“ My opinion on Vincent Tan “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:36 pm

My opinion for what it’s worth :bluescarf:

At this current moment.

I don’t hate or dislike Vincent Tan anymore, but I will never ever worship Tan or even contemplate singing his name.

No owner or fan is bigger than our great club and we should all unite and just enjoy watching Cardiff City and leave the politics aside now :bluebird:

Tan got us in a bigger debt than we already were and the Rebrand was my worst days of following Cardiff City.

I could not enjoy the Premier League last time when it should of been my greatest time of filling Cardiff City in 45 years.

Thankfully we are now back to BLUE, due to continuous fan pressure from some of our fans :bluescarf:

Our debt is now coming down drastically thanks to promotion to the Premier League and Tan then doing what he said he would do and bringing it down to £50mill.

I said a year ago I would hardly talk about Tan again and just enjoy my football which I have done :thumbright: :bluebird:

But I have read topics on here that certain posters have gone quiet, well I honestly can’t be bothered going over the same old stuff.

Let’s enjoy the Premier League, Support the boys in BLUE and back NEIL WARNOCK no matter how the season goes :thumbright: :bluebird:

That’s all I intend to say on Tan, no malice from me or sarcasm regarding Tan, I won’t be drawn in to the same old arguments and debates :bluebird:

Let’s get the stadium rocking all season like it was v Reading, made me very proud to be a BLUEBIRD :bluebird:

ITS ONWARDS & UPWARDS FOR CARDIFF CITY & OUR GREAT LOYAL FANS :thumbright: :bluebird:
Attachments
227A022B-86FC-4F8B-81FF-74A1E4F1EEC0.jpeg
227A022B-86FC-4F8B-81FF-74A1E4F1EEC0.jpeg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 5012 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: My opinion on Vincent Tan

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:44 pm

cant really fault that.

the club is progressing and things have gone remarkably well for us recently, Tan has played as much as a part in that as anyone else, whats happened in the past should be left there and all move forward together :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
paulh_85

Postby bluebird7291 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:45 pm

I get that. And agree to a point. My view is simply early doors was alot of miss management. And having yes men around him.
But anyone who accepts their mistakes in my eyes and rectifies them, I'll give a second chance.

But personally I can't fault him now. After all the hate he got (for obvious reasons. And rightly so) he's turned the club around to meet FFP. Also clearing out debt as promised.

I don't know many people who would do what he's done after all the stick he received.
bluebird7291

Re: “ My opinion on Vincent Tan “

Postby RV Casual » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:59 pm

Well said mate, onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
RV Casual

Postby Mikeconway » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:09 pm

As long as they stick by Warnock whatever happens, he deserves the full season in the premiership
Mikeconway

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:10 pm

For all his faults and silly ideas he is far from being a bad owner in context of some owners at other clubs who refuse to change or move out despite years of protest from fans :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Bay Blue » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:10 pm

I agree time to draw a line, time for unity.
Well said Annis
Bay Blue

Postby sir ninian » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:15 pm

I despised Tan and that shocking rebrand,but time is a great healer.Time for everyone to unite and enjoy the future,great times are ahead hopefully. :bluebird: :bluebird:
sir ninian

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:16 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:I get that. And agree to a point. My view is simply early doors was alot of miss management. And having yes men around him.
But anyone who accepts their mistakes in my eyes and rectifies them, I'll give a second chance.

But personally I can't fault him now. After all the hate he got (for obvious reasons. And rightly so) he's turned the club around to meet FFP. Also clearing out debt as promised.

I don't know many people who would do what he's done after all the stick he received.

I like this post as quite rightly tans biggest plus point to me is the amount of abuse and hatred he received most and I mean most would have walked away
Any way as op has stated it's every single bluebird to unite and make this a memorable season
CMON CITY :D :old: :bluescarf:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:19 pm

Fair play Annis your spot on, at the moment in time Tan is what's good for the club and we are progressing on and off the pitch.

I also don't see the need to sing and shout his name either but then I suppose Sam had a few chants so some sections of our fans enjoy that type of thing.

I think if a man can admit his mistake and make right his wrong (and to a degree the wrong of others) then that's good enough for me.

Now onwards and upwards to the premiership in blue :bluescarf: :occasion5:
2blue2handle

Postby bullerlever » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:12 pm

I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason. He dropped a huge clamber with re brand but realised his fault. However he stuck around with a debt ridden club and now have all come out the other side
bullerlever

Postby Charlie Harper » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:24 pm

I lost 5 seasons due to the rebrand but now Vinny is up there with the best owners of a club like a Jack Walker or Dave Wheelan.

To write off the £66-4M debt is something that we as Cardiff City fans would do if we were billionaires, but we never will be so for Vinny to do this means he is a superb owner and IMO nobody should ever doubt him again.

Asian folk are as genuine as any and I should know as I married one

Vincent Tan we salute you :occasion5:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Only the multi's dissing Tan now. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby droyal » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:01 pm

Fair play Annis, nice post, we all have our view on things, right or wrong, who decides that, they are our views, I like Tan, but fully understand your points, :ayatollah: :bluebird: :thumbup:
droyal

Postby maccydee » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:25 pm

Typical of the man (Annis) to front up like this.

Good words.

Onwards and upwards pretty much as one behind the whole club.

A word has to be said about Neil Warnock who has performed miracles and when legendary status is talked about this man has to be afforded this status.
maccydee

Postby bullerlever » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:44 pm

I meant clanger btw
bullerlever

Postby Paul Keevil » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:58 pm

I think credit to you here Annis.

