Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gabby Logan half Welsh really ?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:06 pm

She is so sickenly sycophantic when interview Ingerland's players and manager, it's hard to believe she's half Welsh and indeed represented Wales at rhythmic gymnastics at the Commonwealth Games.

At least good old Jason Mohammed got a Wales Euros plug in during his interview with Phillipe Albert.

Re: Gabby Logan half Welsh really ?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:20 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:She is so sickenly sycophantic when interview Ingerland's players and manager, it's hard to believe she's half Welsh and indeed represented Wales at rhythmic gymnastics at the Commonwealth Games.

At least good old Jason Mohammed got a Wales Euros plug in during his interview with Phillipe Albert.

Isn't her dad terry yorath? And she married kenny logan the scots rugby player? :old:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:20 pm

She is, she did

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Her dad is Terry Yorath, and she did represent Wales in the Commonwealth Games, so her Welsh credentials are sound. Perhaps she doesn't feel the need to shout about it. She's part of the team covering England at the World Cup, and doing a good job. Don't see a problem here.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:27 pm

She's English in all ways except her dad's heritage. Born in Leeds and never lived here.

I'll forgive her this.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:28 pm

Well if she was born in England's she's f*cking English, it's as simple as that.

She has said before she supports Wales though. Maybe England are her second team.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Wayne S wrote:She's English in all ways except her dad's heritage. Born in Leeds and never lived here.

I'll forgive her this.

So to be welsh need to be born in wales? Mmmm my daughter was born in Bristol because we lived there but she's as welsh as you are! :thumbup:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 pm

I still wood even if she was wearing a england shirt

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 pm

I'd give her one mind you :3some:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Pencoed wrote:I still wood even if she was wearing a england shirt

*would. Official warning regarding your spelling

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:She's English in all ways except her dad's heritage. Born in Leeds and never lived here.

I'll forgive her this.

So to be welsh need to be born in wales? Mmmm my daughter was born in Bristol because we lived there but she's as welsh as you are! :thumbup:

The point being Logan has NEVER lived in Wales. She is as much English, if not more, than Welsh.

She has a right to support England as much as Wales.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Although I was quite critical in my original post, I don't dislike her as a presenter, she's very professional and personable.

However during her World Cup interviews, she's like a gauche teenager, which only enhances my dislike of the Ingerland media hype.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:21 pm

Who

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:36 pm

The Belgium backup staff are also Welsh, worked with Martinez when he was manager at Swansea, his assistant is Graham Jones. Hope you’ll all be backing Belgium Jacks?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:37 pm

Bananas wrote:

No,no,on this occaision I think his spelling is correct,just the context is wrong. :laughing6:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:04 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bananas wrote:

No,no,on this occaision I think his spelling is correct,just the context is wrong. :laughing6:

:laughing6:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:51 am

murphy wrote:Well if she was born in England's she's f*cking English, it's as simple as that.

She has said before she supports Wales though. Maybe England are her second team.

Almost half our team were born in England for god sake. Her father was captain and manager of Wales and she represented Wales at the Commonwealth games so her Welsh credentials are a lot stronger than Woodburn, Brookes, Vokes etc.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:40 am

JJ1927 wrote:
murphy wrote:Well if she was born in England's she's f*cking English, it's as simple as that.

Almost half our team were born in England for god sake. Her father was captain and manager of Wales and she represented Wales at the Commonwealth games so her Welsh credentials are a lot stronger than Woodburn, Brookes, Vokes etc.

And she's English, you can tell that by her accent on TV.

You can't expect someone born and bred in a country not to support the national team.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:46 am

These threads are getting embarrassing.

Just looking for anyway possible to knock them because they are having a successful tournament for a change.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:46 am

murphy wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

You can't expect someone born and bred in a country not to support the national team.

According to Wikipedia she also supports Newcastle. As many people say on here, if you support an English team you should be supporting England in this WC.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:47 am

murphy wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

My girls were born in England yet one has chosen Wales as the culture she wants to be.

If you are looking for criteria well besides having a Welsh father she followed the national team across France for the Euros and took a lot of stick from her classmates. Thats more than most Welsh who live in their secular Wales area surrounded by their own.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:47 am

Llan_Blue wrote:These threads are getting embarrassing.

Just looking for anyway possible to knock them because they are having a successful tournament for a change.

I agree mate. I'm supporting Sweden today but I'm not bothered by Welsh people cheering on England.

There's more important things in life.