norms76 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Nemo wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Didn’t mention anything about signings other than looking to get some loan signings.

I’m delighted with Gunnars too, people on this Messageboard seem to have short term memories. He was outstanding for us before his injury, and Warnock said himself that he’s massive in the dressing room.

Absolutely right. They also forget the fine game he had against Forest after his return from injury which included the winning goal and some great defensive work. Glad he is staying with us.

Brilliant news

Really??? For who exactly?

Well for Cardiff City of course, or were you confusing them with La Vecchia Signora?

1 year deal is 100% NOT good for Cardiff City and only benefits Gunnarsson so I’d say that’s very bad news, nothing good about it at all, absolutely nothing.

It does look that way doesn’t it. It’s like if we go down he’s off but if we stay up he might stay in another year. It only benefits Gunner and he’s not showing any commitment really.

Not sure I read it like that.

With many on here saying he's not worth a contract. I see it as the club saying he's not worth a long term contract.

He wanted out if we didn’t go up. I see it exactly like that, if we go down he’s off.

He didn't want out, he wanted a new challenge and with the promotion he got it.

Don't get me wrong I don't think he's of the quality to deserve a contract, I'm certain he doesn't have the quality for a long term contract.

I think the club see it the same and it's not Gunnar calling the shots.

Re: Gunnars has signed a 1 year deal

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Wayne S wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Nemo wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Didn’t mention anything about signings other than looking to get some loan signings.

I’m delighted with Gunnars too, people on this Messageboard seem to have short term memories. He was outstanding for us before his injury, and Warnock said himself that he’s massive in the dressing room.

Absolutely right. They also forget the fine game he had against Forest after his return from injury which included the winning goal and some great defensive work. Glad he is staying with us.

Brilliant news

Well for Cardiff City of course, or were you confusing them with La Vecchia Signora?

1 year deal is 100% NOT good for Cardiff City and only benefits Gunnarsson so I’d say that’s very bad news, nothing good about it at all, absolutely nothing.

It does look that way doesn’t it. It’s like if we go down he’s off but if we stay up he might stay in another year. It only benefits Gunner and he’s not showing any commitment really.

Not sure I read it like that.

With many on here saying he's not worth a contract. I see it as the club saying he's not worth a long term contract.

He wanted out if we didn’t go up. I see it exactly like that, if we go down he’s off.

He didn't want out, he wanted a new challenge and with the promotion he got it.

Don't get me wrong I don't think he's of the quality to deserve a contract, I'm certain he doesn't have the quality for a long term contract.

I think the club see it the same and it's not Gunnar calling the shots.

He wanted out and turned down a new contract ffs! He said he’d stay if we got promoted.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:25 pm

norms76 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:Gunners is worth his place in our squad of 25, but Peltier and Connelly also given new contracts until 2020??

Very unhappy Connolly given a contract, he'll be out of his depth in the Premier

Warnocks boy is Connolly. He’s had him at QPR and likes having him around. Can’t see him getting much game time mind.

I hope not

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Nemo wrote:

Brilliant news

Well I obviously see it differently to you. He will be a very useful squad player and if we stay up he can go with my blessing the following season but his value would have been in his contribution to our staying up and of course gaining extra money. We will undoubtedly need better as first team choice to partner Ralls and A N Other, but I for one would take Gunnar any day of the week over Bryson as squad back up.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Have a read Wayne.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... n-13974765

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:45 pm

So yesterday he’s not worth keeping an he’s not good enough.

Today he’s a c**t for not showing commitment.

Wonder what he’s going to do wrong tomorrow.

Aron Gunnarsson Cardiff City’s Offical scapegoat for the 2018 2019 season.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Transfer kitty must have dried up if we are clambering to sign Gunnar’s and What with the Bryson bid...
I know Warnock say he see’s things we don’t and as a fan above stated “he’s massive in the dressing room” that’s fine but on the pitch he’s tiny. We are not Iceland, this isn’t the Euros or even the Championship. Our central midfield on paper is shocking. Yes, upon his return Gunnar’s had one good game again Notts Forrest, but aside from that our overall performances were better in the run January until May without him and with an unfit Grujic. Look at our golden run in those months, read over the team sheets and acknowledge the damage the change to accommodate Gunnar’s had on our run in. Facts are facts I am afraid.
The video interview, I couldn’t help but laugh at the Peltier promotion by NW. Anyone want to take bets on how many yellow cards for man handling he receives? Or how many goal result from the free kicks he will away or lastly how many teams will use their pace down the left. You see it’s great being an armchair fan, we don’t get involved with players, we aren’t influenced by the dressing room or tour bus personalities. Our last Premiership manager held onto his blue eyes of Don Cowie (slow and could only pass sideways) and Andrew Taylor (slow fullback) so as a fan I can help but see the laughable irony.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:So yesterday he’s not worth keeping an he’s not good enough.

Personally, I’m not arsed if he stays or goes tbh.

Just find it strange it’s only a year.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:55 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Nemo wrote:

Brilliant news

Well I obviously see it differently to you. He will be a very useful squad player and if we stay up he can go with my blessing the following season but his value would have been in his contribution to our staying up and of course gaining extra money. We will undoubtedly need better as first team choice to partner Ralls and A N Other, but I for one would take Gunnar any day of the week over Bryson as squad back up.

You honestly think Gunnar’s is signing a years contract to sit on the bench as backup!? I’d be fine with Gunnar’s accepting a contract as a backup bench player, but let’s face it Warnock loves him. So much so that he was thrust straight back into the team during our monumental unbeaten run - the results that followed spoke for themselves.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:10 pm

norms76 wrote:Have a read Wayne.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... n-13974765

Have you read it?