I am sure some of those comments may have been hard but as you say we have an exciting new future ahead of us.

Possibly like yourself, I have been supporting the club since around 1973 and I can't remember any time where I felt so positive about our future.

The futures bright. The futures Blue!
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Carlossus » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Nice to see varied opinions whatever they were put behind us.I sense a great oneness developing, fans management and board.lets hope it snowballs to something stronger than we have ever had. Lets stay united and unleash this momentum on the premier come what may.
Carlossus

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Have to agree with Annis on this. Tan has certainly made up for his rebrand cock up. Onwards and upwards.
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby Woody CCFC » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:12 pm

I'm just glad sleazy Hamman is not our chairman .
Woody CCFC

Postby Pulisnewport » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Super time to be a City supporter the club from top to the bottom is on the rise.

Long overdue and only means things can get better.

Time for all of us to put issues to bed and be together.

Roll on the PL
Pulisnewport

Postby valleyrambill » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:27 pm

I have hated Tan ever since the red and the way he treated Malky and in public and in my view costing us relegation and making us a joke for a few years.

However it was his last interview I was impressed with he apologised and I think he meant it so I have to respect any person man enough to say I am sorry I made mistakes and I want to make things better and he seems to be.

So as long as he sticks by Warnock in saying that the supporters have too as well if we are bottom at Christmas lets stick by him as he wants us to stay up more than any manager Tan could get in and imagine the wages they would take, Warnock has a very young and exciting team on the build and I am now excited.

The players look happy and enjoying their time Warnock and his coaches are and we all need too expect the worst so anything else is a bonus we are Cardiff City lets have fun in the league with the big boys
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:33 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:I get that. And agree to a point. My view is simply early doors was alot of miss management. And having yes men around him.

Well said :thumbright:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby Milkybarkid » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:I'm just glad sleazy Hamman is not our chairman .

100% agree but some see him as a saint
Milkybarkid

Postby StaffBluebird » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:40 pm

The truth is anyone who would look to knock Tan would make themselves look a burk.

The only think Tan has ever done to hurt some here... Is not invite them to meetings go to local clubs with the supporters , like that cretin Sam the Man;Fooling so many that he actually cared for the club, what fans thought...

One doesnt need to worship Tan. Just respect the man and be so very thankful he's our owner and not that crook and cretin.
StaffBluebird

Postby Dobbin » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Said before never a lover or a hater of Tan - it’s the club I support not the owner.

He is done good and bad but more so recently has United a fractious club much to do with poor decisions he made early doors.

The club have moved massively forward over the last eighteen months or so and long may or continue.

Everyone has opinions and should have freedom to exercise and should be respected whatever.

Onwards and upwards :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Dobbin

Postby wez1927 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My opinion for what it’s worth :bluescarf:

At this current moment.

I don’t hate or dislike Vincent Tan anymore, but I will never ever worship Tan or even contemplate singing his name.

No owner or fan is bigger than our great club and we should all unite and just enjoy watching Cardiff City and leave the politics aside now :bluebird:

Tan got us in a bigger debt than we already were and the Rebrand was my worst days of following Cardiff City.

I could not enjoy the Premier League last time when it should of been my greatest time of filling Cardiff City in 45 years.

Thankfully we are now back to BLUE, due to continuous fan pressure from some of our fans :bluescarf:

Our debt is now coming down drastically thanks to promotion to the Premier League and Tan then doing what he said he would do and bringing it down to £50mill.

I said a year ago I would hardly talk about Tan again and just enjoy my football which I have done :thumbright: :bluebird:

But I have read topics on here that certain posters have gone quiet, well I honestly can’t be bothered going over the same old stuff.

Let’s enjoy the Premier League, Support the boys in BLUE and back NEIL WARNOCK no matter how the season goes :thumbright: :bluebird:

That’s all I intend to say on Tan, no malice from me or sarcasm regarding Tan, I won’t be drawn in to the same old arguments and debates :bluebird:

Let’s get the stadium rocking all season like it was v Reading, made me very proud to be a BLUEBIRD :bluebird:

ITS ONWARDS & UPWARDS FOR CARDIFF CITY & OUR GREAT LOYAL FANS :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tan made mistakes but has massively rectified them at his own cost ,the club atm is in the best place ever ,really looking foward to this season i think its going to be a great one and we will shock a few teams
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby maccydee » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My opinion for what it’s worth :bluescarf:

At this current moment.

Tan made mistakes but has massively rectified them at his own cost ,the club atm is in the best place ever ,really looking foward to this season i think its going to be a great one and we will shock a few teams

Imagine we were the top of people who liked to say we told you so Wez?
maccydee

Postby brickyblue » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Supporting city is like being on a rollacoster many ups and downs over the years.
The Tan years for the first part were just awful my worst times as a city fan since 1978 what he did to us hurt me badly and always will hurt I hated it all .
I like others put up a fight and one.
Now we have to move on for all are sakes and if you love the club you also have to move on.
No point still beating on about stuff its done in the past I'll never fully forgive or forget what he did but I have found a way to move forward and its the only way really .
Enjoy the good times while you can and in blue I will :bluescarf:
brickyblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:14 pm

I just hope people giving him credit now don't jump on any excuse to bash him or have a dig as soon as we have a few bad results.
2blue2handle

Next

Return to General Chat