City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
That was the second vote and wasn't clear enough. The third one would be better proposed with people more aware of the ramifications. Youre bviously a mad keen Leaver, why are you shit scared? Are you afraid public opinion has changed?

What are the ramifications?

How long have you got?

a lot more than you im sure

Why, are you out of work?

i wish

so what are the ramifications?

Damn, this must be a long list..... :happy1:

Well I'm not sure if you've been able to engage with the political debate over the last 20 years but I'm sure if someone could help you out and point you in the right direction then you might find your answer there but I'm sorry I haven't got time to help you out. Oh, and you're damned right, it's a mighty long list :thumbup:

these ramifications are the cornerstone of the remain / 2nd election people though...
yet time and time again its rants about Boris, union jacks, the end of the tory party and vague threats about financial meltdown.. ...and no real answer...
truth be told if any of these ramifications could be proved there would be overwhelming demands from the public and our government for a rethink 2nd vote...there is not.
nobody knows, wild guesses counter guesses ..predictions and counter predictions, promises and counter promises..people took sides ..voted..and the losers havent accepted it..

This is the typical Leaver stance....not so much head in the sand but stubbornness. You've actually just confirmed my pitch because all recent opinion polls show the trend for a growing number of people wanting a third vote. This is such a monumental economic and political project for the country which could lead to catastrophic consequences it certainly shouldn't have been left to a simple majority vote to decide. But I guess you won so what the hell do you care. To the victor the spoils and the devil take the hindmost.

Re: O/T Brexit Secretary Resigns

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:03 am

paulh_85 wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:The thing about Brexit, whether you voted for it or not, is that there was so little due diligence, whatif scenarios and investigations done before the referendum as to what Brexit would look like that we should never really have had the vote when we did. It was very premature. There should have been at least 3 years investigations as to the ramifications and what likely deals we could strike on the different negotiation items before the vote. Then I feel people would have been better informed. As it happens people voted with very little information (from both sides) which of course opened the door to emotional media manipulation.

Also, even if Brexit is, in the long term, right for the country, we have completely incompetent people trying to strike deals which they are not equipped or skilled to do. Eventually the EU will tell us to just f**k off and make decisions for us.

The conservatives and Labour are completely incompetent.

Let's be frank, it's a clusterfuck.

These ramifications are all a load of nonsense anyway because nobody can predict these sorts of things, seeing it now with "this is how much worse off we will be in certain scenarios" but it has too many factors attached to it to be believable.

for me the core principle should be, should we be a country who stands on our own but still deals with europe, or should we be involved in a united europe where collective decisions are made for everyone. and then we can just go from there

There should have been more due diligence. For example, discussions with NI and ROI about the border should have taken place, now it seems surprising that its a contentious issue, made worse by the Tories bribing the DUP to join a coalition. Like I said, clusterfuck.

But yeah I agree with your last point.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:05 am

City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
That was the second vote and wasn't clear enough. The third one would be better proposed with people more aware of the ramifications. Youre bviously a mad keen Leaver, why are you shit scared? Are you afraid public opinion has changed?

How long have you got?

i wish

Well I'm not sure if you've been able to engage with the political debate over the last 20 years but I'm sure if someone could help you out and point you in the right direction then you might find your answer there but I'm sorry I haven't got time to help you out. Oh, and you're damned right, it's a mighty long list :thumbup:

Just rally off a few from the top of the list then I don’t mind

No, don't be so lazy. Do some homework and find out for yourself, there's a good boy

the class-A response of someone with no idea

Re: O/T Brexit Secretary & Foreign Secertary Resign!

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:10 am

Why does an off topic post have a sticky?

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:13 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:The thing about Brexit, whether you voted for it or not, is that there was so little due diligence, whatif scenarios and investigations done before the referendum as to what Brexit would look like that we should never really have had the vote when we did. It was very premature. There should have been at least 3 years investigations as to the ramifications and what likely deals we could strike on the different negotiation items before the vote. Then I feel people would have been better informed. As it happens people voted with very little information (from both sides) which of course opened the door to emotional media manipulation.

Also, even if Brexit is, in the long term, right for the country, we have completely incompetent people trying to strike deals which they are not equipped or skilled to do. Eventually the EU will tell us to just f**k off and make decisions for us.

These ramifications are all a load of nonsense anyway because nobody can predict these sorts of things, seeing it now with "this is how much worse off we will be in certain scenarios" but it has too many factors attached to it to be believable.

for me the core principle should be, should we be a country who stands on our own but still deals with europe, or should we be involved in a united europe where collective decisions are made for everyone. and then we can just go from there

There should have been more due diligence. For example, discussions with NI and ROI about the border should have taken place, now it seems surprising that its a contentious issue, made worse by the Tories bribing the DUP to join a coalition. Like I said, clusterfuck.

