“ 41,000 Fans “

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:55 am

Rangers 6 Bury Town 0

Friendly last night

A crowd of 41,000 incredible

Re: “ 41,000 Fans “

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Wow
Know wonder they want to join us in the Prem.
Their wasted in Bonny Scotland, but zero chance of them leaving that league.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:43 pm

Massive Club with fans all over the world.

I'm a Cardiff City and Wales fan, but like most other people who are Football fans you tend to have something for teams from other countries, for example, I prefer Real Madrid to Barcelona, I prefer Inter to AC Milan, bit of a Blue theme but then I prefer Man Utd to Man City but then again Everton to Liverpool.

I am a Rangers fan, been up there a few times, Glasgow is an amazing City and Ibrox is a fantastic stadium, they have shops in the City and their superstore is at least 5-6 times the size of ours. I have a passion for them, sure its not on the same level as my passion for Cardiff or Wales but its a passion all the same :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:45 pm

Crap gate. There will be twice as many at Taffs Well in a few weeks. ;)

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:49 pm

RV Casual wrote:Massive Club with fans all over the world.

I'm a Cardiff City and Wales fan, but like most other people who are Football fans you tend to have something for teams from other countries, for example, I prefer Real Madrid to Barcelona, I prefer Inter to AC Milan, bit of a Blue theme but then I prefer Man Utd to Man City but then again Everton to Liverpool.

I am a Rangers fan, been up there a few times, Glasgow is an amazing City and Ibrox is a fantastic stadium, they have shops in the City and their superstore is at least 5-6 times the size of ours. I have a passion for them, sure its not on the same level as my passion for Cardiff or Wales but its a passion all the same :bluescarf:

Yes I agree their a massive club, much bigger than us, but the funny thing is that now we’re in the prem we’re financially a bigger club, and probrably more attractive to potential players as a stepping stone to bigger things.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Bay Blue wrote:

Yes I agree their a massive club, much bigger than us, but the funny thing is that now we’re in the prem we’re financially a bigger club, and probrably more attractive to potential players as a stepping stone to bigger things.

Oh god yeah mate, they are geographically fucked.

We are mega lucky to be honest to be playing in the English Pyramid. Imagine we were in the Welsh Premier, Game Over.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:05 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bay Blue wrote:

We are mega lucky to be honest to be playing in the English Pyramid. Imagine we were in the Welsh Premier, Game Over.

Absolutely
They must be livid looking at the amount of cash we receive in the premier.
Even in the Championship I think we received more than them

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:31 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bay Blue wrote:

To put it in perspective the BBC pay Gary Linaker more than the give all of Scottish Football for the TV rights. At one time (70s) Rangers were the wealthiest club in the U.K.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Bay Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Bay Blue wrote:

Absolutely

I'm not sure about that fella to be honest,

Rangers got just under £2 Million for finishing 3rd in the SPL, had a nice sponsorship deal from 32 Red, and averaged 49,000. not sure we would have done better than them as a Championship Club. Shirt sales and other revenue on top of that, outside of the Premier League riches they batter us I think.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:36 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bay Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Bay Blue wrote:

Absolutely

I'm not sure about that fella to be honest,

Rangers got just under £2 Million for finishing 3rd in the SPL, had a nice sponsorship deal from 32 Red, and averaged 49,000. not sure we would have done better than them as a Championship Club. Shirt sales and other revenue on top of that, outside of the Premier League riches they batter us I think.

Agree with you mate :thumbup:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Rangers 6 Bury Town 0

Friendly last night

A crowd of 41,000 incredible

Let's be fair they are one massive club and I for one would love to see them and Celtic in the Premier,, even if we had to extend it to 22 clubs

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Same size crowd that was at the Sweden England semi this afternoon.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:02 pm

They were there to watch bury town. Probably the best team they've played in their shitty league apart from Celtic of course who beat them every time

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Crap gate. There will be twice as many at Taffs Well in a few weeks. ;)

You've heard about the touts selling hundreds in the Rhondda for the price of a pint, they're everywhere tbh.