Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

John Bostock/ Bursaspor to Toulouse

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:14 pm

What a crying shame, undoubtedly a real talent. Great age, just moved from Bursaspor to Toulouse for between 600,000-800,000 euros.
I know he's got the history of leaving Palace to join Spurs and all the bad feeling that ensued, but IMO would have made an amazing squad player.
Suppose NW wouldn't go for him due to his loyalty to Simon Jordan, which is understandable, but I'm sure that he will be a success with Toulouse.

Re: John Bostock/ Bursaspor to Toulouse

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:10 pm

That fee is peanuts for a player of his ability. What an opportunity missed!

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:44 pm

If he was that good he wouldn’t be going to Toulouse

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:If he was that good he wouldn’t be going to Toulouse

Although Toulouse has a poor season last season, they had been pushing the top 6 in Ligue 1 the past few seasons before that.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:41 pm

So there not very good then.

French ligue 1 is like the Spanish League were there’s 5-6 good teams the rest aren’t anything to talk about.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Llan_blue, that last comment made me chuckle.
Ligue 1 is like the Spanish league, 5-6 good teams, the rest not up to much.
Can I just edit that ever so slightly, Ligue 1 is like the PREMIER LEAGUE, 5-6 good teams, the rest not up to much.
Just because a player doesn't play for a top club doesn't automatically mean he can't play.
When I posted about John Bostock, I thought that given the transfer fee involved and the recent rumours of Bryson being bought for £2m, then given their relative ages and capabilities i.e squad players, John Bostock would have been a much better acquisition.