Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: England

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Every city games like an international now. If they win the world cup they'll be even more cocky.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Can't see a problem in wanting England to win
Last edited by MAESTEG BLUE on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:00 pm

maccydee wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
maccydee wrote:Plenty of English were supporting us in 2016. Certainly didn’t want us to lose. Small team mentality.

Why the small team mentality statement? Very provocative.

In your own words plenty were supporting which means others weren't so the mentality, whatever it is, is relevant.

I work in England and although plenty, as you said, were supporting us, that support was very much reduced when we beat Belgium.

I had colleagues saying well done, well done and then openly supporting Ronaldo as it would be awful for England if we won the tournament.

More the jocks really but a certain amount of our fans too.

Some of the posts on this board about England if on the other foot we would highlight as ridiculous. Hypocrisy really.

Not suggesting the Welsh fans are all sweetness and light. I was responding to your small team mentality statement when the English, in large numbers, also did not want us to win.

What was their mentality then?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:04 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:Can't see a problem in wanting England to ein

They is absolutely not but there are reasons as to why others do not. That spans more nations than just the Home Nations as well, I wonder why.

I'm a home nations support kinda guy but am not blinkered to notice what makes the "Anyone but England" brigade tick.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:05 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:
blue for you wrote:Having witnessed english fans attack welsh fans and having friends who have endured vile racism from the english- I could never support them.

Oh and of course the constant accepted racism is also a bind.

Witnessed many Welsh fans giving English fans terrible beatings at both Ninian Park and the old Wembley, you can’t blame a whole nation, also vile racism from welsh fans towards the English, you see it goes both ways. :bluebird:

Absolutely. Spot on. The anti English rhetoric is alive and well. And for a small minority it does go both ways. Small minded and bigoted. My family are a mix of Welsh and EnglIsh. We find any anti English/Welsh abuse as completely out of order. Thank god it’s just a small minority who are twa*s (on either side). Nothing wrong with banter but I’ve seen a few things written in here that are really offensive. Particularly to dual nationals.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:19 pm

Wayne S wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
maccydee wrote:Plenty of English were supporting us in 2016. Certainly didn’t want us to lose. Small team mentality.

Why the small team mentality statement? Very provocative.

In your own words plenty were supporting which means others weren't so the mentality, whatever it is, is relevant.

I work in England and although plenty, as you said, were supporting us, that support was very much reduced when we beat Belgium.

I had colleagues saying well done, well done and then openly supporting Ronaldo as it would be awful for England if we won the tournament.

More the jocks really but a certain amount of our fans too.

Some of the posts on this board about England if on the other foot we would highlight as ridiculous. Hypocrisy really.

Not suggesting the Welsh fans are all sweetness and light. I was responding to your small team mentality statement when the English, in large numbers, also did not want us to win.

What was their mentality then?

I’m not convinced that was the case. I work with loads of English people. Can’t remember even one acting like some of the posts I’ve seen on here.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:47 pm

maccydee wrote:I’m not convinced that was the case. I work with loads of English people. Can’t remember even one acting like some of the posts I’ve seen on here.

Can I ask where you work with loads of English people?

I'm in Bristol and just wondering if it was more a Cardiff/Bristol City thing more than a Wales /England thing.

They are not too happy with me at the moment and they dampen the pain by giving it large with England. :lol:

I even told them they would beat Sweden and they just saw it as me trying give them bad luck. I can't win. :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Wayne S wrote:
maccydee wrote:I’m not convinced that was the case. I work with loads of English people. Can’t remember even one acting like some of the posts I’ve seen on here.

I'm in Bristol and just wondering if it was more a Cardiff/Bristol City thing more than a Wales /England thing.

They are not too happy with me at the moment and they dampen the pain by giving it large with England. :lol:

I even told them they would beat Sweden and they just saw it as me trying give them bad luck. I can't win. :lol:

I’m in the RAF mate and Work with loads of English people. They were very supportive of Wales in the Euros apart from when we played them obviously.

To be fair I broke my wrist in Bordeaux and spent the next month off my tits on tramadol so I may be looking back incorrectly. Ha.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:37 pm

For god's sake we will have it rammed down our throats for the next hundred years plus.... :evil:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:03 pm

maccydee wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I’m in the RAF mate and Work with loads of English people. They were very supportive of Wales in the Euros apart from when we played them obviously.

To be fair I broke my wrist in Bordeaux and spent the next month off my tits on tramadol so I may be looking back incorrectly. Ha.

:lol:

Nah mate, I would expect nothing less from the armed forces. You have each other's back and support each other.

I'll put my experience down to those horrible Robins. :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:40 pm

Uncle Tom

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:48 pm

England can only beat what's in front of them but wow what an easy run they have had. Sweden were awful and offered nothing. Only decent team was Belgium.

Croatia will be interesting as they play a similar style.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:England can only beat what's in front of them but wow what an easy run they have had. Sweden were awful and offered nothing. Only decent team was Belgium.

Croatia will be interesting as they play a similar style.

I’m liking Belgium to win. Won all five games so far.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:54 pm

Wayne S wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

:lol:

Nah mate, I would expect nothing less from the armed forces. You have each other's back and support each other.

I'll put my experience down to those horrible Robins. :lol:

Yep those Worzels can be horrible gets.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:50 pm

actionman wrote:Welsh first British second

Not on your passport though

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:51 pm

City Slicker wrote:

Damn your right let's all support England :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Well done, you're picking it up fast :thumbup:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Hurrah.

I’m with that.

There’s nothing to hate about this England side.

There was nothing to hate about their fans in the Euros when we stood side by side.

Their media are being exactly the same as they were for Wales during the Euros.

Any hatred for them is pathetic.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:07 am

keano wrote:Not in Barry they don’t

Barry is a Liverpool hub they take their own coach to Liverpool games.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:50 am

Had it off them in the army only a hand full of us welsh,in training they bullied us big time glad to go to my regiment in the end I would never support the scum bags

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:29 am

keano wrote:Had it off them in the army only a hand full of us welsh,in training they bullied us big time glad to go to my regiment in the end I would never support the scum bags

I'm pretty certain you get that all throughout the world. Texans bullying Californians; Saxons bullying Swabians; Punjabis bullying Keralians; Catalans bullying Andalusians; Piedmontese bullying Calabrians; Muscovites bullying Siberians. There's probably few, if any, places in the world where you don't get regional bickering.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:48 am

This was different trust me