song / chant.....
Maybe the old Kirsty McCarthy Call song
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ma ... ORM=VRDGAR

Theres a guy works down the chip shop
Swears he's Elvis
Just like you swore to me that I'm your man
There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis
But he's a liar he's really Vincent Tan :laughing5: :laughing5: :thumbup:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:57 pm

Carlossus wrote:Lets hope everyone can let go of the past and all move forward as one :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

I'm right behind him now. The guy made a monumental mistake, rectified it, took the vitriol on the chin and continues to support the club. What's in the past stays in the past as far as I'm concerned. What the hell, I might even go out and buy him a new pair of trendy trousers....no belt of course :thumbup:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Thank you Vincent Tan, you are a man of honour as you have always been.

How many owners would do this off their own back

Please don't sell as some say as we are strong with you, Ken Choo and Neil Warnock.

Exciting times ahead :bluebird:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Thank you Vincent Tan, you are a man of honour as you have always been.

Please don't sell as some say as we are strong with you, Ken Choo and Neil Warnock.

Agree

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:Thank you Vincent Tan, you are a man of honour as you have always been.

Agree

:thumbup:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:11 pm

fred keenor wrote:Incredible , he did not really need to do this.
He could have slipped quietly away and left us in the mire.
The vitriol was over the top by some.
Mistakes were made by him and us, probably culturally we both did not understand each other.

Thank you Vincent.
Tremendous Gesture.

Spot on

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:06 pm

people forgetting a huge thanks to Vincent Tan's mum. hug x

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:29 pm

ThomasC wrote:people forgetting a huge thanks to Vincent Tan's mum. hug x

Hahaha.