Good response and for me it would be a collective Europe every time. With loons like Trump and menaces like Putin around this is no time to ditch our friends. I work on the united we stand principle.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:15 am

City Slicker wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Good response and for me it would be a collective Europe every time. With loons like Trump and menaces like Putin around this is no time to ditch our friends. I work on the united we stand principle.

nothing wrong with that way of thinking. but just being apart from the EU doesnt mean they become our enemies.

Im not one for this tribal stuff personally, Russia arent evil, america have been our close allies for years and trump in charge wont change that (might actually get better)

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:19 am

Wales in a strong EU - yes please :old:

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:50 am

Project fear and remainers favourite words
Might ,could ,maybe ,the list goes on
They never use the words
Will ,would ,definatly,
IMO we should stop all negotiations and walk away
Just see how quick they will be to get us back around the negotiating table
If they put tariffs on us ,we put tariffs on them
With our huge trade deficit in our favour ,a tariff war would actually be To our gain
IMO both leavers and remainers new exactly what they were voting for
And the results means leave
So we must leave totally not half hearted

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 am

City Slicker wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

True.

Remainers like me have also been much maligned. I think being part of the EU has/had (not sure what tense to use!) significant challenges and just because we wanted to remain did not mean that we were happy with the situation.

Anyway, in or out we do need a strong Europe.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:56 am

Bananas wrote:Wales in a strong EU - yes please :old:

Wales has been in the EU, or at least what we were lied to and told was a Common Market, for 40 odd years. How’s the Welsh economy done, education, health, transport and infrastructure. Fekk me you’d think the EU has turned Wales into an industrial powerhouse. The EU has failed the U.K. and Wales most of all but you stick to banal, meaningless, senseless bollox like Wales in a strong EU. Like Blair’s tough on crime tough on the causes of crime, or education education education. Empty sound bites lapped up by idiots withthe attention span of a Ganga tokin goldfish.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:59 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

True.

Remainers like me have also been much maligned. I think being part of the EU has/had (not sure what tense to use!) significant challenges and just because we wanted to remain did not mean that we were happy with the situation.

Anyway, in or out we do need a strong Europe.

Yes indeed, and let's not forget there has never in the World's history been any human endeavour which has been perfect and the EU is no exception. As with everything it requires continual refinement and it's such a pity Britain has always been so anti towards it otherwise we could have made some great contributions to it's ongoing development. However, it has succeeded in its principal aim, to prevent Europe going to war with itself yet again and surely that must be applauded.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:05 am

Jock wrote:

Wales has been in the EU, or at least what we were lied to and told was a Common Market, for 40 odd years. How’s the Welsh economy done, education, health, transport and infrastructure. Fekk me you’d think the EU has turned Wales into an industrial powerhouse. The EU has failed the U.K. and Wales most of all but you stick to banal, meaningless, senseless bollox like Wales in a strong EU. Like Blair’s tough on crime tough on the causes of crime, or education education education. Empty sound bites lapped up by idiots withthe attention span of a Ganga tokin goldfish.

I don't know what Wales (outside of the UK) would look like in the EU. It's a theory and certainly one that is worth exploring but the reality is we are a million miles away from that ever happening.

With regards to what the EU has done for Wales, I think you are confusing the EU vs the central UK government vs the Assembly government. One could argue they have all failed Wales. However, I worked on EU projects in Wales for many years and the EU grants (to objective 1 and 2 areas) certainly helped retain jobs, increase innovation and help improve the infrastructure... usually through partnerships with the WAG and previously the WDA.

So I am less cynical about how the EU helped Wales than you are.

Saying that, if the EU had not been there funding these activities, maybe the centra; UK government or the Welsh Assembly would have been there to do this work.. and maybe more... who knows. That's speculative at this stage.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of leaving the EU we can all agree that the Tories are completely incompetent to deliver a decent brexit for the country. By the way I am not saying that Labour would be better!

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:10 am

In your dreams mate! Not long until we are out of the thing just like we voted for and still would.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:11 am

City Slicker wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

We are leaving the eu not nato or europe ffs you speak some tosh :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:13 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
Jock wrote:

I don't know what Wales (outside of the UK) would look like in the EU. It's a theory and certainly one that is worth exploring but the reality is we are a million miles away from that ever happening.

With regards to what the EU has done for Wales, I think you are confusing the EU vs the central UK government vs the Assembly government. One could argue they have all failed Wales. However, I worked on EU projects in Wales for many years and the EU grants (to objective 1 and 2 areas) certainly helped retain jobs, increase innovation and help improve the infrastructure... usually through partnerships with the WAG and previously the WDA.

Saying that, if the EU had not been there funding these activities, maybe the centra; UK government or the Welsh Assembly would have been there to do this work.. and maybe more... who knows. That's speculative at this stage.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of leaving the EU we can all agree that the Tories are completely incompetent to deliver a decent brexit for the country. By the way I am not saying that Labour would be better!

