Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: O/T Brexit Secretary & Foreign Secertary Resign!

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Jock wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
Jock wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:Hopefully.. May can recruit a more competent replacement and get a united party.. And deliver a brexit that actually works.. And yes that means a soft one staying in the single market.

That’s not Brexit, that’s not what the electorate voted for. We voted leave.

I voted remain, and stand by it.

But you’re spot on. The majority voted for Brexit and it’s clear they meant a “hard Brexit”.

I believe in democracy and the majority’s decision should be followed through.

I’d like to think I’d be as honourable and decent had the vote went the other way. The fake news and disinformation surrounding all of this has been savage. I’m totally disgusted by the whole thing.

I’m not saying it would be never ending. The vote to Leave was made not knowing what it would be like, with a deal or no deal, hard Brexit, soft Brexit. I would argue it’s more democratic to allow a people’s vote now we know how we’re leaving (assuming no deal)

There was never a soft Brexit option, we voted to leave the single market, customs union and ECJ jurisdiction, you voted remain? What do you think the EU will be like in 10 years time, do you actually believe you were voting for the status quo.

Except we didn’t vote to leave the single market and customs union. Nowhere on the ballot paper was this started and even your Leave top dogs maintained we would stay in the single market.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Jock wrote:
Jock wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:Hopefully.. May can recruit a more competent replacement and get a united party.. And deliver a brexit that actually works.. And yes that means a soft one staying in the single market.

But you’re spot on. The majority voted for Brexit and it’s clear they meant a “hard Brexit”.

I’d like to think I’d be as honourable and decent had the vote went the other way. The fake news and disinformation surrounding all of this has been savage. I’m totally disgusted by the whole thing.

I’m not saying it would be never ending. The vote to Leave was made not knowing what it would be like, with a deal or no deal, hard Brexit, soft Brexit. I would argue it’s more democratic to allow a people’s vote now we know how we’re leaving (assuming no deal)

There was never a soft Brexit option, we voted to leave the single market, customs union and ECJ jurisdiction, you voted remain? What do you think the EU will be like in 10 years time, do you actually believe you were voting for the status quo.

Except we didn’t vote to leave the single market and customs union. Nowhere on the ballot paper was this started and even your Leave top dogs maintained we would stay in the single market.

It was made very clear from all sides that would mean leaving both, to suggest otherwise is a lie

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Jock wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:

yes the vote to leave was taken without knowing...and we are none the wiser...people making out that its now oh so clear does my nut..its not..
the ONE thing we know now is that the financial meltdown that was to follow a vote to leave 100% did not happen..

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:31 pm

Jock wrote:
Jock wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:

Yawn....David Cameron stated unequivocally that voting leave meant leaving the single market and customs union, one week before the referendum. It was clear what Brexit entailed.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:34 pm

The remainers lied through project fear none of which has come true also remember they said the bus slogan was a lie well it turned out it wasnt a lie and actually going to spend more than 350m a week on the nhs ,most peope want to get ob with it now ecen alot of the remain side

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Jock wrote:
Jock wrote:
Jock wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:

Yawn....David Cameron stated unequivocally that voting leave meant leaving the single market and customs union, one week before the referendum. It was clear what Brexit entailed.

Exactly

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Jock wrote:
Jock wrote:
Jock wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:

I thought the same Jock. I believe it was made clear that we would be leaving the single market. Sounds to me as if only those who voted remain knew what they were voting for, the rest of us are apparently lacking the intelligence of the "remainers". I have a feeling that if another referendum was held, the leave would have an even bigger majority than last time, and if not, perhaps we could have the best of five. ;)

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Jock wrote:
Jock wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:

It was made very clear from all sides that would mean leaving both, to suggest otherwise is a lie

It's not a lie though is it Wez.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 04846.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics- ... m-36477543

https://www.politico.eu/article/post-br ... le-market/

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:The remainers lied through project fear none of which has come true also remember they said the bus slogan was a lie well it turned out it wasnt a lie and actually going to spend more than 350m a week on the nhs ,most peope want to get ob with it now ecen alot of the remain side

It's more the meltdown that may come after leaving if a hard or no deal exit occurs, this is when a large number of big business withdraws from the uk as the legistration that under pins them is governed by the EU.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:58 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:The remainers lied through project fear none of which has come true also remember they said the bus slogan was a lie well it turned out it wasnt a lie and actually going to spend more than 350m a week on the nhs ,most peope want to get ob with it now ecen alot of the remain side

It's more the meltdown that may come after leaving if a hard or no deal exit occurs, this is when a large number of big business withdraws from the uk as the legistration that under pins them is governed by the EU.

So you've bought into project fear then.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:58 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Jock wrote:
Jock wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:

Below is copied and pasted from an interview with Andrew Marr in 2016. The interview can still be viewed. It was made clear that we would not stay in the single market.

