A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Gunnars has signed a 1 year deal

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:22 am

Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Nemo wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Didn’t mention anything about signings other than looking to get some loan signings.

I’m delighted with Gunnars too, people on this Messageboard seem to have short term memories. He was outstanding for us before his injury, and Warnock said himself that he’s massive in the dressing room.

Absolutely right. They also forget the fine game he had against Forest after his return from injury which included the winning goal and some great defensive work. Glad he is staying with us.

Brilliant news

Really??? For who exactly?

Well for Cardiff City of course, or were you confusing them with La Vecchia Signora?

1 year deal is 100% NOT good for Cardiff City and only benefits Gunnarsson so I’d say that’s very bad news, nothing good about it at all, absolutely nothing.

Hes a cheap alternative to buying a midfielder worth place in squad but suspect he will be gone next season so no problem replacing him and no cost to club :thumbup:

Re: ' Aron Gunnarsson has signed a 1 year deal ' Plus

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:48 am

the exact same people that thought it a hguge risk signing him becausae he is injury prone are NOW complaining its not a longer contract.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:10 pm

I’m looking forward to seeing how he does in the Prem, has he got what it takes? gonna be interesting.

Re: Gunnars has signed a 1 year deal

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:24 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Otis wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Just watched Warnock’s pre season exclusive on Cardiff City player and he’s confirmed Gunnars has signed a 1 year deal. Also Ralls and Mozzarella have extended their contracts.

Tell him to do one ,one year so he can run his contract down again ffs

Can you blame him? He's a Premier League standard player. Simple as. He's given enough to this club to deserve an easy move away if we go down.

He's been through it all with the club and has stuck by us. If we stay up, he will sign again. if we don't he can easily leave. He's earned that right IMO.

He's not premier league standard, he's slow and he can't pass.

he doesnt get picked for his pace or wand though..he gets picked for how well he reads the game defensively...
there was a piece on here a few weeks back by either jepo or blackwell about the work of our coaches and players do prepping and carrying out nullifying our opponents key players..and..how there has been no credit for it..
to me Gunner personifies this ..and without it ( players sacrificing taking a more active part while we are in pos } we wouldnt even have gone close to going up because the cornerstone of our success was not allowing teams to hurt us.
anyway it sounds like our 8 times promoted manager is chuffed .........because gunner is his fav ???????.. :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Bay Blue wrote:I’m looking forward to seeing how he does in the Prem, has he got what it takes? gonna be interesting.

Last time we were in the Premier League he was three years younger and proved week after week that he wasn't up to the job.

Relegation was certainly not his fault but he did absolutely nothing to suggest that he was a Premier League player.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:33 pm

davids wrote:
Bay Blue wrote:I’m looking forward to seeing how he does in the Prem, has he got what it takes? gonna be interesting.

Last time we were in the Premier League he was three years younger and proved week after week that he wasn't up to the job.

Relegation was certainly not his fault but he did absolutely nothing to suggest that he was a Premier League player.

Last time we were in the Premier, apart from Medel, he had a shockingly poor team around him, particularly in midfield. I think he's actually improved in the last 3 years

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:39 pm

City Slicker wrote:
davids wrote:

Last time we were in the Premier, apart from Medel, he had a shockingly poor team around him, particularly in midfield. I think he's actually improved in the last 3 years

Interesting as I was going to ask it anyone actually thought he had improved the last 3 years but didnt bother as didn't think anyone would. I

Interesting you say midfield was poor as you mention medel as doing well and most think Mutch was out best player in the Prem so who was the weak link?