Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who is the player....

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:28 pm

When a club comes up there is usually a player that stands out and other clubs come in for them especially if you go down. Who do people think will be the stand out player who may attract interest next season?

My guess from a few:
Morrison
Ralls
Zohore
NML
Murphy

Got a feeling Zohore with us playing even deeper had a chance to really show what he is about. The wingers have a great chance as well. The Morrison must be watching the world cup and looking at Migure and wondering if he could do that if he stepped up.

Re: Who is the player....

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:05 pm

I mean, a few could be appealing to other clubs for lesser reasons, but the standout one for me and I have felt this since BEFORE Neil Warnock

I have always thought Zohore has the potential to be at the very top. With good tutoring on cutting out certain habits he has, and encouraging him to do what he’s best at (which I don’t think Warnock does IMO) he could really terrorise teams in ways simply any other Striker in the bottom half of the premiership just can’t do.

I appreciate his stats and the “heat” towards Zohore only came when Warnock gave him him that chance away to Brentford a season and a half ago. But I’ve always seen something in Zohore that he has always had when he was coming off the bench for Slade and Trollope, hitting the post about 5 times during his substitute appearances. He always looked fast, strong, and yes he kept hitting the post but he really did look like he could turn out prolific considering his positioning was great and his work rate was top level.

People probably have what Warnock said drilled into their minds now but I will endeavour to try and disagree with what Warnock has said (which is probably the only thing I would like to disagree with him about) and that is the claim that Zohore simply couldn’t be bothered before Warnock gave him his opportunity. I never saw that. I saw a Young hungry player making his own chances in an absolutely shambolic team destined for relegation before our Lord and saviour Neil Warnock joined the club. Now, I don’t think for one second Warnock is lying for his own ego, but maybe he’s just saying it to give Zohore a boost, sort of “placebo” effect to make Ken think he’s a different player now and that it wasn’t the fact he was just unlucky whilst also playing in a crap team.

A lot of you will disagree but I’ve always seen Zohore as the player he is today, I never understand the whole “he’s a changed player since Warnock” it’s just purely circumstantial with luck and players around him etc... long answer but WHO CARES

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:25 am

He needs to work on his heading , he needs to find a desire to get first to the ball in the air , then more importantly he needs to learn how to finish or at least increase the law of averages , shoot across the keeper instead of going for the near post , he needs to learn to relax in front of goal and stop snatching and scuffing his shots .He has the ability to be a top half premier league striker if he can sort it out . That’s my humble opinion .

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:36 pm

We haven’t really got anyone young enough to attract the sort of interest of the likes of trippier, Robertson, maguire and Keane have done over the last few seasons.

I’d like to think ralls will really step up this season though

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:11 pm

I predict Joe Bennett may be the one to watch.

Full back in the Prem is one of the most difficult positions to play.

If he can add something in the attacking third I can see other clubs taking notice.

Zohore is the other but scoring at this level will be a major test for him.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:14 pm

I think Morrison could be if he gets a few goals from set pieces as well as few noted clearance headers etc

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:24 pm

I have a feeling Zohore will come good in the prem.