Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ My opinion on Vincent Tan “

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:38 pm

I will never sing his name or put him on a pedastel like some are doing here.

We are where we are today because of the likes of Dalman and Choo. They are the driving forces and they are the ones who deserve our thanks. For me the only thing Tan has done right is listen to those 2.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I will never sing his name or put him on a pedastel like some are doing here.

We are where we are today because of the likes of Dalman and Choo. They are the driving forces and they are the ones who deserve our thanks. For me the only thing Tan has done right is listen to those 2.

And who put them in place :shock:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I will never sing his name or put him on a pedastel like some are doing here.

Because he had too. Look how many time he made a mess of it before he got it right.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Because he had too. Look how many time he made a mess of it before he got it right.

Yup I think this thread is acknowledging he got things wrong and made it right. Many clubs are still struggling to get it right.

If putting Choo and Dalman in place means he got it right it shows he wouldn't stop until had the right people, many owners give up. We can only be grateful we have an owner in place who has created a successful structure at the club, which in my opinion is what an owner should do?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Yup I think this thread is acknowledging he got things wrong and made it right. Many clubs are still struggling to get it right.

If putting Choo and Dalman in place means he got it right it shows he wouldn't stop until had the right people, many owners give up. We can only be grateful we have an owner in place who has created a successful structure at the club, which in my opinion is what an owner should do?

As i said Luke if he leave us in a good place like he said then I will applaud him. Let's wait for that day to see if he is true to his word.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:56 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

As i said Luke if he leave us in a good place like he said then I will applaud him. Let's wait for that day to see if he is true to his word.

Or lets hope he stays.

We knows Sam's debt "went when he left".

What do you want from an owner to make you happy?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:59 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

We are already in a pretty good place. Best we have been for a long time if not ever. He has been true to his word on many occasions. No reason why he wouldn’t.

Personally I don’t want him to leave.
Last edited by maccydee on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Or lets hope he stays.

He wants a seat on the board that would make ian happy and a free season ticket :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Or lets hope he stays.

Many of us waited a long long time for top flight football only for it to be spoilt. So at least respect that Luke.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Or lets hope he stays.

He wants a seat on the board that would make ian happy and a free season ticket :lol:

And here he comes on time Mr Sun Tan nose.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Or lets hope he stays.

Many of us waited a long long time for top flight football only for it to be spoilt. So at least respect that Luke.

Respect what? You have it.

You haven't answered the question on what you want from an owner?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Or lets hope he stays.

Well an apology for the rebrand would bring closure to the subject.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Or lets hope he stays.

So a few words for you personally (who belive he hasn't apologised when most do) is more important than the actual running of the club?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:23 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Or lets hope he stays.

And here he comes on time Mr Sun Tan nose.

:lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Or lets hope he stays.

So a few words for you personally (who belive he hasn't apologised when most do) is more important than the actual running of the club?

And the rest Luke. The ones who have said he apologised are those who had their noses right up his backside from the start.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Or lets hope he stays.

And the rest Luke. The ones who have said he apologised are those who had their noses right up his backside from the start.

Your comedy tonight :lol: cheer up misery gutts ffs even annis has cheered up ,bluebirds!

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:39 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Or lets hope he stays.

Your comedy tonight :lol: cheer up misery gutts ffs even annis has cheered up ,bluebirds!

I'm quite happy the way the club is going thanks to Dalman ans Choo. I've just got a bit of a damper with sun Tan noses from the start. I will always have that.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:07 am

That in itself is the truth and the answer you are looking for :banghead:

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:26 am

Didn’t Dalman tell Tan to sign Ole, and when he did said he felt like the cat that had the cream? Yet Baker has forgiven Dalman but not Tan? If you’re that bitter, I suggest you go and support your local team County? As Annis said in his thread we must now unite and support the BlueBirds!

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:08 am

Dalman and Choo have done a great job for sure, but how anyone can say it is down to them and not Tan as well is beyond me, Tan has put the money in, nobody else, and a lot of money too.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:12 am

pontyclunblue wrote:Dalman and Choo have done a great job for sure, but how anyone can say it is down to them and not Tan as well is beyond me, Tan has put the money in, nobody else, and a lot of money too.

People blame Tan when things go wrong and praise others when things go right He is far from be worse thing that has happened to this club The hooligans who blighted this club did far more harm to City than tan ever did yet they think they are the life and soul of the club

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:36 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:Didn’t Dalman tell Tan to sign Ole, and when he did said he felt like the cat that had the cream? Yet Baker has forgiven Dalman but not Tan? If you’re that bitter, I suggest you go and support your local team County? As Annis said in his thread we must now unite and support the BlueBirds!

Different situation all together and how you can compare that to the rebrand is beyond me.

If I recall right the appointment of Ole was welcomed, the fans got behind him and unfortunately it did not work. Such is football.

The rebrand was an agenda setup by one person who was well advised not to follow it through. It was doomed from the start and it is a shame the decision was not U turned the same time given to the Ole experiment.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:42 am

pontyclunblue wrote:Dalman and Choo have done a great job for sure, but how anyone can say it is down to them and not Tan as well is beyond me, Tan has put the money in, nobody else, and a lot of money too.

Throwing money at it does not solve the problem most times. Tan has been careless if truth be known and has turned to a close friend in Dalman to sort it out. This is turning out to be the best decision he has done since being with us. Also adding to that Choo has done a great job uniting the club. I loved the way he questioned Slade who was a Tan decision. Choo comes over very diplomatic and looks like a yes man but he is far from that.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:44 am

Milkybarkid wrote:

People blame Tan when things go wrong and praise others when things go right He is far from be worse thing that has happened to this club The hooligans who blighted this club did far more harm to City than tan ever did yet they think they are the life and soul of the club

From what I am seeing everyone is falling in love with Tan.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:49 am

I agree throwing money at it does not always solve the problem, but do you seriously think we would be in this position now, Premier League, a stable financial position if it was not for Tan's money. In my opinion definitely not.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 am

pontyclunblue wrote:I agree throwing money at it does not always solve the problem, but do you seriously think we would be in this position now, Premier League, a stable financial position if it was not for Tan's money. In my opinion definitely not.

Most likely not although no one can predict where we would be now for certainty.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:

From what I am seeing everyone is falling in love with Tan.

I've been a fan since '73 and I cannot remember such genuine optimism shared by all fans not just those that thought Hamman was the messiah .I've not agreed with what he did with the rebrand by any means but you've got to say this guy has integrity like no other fella that owned our club and as time goes on the more people see it.I'm beginning to think that eventually we might even be more than makeweight in the premier league.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:57 am

[quote][/quote]From what I am seeing everyone is falling in love with Tan.

And from what I am seeing there is still one bitter man holding a grudge to something that happened 5 years ago, yes he made huge mistakes then, it is now what matters though and the future, noone is falling in love with in love with Tan what a stupid thing to say.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:21 am

Christ I remember well the 70's, 80s and 90's when we had owners who did not have a pot to piss in, the thought that we would be one day be in the Premier League was a pipedream. Thank you Neal Warnock, Mehmet, Shoo, everyone involved in the running of Cardiff City AND Vincent Tan for making that dream a reality.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:50 am

pontyclunblue wrote:Christ I remember well the 70's, 80s and 90's when we had owners who did not have a pot to piss in, the thought that we would be one day be in the Premier League was a pipedream. Thank you Neal Warnock, Mehmet, Shoo, everyone involved in the running of Cardiff City AND Vincent Tan for making that dream a reality.

Exactly