Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

England

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:13 pm

Sitting in a club in Barry and can’t believe how many welsh are supporting England what’s that all about crazy like

Re: England

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:18 pm

I’m shocked tbh :roll:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:22 pm

I can’t get my head around it

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Really can’t see any issue with it at all

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Guys It's Coming Home, just enjoy it :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Might go full throttle into them now

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Most people support Liverpool and Man Utd what’s the difference.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:42 pm

Not in Barry they don’t

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:43 pm

keano wrote:Not in Barry they don’t

Know every single person in Barry do you, ok niceone.
Last edited by BobbyBlue on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Having witnessed english fans attack welsh fans and having friends who have endured vile racism from the english- I could never support them.
Oh and of course the constant accepted racism is also a bind.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:47 pm

Success by association. It's why kids support winning clubs whatever city/town they represent.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:Really can’t see any issue with it at all

I can't understand the griping. We're British so it's just natural to support them. France v England final, any bets?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:57 pm

The commentators has just got to curtail the bombastic statements that rile the other home nations.

My missus is currently fuming because the commentator said; If you've just tuned in perhaps you've been reading a book. To you I say get a life.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:58 pm

I know i was down there and when I heard it thought Sweden had scored but I was shocked to see England had. I would support them but I don't like the majority of England fans as they are twats, their a minority who ain't bad but that's a few.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Aramore wrote:Guys It's Coming Home, just enjoy it :ayatollah:

It’s not our home

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:34 pm

keano wrote:Not in Barry they don’t

You can't live in Barry then. There are loads who support premiership teams over city in Barry

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:36 pm

I had a fiver on Maguire to score first at 33/1 so I’m well happy. :ayatollah: :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:55 pm

I'm English but brought up in Cardiff. I support all the home nations in every tournament. Many home nations are supporting England. Fair play.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Not a chance none of the home nations want England to win

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:29 pm

We are going to have 50yrs of hurt as i think they are going to win it,it,s written in the stars now final against belguim and the crab running miss machine sterling scores in 93rd minute. :o :banghead:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Plenty of English were supporting us in 2016. Certainly didn’t want us to lose. Small team mentality.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:58 pm

Always support them in all international tournaments we’re not in.

Pleased for them today and hope they go on to win it.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:27 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Always support them in all international tournaments we’re not in.

Pleased for them today and hope they go on to win it.

Same here - would never support them over Wales but as my mother is English and so are many of our players then I don't have a problem with hoping they do well. They aren't pretty to watch but they are effective; a bit like us really.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:36 pm

I’m a Cardiff fan but also a football fan. I’d support any British team in any competition. :thumbright:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:44 pm

maccydee wrote:Plenty of English were supporting us in 2016. Certainly didn’t want us to lose. Small team mentality.

Why the small team mentality statement? Very provocative.

In your own words plenty were supporting which means others weren't so the mentality, whatever it is, is relevant.

I work in England and although plenty, as you said, were supporting us, that support was very much reduced when we beat Belgium.

I had colleagues saying well done, well done and then openly supporting Ronaldo as it would be awful for England if we won the tournament.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:44 pm

blue for you wrote:Having witnessed english fans attack welsh fans and having friends who have endured vile racism from the english- I could never support them.

Witnessed many Welsh fans giving English fans terrible beatings at both Ninian Park and the old Wembley, you can’t blame a whole nation, also vile racism from welsh fans towards the English, you see it goes both ways. :bluebird:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Don’t see a problem in supporting the only British nation in the tournament. The welsh have far more in common with the English than they do the Columbians or the Scandinavians or Tunisians etc. Most of Wales support English PL teams such as Livershite and Manure :bluebird:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Wayne S wrote:
maccydee wrote:Plenty of English were supporting us in 2016. Certainly didn’t want us to lose. Small team mentality.

Why the small team mentality statement? Very provocative.

In your own words plenty were supporting which means others weren't so the mentality, whatever it is, is relevant.

I work in England and although plenty, as you said, were supporting us, that support was very much reduced when we beat Belgium.

I had colleagues saying well done, well done and then openly supporting Ronaldo as it would be awful for England if we won the tournament.

More the jocks really but a certain amount of our fans too.

Some of the posts on this board about England if on the other foot we would highlight as ridiculous. Hypocrisy really.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:
blue for you wrote:Having witnessed english fans attack welsh fans and having friends who have endured vile racism from the english- I could never support them.

Witnessed many Welsh fans giving English fans terrible beatings at both Ninian Park and the old Wembley, you can’t blame a whole nation, also vile racism from welsh fans towards the English, you see it goes both ways. :bluebird:

Not that it has anything to do with football but our hate is Born from 100's of years of oppression at their hands and in the reverse theirs is as a result of the attempts to continue that oppression because they think they have the right.

Colonisation, penal laws making it illegal to meet up and worst of all the Welsh Not.

But hey that was all years ago right. :wink: and nothing to do with football.

Cardiff fans STILL chant "Scabs" at the forest fans. Many youngsters won't k ow why but it still occurs.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Welsh first British second