Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Missing loan striker

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:37 pm

With NW saying that he intends bringing in a striker on loan and that he's got a list of five possibilities, I've taken it upon myself to go through Premier league squads to do a list of possible candidates.
BATSHUAYI/CHELSEA
ABRAHAM/CHELSEA
WICKHAM/PALACE
NIASSE/EVERTON
ORIGI/LIVERPOOL
STURRIDGE/LIVERPOOL
INGS/LIVERPOOL
LLORENTE/TOTTENHAM
CARROLL/WEST HAM
and not Premier league, but nearly
RONDON/WEST BROM
Obviously, if Grujic comes on loan from Liverpool, then that rules out the strikers from there.
Who would be your ideal choice ???
My personal favourite would be Rondon, with a possible buy option in January, as he's out of contract next summer, closely followed by Batshuayi.

Re: Missing loan striker

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:09 pm

tonythomas wrote:With NW saying that he intends bringing in a striker on loan and that he's got a list of five possibilities, I've taken it upon myself to go through Premier league squads to do a list of possible candidates.
BATSHUAYI/CHELSEA
ABRAHAM/CHELSEA
WICKHAM/PALACE
NIASSE/EVERTON
ORIGI/LIVERPOOL
STURRIDGE/LIVERPOOL
INGS/LIVERPOOL
LLORENTE/TOTTENHAM
CARROLL/WEST HAM
RONDON/WEST BROM
Obviously, if Grujic comes on loan from Liverpool, then that rules out the strikers from there.
My personal favourite would be Rondon, with a possible buy option in January, as he's out of contract next summer, closely followed by Batshuayi.

Why would it rule one out you can have 2 loans from premiership teams ?

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:
tonythomas wrote:With NW saying that he intends bringing in a striker on loan and that he's got a list of five possibilities, I've taken it upon myself to go through Premier league squads to do a list of possible candidates.
BATSHUAYI/CHELSEA
ABRAHAM/CHELSEA
WICKHAM/PALACE
NIASSE/EVERTON
ORIGI/LIVERPOOL
STURRIDGE/LIVERPOOL
INGS/LIVERPOOL
LLORENTE/TOTTENHAM
CARROLL/WEST HAM
RONDON/WEST BROM

Why would it rule one out you can have 2 loans from premiership teams ?

From January this year. I don't think it has changed:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2017/18, there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:27 pm

The second part of the rules states that no more than one from any club, hence if Grujic is on loan then it rules out another Liverpool player.
Maybe, that's why there's talk of Grujic being a permanent signing.
Maybe NW fancies Origi,Sturridge or Ings on loan.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:16 am

I will never happen but I would love either Llorente or Big Andy

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:32 am

niasse please

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:09 am

BATSHUAYI please :lol:

seriously though Niassi would make sense, carrol wouldn’t surpise me but probably huge wages and injury prone.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:01 am

Two players that are either without a club or available free:

Pontus Werbloom - Swedish DM age 32
balazs dzsudzsak - Hungarian Striker/Left Winger/AMC age 31

Both probably warrant higher wages, Dzsudzsak reminds me a bit of Bellemy, but also has a rocket of a left foot. His personality might be the biggest stumbling block, but if Warnock could tame him he’d prove immense. Remember him vs Iceland and Portugal in Euro 2016!