You want us to support them! :bluebird:
Lengee

Re: Well done England , hope you win it

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby City Slicker » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:My take on it is the Welsh have for more in common than they have with the Belgiums, the French, or Croatians. So if they do win it we’ll done to them. It will give English football which Cardiff City are part of, a massive worldwide boost :bluebird:

Absolutely right they're from the same nation for a start. However, we are very much European too so there is commonality.
City Slicker

Postby Carlossus » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Congratulations England
Carlossus

Postby CityBlue93 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:My take on it is the Welsh have for more in common than they have with the Belgiums, the French, or Croatians. So if they do win it we’ll done to them. It will give English football which Cardiff City are part of, a massive worldwide boost :bluebird:

Absolutely right they're from the same nation for a start. However, we are very much European too so there is commonality.

Yeah too right.. lets support the team near us as we're in the 'same nation'.. Look forward to August where no doubt everyone making this ridiculous statement will be supporting swansea when Cardiff aren't playing... we're in the same nation as the jacks right? same area of Wales and all :banghead:
CityBlue93

Postby City Slicker » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Yeah too right.. lets support the team near us as we're in the 'same nation'.. Look forward to August where no doubt everyone making this ridiculous statement will be supporting swansea when Cardiff aren't playing... we're in the same nation as the jacks right? same area of Wales and all :banghead:

Ridiculous post, not even an analogy! No, not the team near us but the team which is part of our own nation playing against foreigners. Swansea don't play any international matches last I heard :roll:
City Slicker

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:33 pm

Big game Wednesday night - TV viewing figs will go through the roof !!!
TopCat CCFC

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:10 pm

City Slicker wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Ridiculous post, not even an analogy! No, not the team near us but the team which is part of our own nation playing against foreigners. Swansea don't play any international matches last I heard :roll:

At least the people of Croatia do not call us sheep shagging cave dwellers. ;)
Steve Zodiak

Postby City Slicker » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:30 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

At least the people of Croatia do not call us sheep shagging cave dwellers. ;)

Know them well, do you? ;) I know a bloke from Split who calls us that all the time except he can't say "sheep" he says "ovca"!
City Slicker

Postby CityBlue93 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:20 pm

City Slicker wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Not ridiculous.. Swansea were in the europa a few years back were you supporting them then?
CityBlue93

Postby City Slicker » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Not ridiculous.. Swansea were in the europa a few years back were you supporting them then?

Of course, a British team playing foreigners :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby CityBlue93 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:10 pm

City Slicker wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

:laughing6: If thats actually the case then fair enough to you, not for me though
CityBlue93

Postby City Slicker » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:20 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

:laughing6: If thats actually the case then fair enough to you, not for me though

:wave: no worries mate, whatever turns you on
City Slicker

Postby CityBlue93 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:34 pm

City Slicker wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

:wave: no worries mate, whatever turns you on

Well it's not jacks playing in europe, unlike some :laughing5:
CityBlue93

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 am

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and there's no point being a keyboard warrior about it.

I would never support England in anything.
I don't hate English people but I do hate England in football terms.
If you have a genuine connection with England ( mother, father etc ) then I completely understand it.
What I don't understand is why you'd want our biggest rivals to win the world cup.
It just gives them ammunition to wind us up every single week next season.
The media and the pundits will talk about it for 50 years and it will be all over the tv for months.

I hope they get hammered by a record score.

COME ON CROATIA!!!
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby AJ1927 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:26 pm

For my english friends and family id be happy for them... for everyone else :wave: Couldnt give a toss
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it,not as you know it,
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it Jim.
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim,Red Jim,
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim Red.
AJ1927

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:37 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Lengee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:40 pm

Well they didn't and ENGLAND'S COMING HOME.
They came up short- good effort but no cigar :bluebird: :thumbup: :wave:
Lengee

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:48 pm

Well, they beat the mighty Panama & Tunisia, a tidy win against Sweden but when they played the decent sides came up short once again. Drew with Colombia, lost to Belgium, lost to Croatia. The English media will be suicidal after this. Still, we can re-live the 1966 World Cup for another four years and watch Geoff Hurst score his millionth hat trick against W Germany. Feel some sympathy towards Southgate and his players, but not the media and the way they over hyped the England side just as they do in every tournament.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Bananas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:03 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Well, they beat the mighty Panama & Tunisia, a tidy win against Sweden but when they played the decent sides came up short once again. Drew with Colombia, lost to Belgium, lost to Croatia. The English media will be suicidal after this. Still, we can re-live the 1966 World Cup for another four years and watch Geoff Hurst score his millionth hat trick against W Germany. Feel some sympathy towards Southgate and his players, but not the media and the way they over hyped the England side just as they do in every tournament.

Top post. It's the media that wind everyone up
Bananas

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Bananas wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Well, they beat the mighty Panama & Tunisia, a tidy win against Sweden but when they played the decent sides came up short once again. Drew with Colombia, lost to Belgium, lost to Croatia. The English media will be suicidal after this. Still, we can re-live the 1966 World Cup for another four years and watch Geoff Hurst score his millionth hat trick against W Germany. Feel some sympathy towards Southgate and his players, but not the media and the way they over hyped the England side just as they do in every tournament.

Top post. It's the media that wind everyone up

I think Roy Keane thinks roughly the same as most of us. I like the manager and the players, but the media and most of the pundits make me want to microwave my head.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Wayne S » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:..... I like the manager and the players, but the media and most of the pundits make me want to microwave my head.

Perfectly put.

I have English work colleagues that I was honestly excited for as I knew how it felt from 2 years ago. But the English media just go overboard both putting them on a pedestalwhen winning or vilifying them when losing
Wayne S

Postby Dessy1927 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Well personally I’m sick of it’s coming home ringing in my head. Actually ear wormed me today so I’d like to suggest somebody come up with a chant about it not bloody coming home that we can throw at every prem team we play next season. All in good baby’s obviously
Dessy1927

Postby Dessy1927 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 pm

Bants screw You predictive
Dessy1927

Postby AfricanBluebird » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:47 pm

pontyclunblue wrote:I hate the Jocks more than the English, that probably started with Joe Jordan, well done England.

My lord, remember 'that' incident. What a cheating little creep he was. Disgusting.

Never liked the scots since then.

Also, never liked Wrexham since they more or less ended Carl Dales career, he was never the same after being taken out by them
AfricanBluebird

Previous

Return to General Chat