Alcohol on the terraces

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Alcohol on the terraces

Postby Gavin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:22 am

Watching people having a pint in the stands during the World Cup has me thinking, with hooliganism resigned to history in the UK is it time to review the rules on drinking alcohol in the stands?

Obviously I've seen the videos of England fans rampaging through their country so there is definitely an argument to restrict boozing during the game, but would the couple of pints you have during the match make that much of a difference?
Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it.
Gavin

Alcohol on the terraces

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Alcohol on the terraces

Postby wez1927 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:36 am

Gavin wrote:Watching people having a pint in the stands during the World Cup has me thinking, with hooliganism resigned to history in the UK is it time to review the rules on drinking alcohol in the stands?

Obviously I've seen the videos of England fans rampaging through their country so there is definitely an argument to restrict boozing during the game, but would the couple of pints you have during the match make that much of a difference?

Its alcohol free beer like in the euros isn't it ?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby griff105 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:10 am

0.05%
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby pontyclunblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:32 am

No need for alcohol on the Terraces, don't want to end up like the egg chasing, with a lot of the crowd back and for to the bar and the bog during the game, not actually watching the team play and more interested in getting pissed.
pontyclunblue

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:45 am

Could only happen if we got the Russians to patrol our grounds at matchtimes. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:52 am

pontyclunblue wrote:No need for alcohol on the Terraces, don't want to end up like the egg chasing, with a lot of the crowd back and for to the bar and the bog during the game, not actually watching the team play and more interested in getting pissed.

Spot on.
JJ1927

Postby Sven » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:23 am

One look at the videos of the beer-swilling 'Englanders' chucking the stuff in the air (and subsequently over everyone else) when they score tells me everything I need to know to answer that one...

Sorry, but it's a big NO from me! :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby BLUE54 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:37 am

JJ1927 wrote:
pontyclunblue wrote:No need for alcohol on the Terraces, don't want to end up like the egg chasing, with a lot of the crowd back and for to the bar and the bog during the game, not actually watching the team play and more interested in getting pissed.

Spot on.

Same here. I like a pint same as most, but if you can't wait 45 minutes for a drink, then I think your problems may go far beyond. :bluebird:
BLUE54

Postby davids » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:17 am

Sven wrote:One look at the videos of the beer-swilling 'Englanders' chucking the stuff in the air (and subsequently over everyone else) when they score tells me everything I need to know to answer that one...

Agree.

Mind you Wales fans did exactly the same watching the Euros as far as the beer throwing is concerned.
davids

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:19 am

Spot on a no for me
2blue2handle

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:44 am

No from me too. Mainly because you get a steady stream of people constantly interrupting your enjoyment of the game going back and forth for more booze and the subsequent pissing. :old:
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby salopiancity » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:55 am

BLUE54 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Spot on.

Same here. I like a pint same as most, but if you can't wait 45 minutes for a drink, then I think your problems may go far beyond. :bluebird:

Sure fire way of bringing back hooliganism :banghead:
salopiancity

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:58 pm

It’s a no for me too, despite the fact I rarely drink at games these days. There was a time when watching the match was my sobering up time.
103 Barmy Army

Postby BobbyBlue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:40 pm

This. Iv done it myself at a rugby stadium even pissed me off back and for getting rounds and having a piss, get so wrecked miss half the game.
BobbyBlue

Postby Sven » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:15 pm

davids wrote:
Sven wrote:One look at the videos of the beer-swilling 'Englanders' chucking the stuff in the air (and subsequently over everyone else) when they score tells me everything I need to know to answer that one...

Agree.

Mind you Wales fans did exactly the same watching the Euros as far as the beer throwing is concerned.

Yes, appreciate that and my stance remains :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby llangainbluebird » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:36 am

People can have a drink before a game, at half time, and after a game. No need for booze in the stands, or on the terraces. Besides, unlike the egg-chasers, a lot of football fans like to wear some decent clobber. Imagine having some clown spill, or worse, throw beer over you. It would kick off all over the place!
llangainbluebird

Postby dogfound » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:25 am

wez1927 wrote:
Gavin wrote:Watching people having a pint in the stands during the World Cup has me thinking, with hooliganism resigned to history in the UK is it time to review the rules on drinking alcohol in the stands?

Its alcohol free beer like in the euros isn't it ?

well not quite alcohol free its about 0.5%...and those there holding pints have no idea..
dogfound

Postby Man of Harlech » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:01 pm

BLUE54 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Spot on.

I could not agree more.
Man of Harlech

Postby mr_nellio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Banned from the stadiums entirely up here!! Got to get your bevvy in you before you get to the ground!
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Return to General Chat