"But the 28-year-old has told veteran manager Warnock he wants a new challenge, though has insisted he wants to win promotion with Cardiff in his final six months."

It's Warnock that hoped he may stay if we go up.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:21 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Have you read it?

"But the 28-year-old has told veteran manager Warnock he wants a new challenge, though has insisted he wants to win promotion with Cardiff in his final six months."

It's Warnock that hoped he may stay if we go up.

Wants a new challenge somewhere else. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Mozzarella :laughing6: Prove yourself Gunnar or ship out butt :thumbup:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:So yesterday he’s not worth keeping an he’s not good enough.

:? Ban?? :?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:49 pm

For me one of two things needs to happen, he massively improves his general ability and proves he is a premiership player.

Or warnock has to realise he doesn't have to play him no matter what every game and he can be just a squad player.

If neither happen we are in for a long season.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:03 pm

norms76 wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Nemo wrote:

Brilliant news

Absolutely Norms

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:08 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Nemo wrote:

Brilliant news

Yes I agree, we do see things differently especially the part where you say you’d take Gunnarsson over Bryson. All about opinions I suppose.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:12 pm

1 year contract makes the most sense.

Glad he’s signing :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:14 pm

paulh_85 wrote:1 year contract makes the most sense.

Very true, at least we can ditch him if we go down.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Yup. No overhang on wages - no ineffective players hanging around that don’t really want to be here.

He will give his all this season I’m sure, hopefully it’ll work, if not it won’t cost us for the next few seasons

A good deal for player and club, it’s a shame we have so many negative fans

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Yup. No overhang on wages - no ineffective players hanging around that don’t really want to be here.

He will give his all this season I’m sure, hopefully it’ll work, if not it won’t cost us for the next few seasons

A good deal for player and club, it’s a shame we have so many negative fans

Good deal for him, I think he and warnocks love for him will cost us.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:09 am

Can't remember Hoillet getting any stick when he only signed an 8 month contract and then only signed a 1 year contract the season after.

How anyone can say Bryson is a better player than Gunnerson is a joke.

I really don't understand why your all moaning about 1 year!! If you don't think he's good enough then there's no long term commitment. If he has a good season and we stay up then we can always offer him another!

It amazes me when I see people talk about get rid of him and sign 2 quality CM like we've got a massive transfer budget. I think we'll sign one quality striker and one quality CM, all with big loan fees 3 mill etc. & with a clause that if we stay up we will buy them! I think some of you need to manage your expectations otherwise you'll be left disappointed!!

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:49 am

If he leaves, I’m not aware of any other central midfielders with international pedigree, who would be willing to join Cardiff City on a free transfer. Maybe he won’t be a regular starter, but he’s a reliable squad player who is back to being match fit post World Cup.

Aside from a signing on fee, which pales into insignificance when compared to the modern day transfer values, it’s a no brainer. He has Premier League experience and our squad unity (which you can’t put a price on) will be maintained at it’s current high level.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:10 am

wez1927 wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Just watched Warnock’s pre season exclusive on Cardiff City player and he’s confirmed Gunnars has signed a 1 year deal. Also Ralls and Mozzarella have extended their contracts.

Tell him to do one ,one year so he can run his contract down again ffs

Can you blame him? He's a Premier League standard player. Simple as. He's given enough to this club to deserve an easy move away if we go down.

He's been through it all with the club and has stuck by us. If we stay up, he will sign again. if we don't he can easily leave. He's earned that right IMO.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:15 am

Otis wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Just watched Warnock’s pre season exclusive on Cardiff City player and he’s confirmed Gunnars has signed a 1 year deal. Also Ralls and Mozzarella have extended their contracts.

Can you blame him? He's a Premier League standard player. Simple as. He's given enough to this club to deserve an easy move away if we go down.

He's been through it all with the club and has stuck by us. If we stay up, he will sign again. if we don't he can easily leave. He's earned that right IMO.

He's not premier league standard, he's slow and he can't pass.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:31 am

nubbsy wrote:
Otis wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He's not premier league standard, he's slow and he can't pass.

Agreed. That’s why I’m not arsed if he stays or goes.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:58 am

Nemo wrote:

We probably forgot the Forest game because of the other 4 or 5 shit games he had after returning from injury.

I would preferred he moved on, not because I don't appreciate his previous efforts, it's because he has reached his sell by date and any well run club off loads at that point.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:02 am

Otis wrote:

He certainly is not a Premier League standard player, if he was he would already have been playing there for some considerable time.

And as for 'all he has been through with the club' I would have happily taken that crap in exchange for £20kpw :roll:

You need to get things into perspective rather than make rash statements.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:36 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Otis wrote:

He certainly is not a Premier League standard player, if he was he would already have been playing there for some considerable time.

And as for 'all he has been through with the club' I would have happily taken that crap in exchange for £20kpw :roll:

You need to get things into perspective rather than make rash statements.

Could say the same about our entire squad really. so lets just give up now then :lol:

Re: ' Aron Gunnarsson has signed a 1 year deal ' Plus

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:46 am

It’s all about the money, if Gunnar had a better offer he’d be gone.
Tony blue knows his football

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:15 am

Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Nemo wrote:

Brilliant news

Yes I agree, we do see things differently especially the part where you say you’d take Gunnarsson over Bryson. All about opinions I suppose.

Of course, and your opinions are very valid and you're a good poster mate :thumbup: