Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ My opinion on Vincent Tan “

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:53 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
pontyclunblue wrote:I agree throwing money at it does not always solve the problem, but do you seriously think we would be in this position now, Premier League, a stable financial position if it was not for Tan's money. In my opinion definitely not.

Most likely not although no one can predict where we would be now for certainty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:02 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I will never sing his name or put him on a pedastel like some are doing here.

We are where we are today because of the likes of Dalman and Choo. They are the driving forces and they are the ones who deserve our thanks. For me the only thing Tan has done right is listen to those 2.

And who put them in place :shock:

Because he had too. Look how many time he made a mess of it before he got it right.

With respect, is Tan the ONLY person ever to make a mistake and rectify it in a proper manner? :? :shock:

Somehow I doubt it as most people (certainly including me) have made misjudgements in our lives and later had to (a) hold our hands up; even if it ground us to the core in doing so, and (b) done the right thing in the end

Many of us work in environments where mistakes can have serious and often life-threatening consequences; but is that really the case with what went on in the early days of Vincent Tan?

Somehow, I think not!

People still living in the past on this matter should ask themselves a simple question...

How would YOU feel if YOU made a business mistake/misjudgement (no matter how manifested) and no matter how hard you tried to rectify it and (as in this case) and others continued to dine out on your mistake even though you had apologised, rectified said error and then improved the situation to a level far better than it was before the mistake was made?

Seems a fair question to me and anyone who has ever been forgiven for making a misjudgement/mistake should appreciate what a climb down Vincent Tan has actually undertaken and appreciate he didn't HAVE to do it!

It also seems (and there certainly has been fan pressure applied here) that Vincent Tan has learned from his mistakes and has now made Cardiff City FC a club that is being run in the right way for the first time in my long memory!

I won't be singing his name but equally I won't be bringing the past up continually just because it is me that cannot let things go.

Life, as I've learned all too clearly in the last few years, is simply too short!

It could be worse. We could be 'Jacks'; so enjoy what we have and bask in the glory of today! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:06 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:
pontyclunblue wrote:Dalman and Choo have done a great job for sure, but how anyone can say it is down to them and not Tan as well is beyond me, Tan has put the money in, nobody else, and a lot of money too.

People blame Tan when things go wrong and praise others when things go right He is far from be worse thing that has happened to this club The hooligans who blighted this club did far more harm to City than tan ever did yet they think they are the life and soul of the club

From what I am seeing everyone is falling in love with Tan.

And why wouldn’t they?

What more will it take?

Want him to bend over and take one up the jacksy while he saves the club from liquidation, subsidises the club, improves the stadium, improves the team, clears the debt, gets us to the Premiership, employs good people, unites the club (although he did a lot to divide the club it was already fractious under Sam and the Riddler)?

You are being daft mate. He literally cannot do more and you are just being stubborn for stubborns sake.

Sir Vincent has improved the club immeasurably on and off the pitch. It is him who is responsible as he is/was the debt and the poor management beforehand.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:52 am

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I will never sing his name or put him on a pedastel like some are doing here.

We are where we are today because of the likes of Dalman and Choo. They are the driving forces and they are the ones who deserve our thanks. For me the only thing Tan has done right is listen to those 2.

Because he had too. Look how many time he made a mess of it before he got it right.

With respect, is Tan the ONLY person ever to make a mistake and rectify it in a proper manner? :? :shock:

Somehow I doubt it as most people (certainly including me) have made misjudgements in our lives and later had to (a) hold our hands up; even if it ground us to the core in doing so, and (b) done the right thing in the end

Many of us work in environments where mistakes can have serious and often life-threatening consequences; but is that really the case with what went on in the early days of Vincent Tan?

Somehow, I think not!

People still living in the past on this matter should ask themselves a simple question...

How would YOU feel if YOU made a business mistake/misjudgement (no matter how manifested) and no matter how hard you tried to rectify it and (as in this case) and others continued to dine out on your mistake even though you had apologised, rectified said error and then improved the situation to a level far better than it was before the mistake was made?

Seems a fair question to me and anyone who has ever been forgiven for making a misjudgement/mistake should appreciate what a climb down Vincent Tan has actually undertaken and appreciate he didn't HAVE to do it!

It also seems (and there certainly has been fan pressure applied here) that Vincent Tan has learned from his mistakes and has now made Cardiff City FC a club that is being run in the right way for the first time in my long memory!

I won't be singing his name but equally I won't be bringing the past up continually just because it is me that cannot let things go.

Life, as I've learned all too clearly in the last few years, is simply too short!

It could be worse. We could be 'Jacks'; so enjoy what we have and bask in the glory of today! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I agree it really is time to let bygones be bygones and not let mistakes from the past taint the present.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:56 am

castleblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Somehow, I think not!

I agree it really is time to let bygones be bygones and not let mistakes from the past taint the present.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Exactly, put the past where it belongs. Let's move forward to greater success and we can only do that if we're all together as one, Vinnie included!

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:43 pm

All about the club. Owners come and go. But for now, he’s doing a good job. Likewise the board and Warnock. Onwards and upwards. If we survive next season that’s another massive push in the right direction, both for the fans and financially.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Yes I agree.

The feel good factor is really coming back.

He is now doing a good job.

If he replaced the red seats with blue ones and gave us our pre rebrand badge back he would doing a very good job!

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

:clap: :clap:

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My opinion for what it’s worth :bluescarf:

At this current moment.

I don’t hate or dislike Vincent Tan anymore, but I will never ever worship Tan or even contemplate singing his name.

No owner or fan is bigger than our great club and we should all unite and just enjoy watching Cardiff City and leave the politics aside now :bluebird:

Tan got us in a bigger debt than we already were and the Rebrand was my worst days of following Cardiff City.

I could not enjoy the Premier League last time when it should of been my greatest time of filling Cardiff City in 45 years.

Thankfully we are now back to BLUE, due to continuous fan pressure from some of our fans :bluescarf:

Our debt is now coming down drastically thanks to promotion to the Premier League and Tan then doing what he said he would do and bringing it down to £50mill.

I said a year ago I would hardly talk about Tan again and just enjoy my football which I have done :thumbright: :bluebird:

But I have read topics on here that certain posters have gone quiet, well I honestly can’t be bothered going over the same old stuff.

Let’s enjoy the Premier League, Support the boys in BLUE and back NEIL WARNOCK no matter how the season goes :thumbright: :bluebird:

That’s all I intend to say on Tan, no malice from me or sarcasm regarding Tan, I won’t be drawn in to the same old arguments and debates :bluebird:

Let’s get the stadium rocking all season like it was v Reading, made me very proud to be a BLUEBIRD :bluebird:

ITS ONWARDS & UPWARDS FOR CARDIFF CITY & OUR GREAT LOYAL FANS :thumbright: :bluebird:

Annis we have had many arguments over Vincent Tan spanning more than half a decade. With regard to the above you have every right not to like Tan (personal choice) and not to sing his name.

I also agree the rebrand years were the worst in our history despite winning the Championship and appearing in the PL. I agree again that this time will seem very special playing in blue in the PL.

It is true that VT caused the debt BUT he has taken responsibility and addressed it out of his own pocket.

I also agree that the return to Blue was largely due to fan pressure Bluebirds Unite, CCST etc.

However, I told you many times that the only way ahead was to forget the bitterness and unite behind the club, Thankfully you seem to have finally come around and I respect that massively :thumbup:

The wind is sailing behind this club ATM so hopefully the next 10 years will see this club go to new levels and even see us win some silverware and play in Europe

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:04 am

It seems to me , this bitterness toward Tan as got to end.
He did wrong he admits it, and I think he regrets it very much.
He treated us like a business, but he has found out (thanks to the fans) that we are not.
Red now like it or not is part of our history , the same as Sam changing our badge and wanting us to move to Dublin ??????.
The past as gone , it's only use now is to help guide us to a better future . The lessons Tan as learnt ,will hold him in good stead and hopefully , in the very near future, we can forgive (not forget) and move on. Enjoying Cardiff City #stronger together
(sorry FAW), he is now in my eyes the best owner we have ever had, he may have run up a huge debt , which he is now rectifying , but he has not taken a penny out of the club , but has put plenty of pennies in.
No other owner has ever done this for our club , in my knowledge.
Compared to most other foreign club owners , I think we are lucky to have him , I would hate to think where we would be without him , stepping in , in 2009 .