Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Getting concerned.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:31 pm

With the news that Gunner is staying I am worried we will not be signing 1 or 2 top class midfield players. We also desperately need a goal scoring striker. Sir Neil has said we need new players with Premiership experience. So where are they? Do you now expect any?

Re: Getting concerned.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:53 pm

Brezza wrote:With the news that Gunner is staying I am worried we will not be signing 1 or 2 top class midfield players. We also desperately need a goal scoring striker. Sir Neil has said we need new players with Premiership experience. So where are they? Do you now expect any?

Still plenty of time but you are right we need 3 more

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Giv it a rest ffss. Fulham haven’t signed anyone yet there’s ages left in the transfer window.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:18 pm

Expect activity over the next 2 or 3 weeks. I still think there'll be some pleasant surprises to come.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:20 pm

People like this fry me id he happy if we started the season with what we got, glory hunter no doubt.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:03 pm

its his opinion...whats wrong with that

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:22 pm

kimble wrote:its his opinion...whats wrong with that

We were never going to buy 2 top class midfielders, not with our budget.

I'd also like to be pointed to where Warnock said he needed players with Premier League experience. I can only find where Super Ken suggested it in the Echo.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:33 pm

Wayne S wrote:

I'd also like to be pointed to where Warnock said he needed players with Premier League experience. I can only find where Super Ken suggested it in the Echo.

Exactly. Absolutely clueless some of our fans are, we are on a shoestring budget wake the fuk up.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:38 pm

I’m very happy with the business done so far. Don’t get the negativity over Gunnar. He was unfit on his return but he’s a player. He’ll be fit for the new season and ready to hit the ground running (providing he does sign).

Grujic coming back would be terrific too.

Add Ralls to that who’s a box to box all action player, I think that’s a solid midfield.

We might even get a surprise with another CM coming in......love to see Ryan Woods.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:47 pm

genuinely got a buzz for this forthcoming season and then every now and then a post like this comes along.
It's like some people can't ever be happy, they look for negativity everywhere.
We are weeks away from closure of the window post negativity when you've seen our business wrapped up.

As for me I'm happy to go with what we have right now.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:25 am

wez1927 wrote:
Brezza wrote:With the news that Gunner is staying I am worried we will not be signing 1 or 2 top class midfield players. We also desperately need a goal scoring striker. Sir Neil has said we need new players with Premiership experience. So where are they? Do you now expect any?

Still plenty of time but you are right we need 3 more

Totally agree..very happy with our signings so far but I fully expect 2/3 more before the end of the window

Also at least 3/4 maybe even more to leave or be loaned out

It’s going to a tough, tough season for us and along the way a couple of heavy defeats, but it’s a young hungry squad that I believe will thrive in the premier league and fully expect us to stay up

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:47 am

BobbyBlue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Exactly. Absolutely clueless some of our fans are, we are on a shoestring budget wake the fuk up.

i hope this isnt going to be pedalled all season, on the low side it might be but i wouldnt call two 10m+ signings and more a shoestring budget.

Warnocks been given plenty of money to get the right kind of players in for me. Still more to come as well as some loans i imagine so im not concerned in the slightest yet.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:53 am

He said we'd be getting two more in which looks like grujic and a striker. We all know how good warnock is when talking to the media so maybe another one up his sleeve we still got another month so plenty of time.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

i hope this isnt going to be pedalled all season, on the low side it might be but i wouldnt call two 10m+ signings and more a shoestring budget.

Warnocks been given plenty of money to get the right kind of players in for me. Still more to come as well as some loans i imagine so im not concerned in the slightest yet.

It’s a shoestring budget, we are level with the likes of Huddersfield, budget wise we should finish last or last but one.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Same as expectations for kast year tgen??