I dont agree with you about the eu keeping jobs in wales as so many large companies left for eastern Europe with eu grants but i agree that tories and labour are a shambles over it

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:18 am

wez1927 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Ah you're right but it's the EU that's key to peace, not relying on that thick piece of shit Trump. NATO with him involved is dead in the water.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:21 am

wez1927 wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
Jock wrote:

I dont agree with you about the eu keeping jobs in wales as so many large companies left for eastern Europe with eu grants but i agree that tories and labour are a shambles over it

It's the fuckin Tories that sold Wales down the river, not the EU. Without its protection the Tories would have gives off much of our financial resource to building golf courses in "middle England".

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:44 am

City Slicker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
Jock wrote:

It's the fuckin Tories that sold Wales down the river, not the EU. Without its protection the Tories would have gives off much of our financial resource to building golf courses in "middle England".

Step away from the keyboard your just spouting random bollox now.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 am

City Slicker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Ah you're right but it's the EU that's key to peace, not relying on that thick piece of shit Trump. NATO with him involved is dead in the water.

Yes the EU kept everyone safe in the Balkans.
Why should the Yanks subsidise everyone else inNATO, the agreement was for members to spend 2% of GDP on defence, the majority have failed to do this.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 am

Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
Jock wrote:

Step away from the keyboard your just spouting random bollox now.

Yeah but not as much crap as goes on in that befuddled brain of yours

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:51 am

City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

How long have you got?

i wish

these ramifications are the cornerstone of the remain / 2nd election people though...
yet time and time again its rants about Boris, union jacks, the end of the tory party and vague threats about financial meltdown.. ...and no real answer...
truth be told if any of these ramifications could be proved there would be overwhelming demands from the public and our government for a rethink 2nd vote...there is not.
nobody knows, wild guesses counter guesses ..predictions and counter predictions, promises and counter promises..people took sides ..voted..and the losers havent accepted it..

This is the typical Leaver stance....not so much head in the sand but stubbornness. You've actually just confirmed my pitch because all recent opinion polls show the trend for a growing number of people wanting a third vote. This is such a monumental economic and political project for the country which could lead to catastrophic consequences it certainly shouldn't have been left to a simple majority vote to decide. But I guess you won so what the hell do you care. To the victor the spoils and the devil take the hindmost.

Why is it that remain people bury head in sand and do not accept the decision of the 17m people who voted to leave? Rightly or wrongly that is the democratic process we live by all other arguments are knull and void! unless of course you want to be like Ireland and other countries who voted to leave but that wasn't right decision so they voted several more times until they got right answer, the people decided in UK what more is there to say? and thats way it should be not have ex politicians on euro gravy train bleating it was the wrong decision for them? :o
Last edited by pembroke allan on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:52 am

Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Why should the Yanks subsidise everyone else inNATO, the agreement was for members to spend 2% of GDP on defence, the majority have failed to do this.

The EU was formed to restrain Germany you utter tool not the Balkans and NATO really kept the lid on it didn't it. The Yanks can afford to pay more than anyone else and a secure Europe is in their national interest. If they don't like it they can go and bomb the f**k out of North Korea if they like

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:58 am

City Slicker wrote:The EU was formed to restrain Germany you utter tool not the Balkans and NATO really kept the lid on it didn't it. The Yanks can afford to pay more than anyone else and a secure Europe is in their national interest. If they don't like it they can go and bomb the f**k out of North Korea if they like

now you really are talking nonsense

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:00 am

Jock wrote:

Wales in a strong EU please and not governed by Westminster. ASAP :thumbup:

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:02 am

T1JMO wrote:

In your dreams mate! Not long until we are out of the thing just like we voted for and still would.

:laughing6: another DULL voter :laughing6: that's why they are all resigning u tool :thumbup:

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:02 am

paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:The EU was formed to restrain Germany you utter tool not the Balkans and NATO really kept the lid on it didn't it. The Yanks can afford to pay more than anyone else and a secure Europe is in their national interest. If they don't like it they can go and bomb the f**k out of North Korea if they like

And what the hell would you know about it

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:05 am

City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

obviously a lot more than you

"the yanks can afford to pay more than anyone else" :lol: everyone is suppose to be paying the same % and they arent

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:08 am

:lol:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

obviously a lot more than you

"the yanks can afford to pay more than anyone else" :lol: everyone is suppose to be paying the same % and they arent

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:09 am

Bananas wrote:
Jock wrote:

Wales in a strong EU please and not governed by Westminster. ASAP :thumbup:

Your well named :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:16 am

City Slicker wrote:
Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

The EU was formed to restrain Germany you utter tool not the Balkans and NATO really kept the lid on it didn't it. The Yanks can afford to pay more than anyone else and a secure Europe is in their national interest. If they don't like it they can go and bomb the f**k out of North Korea if they like

Can’t win the argument play the man not the ball.
The EU/Common Market was formed solely to stop the Krauts invading neighbouring countries Bwhahahahaha.
So the Yanks and ourselves incidentally, should subsidise Germany’s defence?? Your simply a crank.