Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GREG HALFORD BACK IN TRAINING

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:27 pm

With just over 4 weeks left until the season starts, Halford who Warnock has already gone on camera to say that he MIGHT stick around but will likely get a better offer at first team football elsewhere, but I find it odd if he isn't a City player currently how he's back in training. Are we just offering him the training in the spirit of good will to keep him fit for someone to sign him, or do you think He's sticking around and a re-sign could be imminent? I would love him to resign personally, he's a solid back up IMO. Doesn't have the footballing ability that Connolly has but a much better defender especially in the air.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: GREG HALFORD BACK IN TRAINING

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:42 pm

Probably just staying fit with us

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Hope he is just training with us to keep fit...If a journeyman Lower league player like Halford Is part of our 25 man Premier League squad we will be in trouble

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:51 pm

Greg Halfords a football genius!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Savigma wrote:With just over 4 weeks left until the season starts, Halford who Warnock has already gone on camera to say that he MIGHT stick around but will likely get a better offer at first team football elsewhere, but I find it odd if he isn't a City player currently how he's back in training. Are we just offering him the training in the spirit of good will to keep him fit for someone to sign him, or do you think He's sticking around and a re-sign could be imminent? I would love him to resign personally, he's a solid back up IMO. Doesn't have the footballing ability that Connolly has but a much better defender especially in the air.

Just training with the first team to keep fit, fairly common. He's NOT premiership class.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Surprised to see that unlike most of our players, Halford has played in the Premier League for Sunderland and Wolves but I agree he’s not good enough for our squad of 25!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Savigma wrote:With just over 4 weeks left until the season starts, Halford who Warnock has already gone on camera to say that he MIGHT stick around but will likely get a better offer at first team football elsewhere, but I find it odd if he isn't a City player currently how he's back in training. Are we just offering him the training in the spirit of good will to keep him fit for someone to sign him, or do you think He's sticking around and a re-sign could be imminent? I would love him to resign personally, he's a solid back up IMO. Doesn't have the footballing ability that Connolly has but a much better defender especially in the air.

Also in the video you can see Liam Fenney

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:20 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:Greg Halfords a football genius!

If we want to stay up Super Greg is who we need!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:54 pm

Dj120489 wrote:

:lol: You obviously know your stuff. The sort of bloke who would be top of the table in a football results prediction league.

Arent you supposed to be working as opposed to commenting on football forums?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:26 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:
Dj120489 wrote:

:lol: You obviously know your stuff. The sort of bloke who would be top of the table in a football results prediction league.

Arent you supposed to be working as opposed to commenting on football forums?

The guy is a football genius. :notworthy:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:28 am

Apparently he’s there getting measured up for his statue which will be erected outside the Ivor Davies in the Canton area of Cardiff.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:05 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:Apparently he’s there getting measured up for his statue which will be erected outside the Ivor Davies in the Canton area of Cardiff.

There's 1 already there of him .......it's called a lamp post :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:08 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:Apparently he’s there getting measured up for his statue which will be erected outside the Ivor Davies in the Canton area of Cardiff.

There's 1 already there of him .......it's called a lamp post :lol:

:lol: