Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fair play to McCoist

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Excellent commentary and great comments by Allie McCoist.
I criticised the abysmal commentary by Clive Tylsdale (or whatever his name is), but tonight it was very good.
The Croatians bruised and battered and absurdly knackered with 1/2 the team missing to forward to play England!
How lucky have England been.!!!!
Bad luck Russia they have 100% :thumbup:
Can I say come in Croatia ( before Bananas!) even though Is be amazed if they beat a full strength England. :bluebird: :wave:

Re: Fair play to McCoist

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:37 pm

I thought he was shocking. More captain obvious than Owen

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:57 pm

Lengee wrote:Excellent commentary and great comments by Allie McCoist.
I criticised the abysmal commentary by Clive Tylsdale (or whatever his name is), but tonight it was very good.
The Croatians bruised and battered and absurdly knackered with 1/2 the team missing to forward to play England!
How lucky have England been.!!!!
Bad luck Russia they have 100% :thumbup:
Can I say come in Croatia ( before Bananas!) even though Is be amazed if they beat a full strength England. :bluebird: :wave:

I thought he was good too but I can't abide that tw*t Champion who was with him

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:58 pm

Yup thought he was decent.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:59 am

I thought he was quite good but get a bit fed when him and the commentator try to outsmart each other with trivial facts when they should be concentrating on the game.

I have to say that the standard of commentating is appalling, with for me Guy Mowbray being the worst.

It is understandable that they get over excitable when England are doing well but there is a fine line between that and smugness/crowing, which really turns my stomach and has be diving for the mute button on the remote.

Going back to McCoist, he is one of the better co-commentators and you usually get a balanced viewpoint from him. By general consensus, I think Mark Lawrenson is the worst, although Martin Keown is not too far behind.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:18 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:I thought he was quite good but get a bit fed when him and the commentator try to outsmart each other with trivial facts when they should be concentrating on the game.

I have to say that the standard of commentating is appalling, with for me Guy Mowbray being the worst.

It is understandable that they get over excitable when England are doing well but there is a fine line between that and smugness/crowing, which really turns my stomach and has be diving for the mute button on the remote.

Going back to McCoist, he is one of the better co-commentators and you usually get a balanced viewpoint from him. By general consensus, I think Mark Lawrenson is the worst, although Martin Keown is not too far behind.

Good post. It's a particular gripe of mine that these so called "commentators" rarely provide commentary on the game because they're usually too busy spouting so called "facts" which are usually not relevant and boring.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:45 pm

City Slicker wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:I thought he was quite good but get a bit fed when him and the commentator try to outsmart each other with trivial facts when they should be concentrating on the game.

Good post. It's a particular gripe of mine that these so called "commentators" rarely provide commentary on the game because they're usually too busy spouting so called "facts" which are usually not relevant and boring.

And a good post by you Mr. Slicker as it’s a pet hate of mine too. The worst for me is the guy from Sky - Martin Tyler - he just rambles on and on about anything that’s not the match. Bugs the hell out of me.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:55 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

And a good post by you Mr. Slicker as it’s a pet hate of mine too. The worst for me is the guy from Sky - Martin Tyler - he just rambles on and on about anything that’s not the match. Bugs the hell out of me.

Agree mate, he's on my hate list too :thumbup: Jonathan Pierce can be stuffed where the sun doesn't shine as well.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:38 am

City Slicker wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Agree mate, he's on my hate list too :thumbup: Jonathan Pierce can be stuffed where the sun doesn't shine as well.

:lol: ..... hate list! I’ll have to make one of those!
Agree about Pierce as well. His voice grinds me.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:26 am

I always turn the sound down. Not interested in what commentators and pundits have to say. The game is there for all to see.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:23 am

Cristy, decent pundit, shite manager.