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:08 pm

I think the lack of any decent centre midfielders coming in, which for me is the most important position of the team, is a concern. We have spent big money on a winger and an attacking midfielder/striker and I’m one of several concerned how much money is left to be able to bring in a centre midfielder of the calibre of Ryan Woods. I hope Warnock doesn’t leave us short of quality in centre midfield. Personally, I would have spent big money on a quality centre midfielder by now and if that meant having to sacrifice the signings of Josh Murphy and Bobby Reid, so be it. Centre midfield is the most important position to improve and if we don’t invest in this area, we are going straight back down.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think the lack of any decent centre midfielders coming in, which for me is the most important position of the team, is a concern. We have spent big money on a winger and an attacking midfielder/striker and I’m one of several concerned how much money is left to be able to bring in a centre midfielder of the calibre of Ryan Woods. I hope Warnock doesn’t leave us short of quality in centre midfield. Personally, I would have spent big money on a quality centre midfielder by now and if that meant having to sacrifice the signings of Josh Murphy and Bobby Reid, so be it. Centre midfield is the most important position to improve and if we don’t invest in this area, we are going straight back down.

Perhaps you need to contact Warnock and tell him where he has gone wrong.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think the lack of any decent centre midfielders coming in, which for me is the most important position of the team, is a concern. We have spent big money on a winger and an attacking midfielder/striker and I’m one of several concerned how much money is left to be able to bring in a centre midfielder of the calibre of Ryan Woods. I hope Warnock doesn’t leave us short of quality in centre midfield. Personally, I would have spent big money on a quality centre midfielder by now and if that meant having to sacrifice the signings of Josh Murphy and Bobby Reid, so be it. Centre midfield is the most important position to improve and if we don’t invest in this area, we are going straight back down.

I haven’t said he’s gone wrong. I’m just saying if I was given a budget, the position I would choose to spend a big chunk of my budget would be centre midfield. Maybe Warnock still has some funds left to bring in a quality centre midfielder.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

I haven’t said he’s gone wrong. I’m just saying if I was given a budget, the position I would choose to spend a big chunk of my budget would be centre midfield. Maybe Warnock still has some funds left to bring in a quality centre midfielder.

I would guess he is in contact with players and clubs so that he can finalise his squad for next season. If the info on this forum is reasonably accurate, it looks as if there are at least two loan signings in the pipeline, and I know some posters believe that there is still cash available to bring in a quality player. Not sure if the cash bit is right, but it looks likely that this squad is not yet complete, and that loan signings are imminent. I actually agree with you that we may struggle with the players we have here right now, but a little extra quality brought in could make all the difference. I am confident Warnock knows what he is doing, he has not done much wrong here so far. I'm not sure if some of the big name managers would envy him in his position, trying to be competitive with one of the smallest budgets in the division. I think he will do as good as anyone else working with a similar budget.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:16 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

I would guess he is in contact with players and clubs so that he can finalise his squad for next season. If the info on this forum is reasonably accurate, it looks as if there are at least two loan signings in the pipeline, and I know some posters believe that there is still cash available to bring in a quality player. Not sure if the cash bit is right, but it looks likely that this squad is not yet complete, and that loan signings are imminent. I actually agree with you that we may struggle with the players we have here right now, but a little extra quality brought in could make all the difference. I am confident Warnock knows what he is doing, he has not done much wrong here so far. I'm not sure if some of the big name managers would envy him in his position, trying to be competitive with one of the smallest budgets in the division. I think he will do as good as anyone else working with a similar budget.

I agree with that I’m certainly not doubting Warnock, I will be 100% behind Warnock even if we lose every game next season as it’s a complete miracle how he’s managed to get us in the Premiership to be honest. Ideally, I would like us to bring in 2 quality centre midfielders to partner Ralls, as I think Ralls is our only centre midfielder who can consistently perform alright at Premiership level for us. I think that’s the point the OP was making, but we will see what happens.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Wasnt it mentioned arslan on loan for a season for 3mil? Option to buy at end of loan? Would be a real quality addition to our midfield.better than any we already have,by a distance too!