David Cameron confirmed Sunday that he will pull Britain out of the single market if there is a vote to leave the European Union at the upcoming referendum.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:00 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:

Awnaw, the sky’s falling down........again

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:01 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:

Meltdown ???? Explain please

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:02 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:

Not so much bought into it, but through work like many, are identifying Risk based on various scenarios post exit scenarios.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:12 pm

1922 committee meeting now, Wonder if there will be a vote of no confidence?

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:

Easy Wez. In the event of a "leave" vote the economy would fall off the edge of a cliff almost immediately, the pound would collapse, unemployment would soar, and an emergency budget would be required to keep our heads above water. Still waiting for all this to happen, even though we were told that this would be the result just by voting to leave. :sleepy2:

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:

Easy Wez. In the event of a "leave" vote the economy would fall off the edge of a cliff almost immediately, the pound would collapse, unemployment would soar, and an emergency budget would be required to keep our heads above water. Still waiting for all this to happen, even though we were told that this would be the result just by voting to leave. :sleepy2:

Exactly

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:25 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:

Awnaw, the sky’s falling down........again

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Jock wrote:
Jock wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:

Below is copied and pasted from an interview with Andrew Marr in 2016. The interview can still be viewed. It was made clear that we would not stay in the single market.

David Cameron confirmed Sunday that he will pull Britain out of the single market if there is a vote to leave the European Union at the upcoming referendum.

Whatever Cameron had to say about Brexit was bullshit. He always planned to run if it didn’t go his way.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:37 pm

none of which has come true? we haven't even left yet :laughing6:

Can you post a link saying we're going to be spending an extra 350m a week on the nhs post brexit? havent seen anything about that

Agree though i voted remain, but now think should just get on with it as its gone to democratic vote

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:15 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:

Can you post a link saying we're going to be spending an extra 350m a week on the nhs post brexit? havent seen anything about that

Agree though i voted remain, but now think should just get on with it as its gone to democratic vote

Where have you been the last 3 weeks its been all over the news 22billion paid part paid by a brexit dividend ffs

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:17 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tele ... itain/amp/

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Not enough letters from Conservative MPs to trigger a vote of no confidence in the PM.... yet.

But you do get the feeling it’s coming, and she has said she would fight any leadership election.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:47 pm

Reading up on things this might be a good thing as now they might just decide need to get tough and go for hard brexit not this mishmash of half and half with uk obeying EU laws whilst not having a say in making same laws as proposed at meeting :old:

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not enough letters from Conservative MPs to trigger a vote of no confidence in the PM.... yet.

But you do get the feeling it’s coming, and she has said she would fight any leadership election.

With luck there'll be a General Election

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:

Not so much bought into it, but through work like many, are identifying Risk based on various scenarios post exit scenarios.

What about the effect if us leaving EU? It is not a one way street and EU countries have as much to lose as we have in fact several countries will go bust if some of the scenarios happen if we leave! :old:

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:

What about the effect if us leaving EU? It is not a one way street and EU countries have as much to lose as we have in fact several countries will go bust if some of the scenarios happen if we leave! :old:

We run a £70b trade deficit with the EU
Almost a fifth of German car exports is to the U.K. we are a more important market for them than the US and Japan combined.
A no deal will hurt them more than us trade wise.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:09 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:

This is the standard "remain" response. We have'nt left yet. The remain campaign warned us what would happen just simply by voting to leave. Economy collapsing, emergency budget etc. When those predictions went pear shaped, the argument changed to "we have'nt left yet". When we leave and the economy still fails to collapse, the argument will no doubt change to "give it time".

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Before the referendum every household in the UK received a pamphlet from the Government at a cost of £9m which clearly explained that if the UK voted to leave that would mean leaving both the Custom's Union and the Single Market.

In any case both are so fundamental to the EU that it is dead raving obvious that a leave vote meant leaving both the CU & SM.

When I voted to leave I did so fully understanding that we would leave both. It is really annoying when remoaners keep stating that those who voted leave didn't know this despite receiving that information directly from the Government :roll:

Put it this way if you voted to remain where did it say on the ballot paper the UK would remain in both the CU & SM?

Re: O/T Brexit Secretary Resigns

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:35 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
That was the second vote and wasn't clear enough. The third one would be better proposed with people more aware of the ramifications. Youre bviously a mad keen Leaver, why are you shit scared? Are you afraid public opinion has changed?

There wasn't a second vote in 1975 when the UK voted to join the Common Market. There were no referendums on the Maastricht and Lisbon Treaties which altered the structure of the Common Market and created the EU with it's Customs Union, Single Market and Freedoms of movement.

So why should there be a 'second referendum' just so project fear can have another crack at frightening people into changing their minds? BTW I don't believe leavers have changed their minds and quite rightly want the Government to honour the result of the 2016 referendum before there is even any talk of a second referendum.

Well of course you can believe what you want. The 1975 plebiscite was the first referendum, 2016 was the second so s precedent has already been set. What's the problem with having a third? If you're so convinced your lot will win again you should welcome it.

Going on your logic the 'third' referendum will be 41 years after the 'second' one in other words 2057 :D