Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: O/T Brexit Secretary Resigns

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
That was the second vote and wasn't clear enough. The third one would be better proposed with people more aware of the ramifications. Youre bviously a mad keen Leaver, why are you shit scared? Are you afraid public opinion has changed?

There wasn't a second vote in 1975 when the UK voted to join the Common Market. There were no referendums on the Maastricht and Lisbon Treaties which altered the structure of the Common Market and created the EU with it's Customs Union, Single Market and Freedoms of movement.

So why should there be a 'second referendum' just so project fear can have another crack at frightening people into changing their minds? BTW I don't believe leavers have changed their minds and quite rightly want the Government to honour the result of the 2016 referendum before there is even any talk of a second referendum.

Well of course you can believe what you want. The 1975 plebiscite was the first referendum, 2016 was the second so s precedent has already been set. What's the problem with having a third? If you're so convinced your lot will win again you should welcome it.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:41 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Gavin wrote:Is he gutless for not finishing the job he was given

or

Making a bold move to discredit the PMs stance following her 'cabinet agreement' announcement Friday?

Chucking his toys out of the pram! Good riddance, a wanker anyway!

Brexit he wants it to mean just that? not yes we leave but we obey EU rules as is mays idea on fri its a principle thing ! :o

Maybe but as has been quoted by one of his friends "he's as thick as mince and lazy as a toad". He was useless anyway and who in their right minds cares what he thinks. The good news is this bluster is adding to the probability of us getting a People's Vote.

Brexit was a people’s vote, we voted leave.

That was the second vote and wasn't clear enough. The third one would be better proposed with people more aware of the ramifications. Youre bviously a mad keen Leaver, why are you shit scared? Are you afraid public opinion has changed?

What are the ramifications?

How long have you got?

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:10 pm

City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

or

Making a bold move to discredit the PMs stance following her 'cabinet agreement' announcement Friday?

Brexit he wants it to mean just that? not yes we leave but we obey EU rules as is mays idea on fri its a principle thing ! :o

Maybe but as has been quoted by one of his friends "he's as thick as mince and lazy as a toad". He was useless anyway and who in their right minds cares what he thinks. The good news is this bluster is adding to the probability of us getting a People's Vote.

How long have you got?

a lot more than you im sure

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:23 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

or

Ive never voted on the basis of public opinion, like you I have one vote, on this occasion the majority voted leave. Therefore we must leave or there’s no point voting again. Talking of a People’s Vote when the EU is part of the Globalist objective of no borders, no sovereign states free movement shows you really aren’t as clever as you think you are. People’s vote is just another buzz phrase designed to appeal to the hard of thinking.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:37 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

or

How long have you got?

Why, are you out of work?

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

or

Ive never voted on the basis of public opinion, like you I have one vote, on this occasion the majority voted leave. Therefore we must leave or there’s no point voting again. Talking of a People’s Vote when the EU is part of the Globalist objective of no borders, no sovereign states free movement shows you really aren’t as clever as you think you are. People’s vote is just another buzz phrase designed to appeal to the hard of thinking.

I'm sorry but you must read into spurious things because I've never made any reference to my cleverness! I don't doubt you vote according to your own preferences but I'm asking why you are so shit scared of another vote?

The aggregation of smaller political units is an unending consequence of military, political and economic development and has happened thousands of times across the world throughout history. There is a clear logic to it, particularly in a competitive global environment. People's vote is of course another buzz phrase designed to engage the hard of thinking.
Last edited by City Slicker on Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:47 pm

City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

or

How long have you got?

Why, are you out of work?

i wish

so what are the ramifications?

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Gavin wrote:Dominic Raab has been appointed Brexit secretary by Theresa May after David Davis resigned from the government.

Mr Raab, who is currently housing minister, was a prominent Leave campaigner during the 2016 referendum.

Mr Davis quit late on Sunday night, saying Theresa May had "given away too much too easily".

The 44-year old Mr Raab, a lawyer before becoming an MP in 2010, will now take over day-to-day negotiations with the EU's Michel Barnier.

From what I understand the position of BREXIT minister is purely cosmetic and carries no real power. I think there is a fella called Oliver Robbins who is a civil servant and has all but taken over the roll of negotiating with the EU.

He is also a rabid remain campaigner which explains why in effect the UK is not leaving the EU.

I listened to David Davis on Radio 4 this morning, he confirmed that the role was powerless and the PM made all the decisions on the matter

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:56 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

or

I'm sorry but you must read into spurious things because I've never made any reference to my cleverness! I don't doubt you vote according to your own preferences but I'm asking why you are so shit scared of another vote?

The aggregation of smaller political units is an unending consequence of military, political and economic development and has happened thousands of times across the world throughout history. There is a clear logic to it, particularly in a competitive global environment. People's vote is of course another buzz phrase designed to engage the hard of thinking.

The gap between the 1% and the rest is greater than ever before, it’s all part of the globalist agenda. Brexit was our Peasents Revolution, it was a chance to actually make things better for working class people. Now we’ve been conned out of it.

Re: O/T Brexit Secretary Resigns (updated,replacement announ

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:03 pm

Boris gone now :evil:

Re: O/T Brexit Secretary Resigns (updated,replacement announ

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Gavin wrote:Boris gone now :evil:

Good

Re: O/T Brexit Secretary & Foreign Secertary Resign!

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Boris gone as well then...

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:47 pm

Hopefully.. May can recruit a more competent replacement and get a united party.. And deliver a brexit that actually works.. And yes that means a soft one staying in the single market.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:49 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Boris gone as well then...

They're dropping like flies

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:03 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Hopefully.. May can recruit a more competent replacement and get a united party.. And deliver a brexit that actually works.. And yes that means a soft one staying in the single market.

That’s not Brexit, that’s not what the electorate voted for. We voted leave.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:12 pm

Jock wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:Hopefully.. May can recruit a more competent replacement and get a united party.. And deliver a brexit that actually works.. And yes that means a soft one staying in the single market.

I voted remain, and stand by it.

But you’re spot on. The majority voted for Brexit and it’s clear they meant a “hard Brexit”.

I believe in democracy and the majority’s decision should be followed through.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Undoubtably we’re going to get an extension from the EU. Use that time for another referendum where the vote is either No Deal or Remain. If the vote is No Deal, withdraw immediately and if Remain revoke Article 50.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:28 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:The thing about Brexit, whether you voted for it or not, is that there was so little due diligence, whatif scenarios and investigations done before the referendum as to what Brexit would look like that we should never really have had the vote when we did. It was very premature. There should have been at least 3 years investigations as to the ramifications and what likely deals we could strike on the different negotiation items before the vote. Then I feel people would have been better informed. As it happens people voted with very little information (from both sides) which of course opened the door to emotional media manipulation.

Also, even if Brexit is, in the long term, right for the country, we have completely incompetent people trying to strike deals which they are not equipped or skilled to do. Eventually the EU will tell us to just f**k off and make decisions for us.

The conservatives and Labour are completely incompetent.

Let's be frank, it's a clusterfuck.

These ramifications are all a load of nonsense anyway because nobody can predict these sorts of things, seeing it now with "this is how much worse off we will be in certain scenarios" but it has too many factors attached to it to be believable.

for me the core principle should be, should we be a country who stands on our own but still deals with europe, or should we be involved in a united europe where collective decisions are made for everyone. and then we can just go from there

100% agree. The waffle African Bluebird has come out with is the precise reason why BREXIT is failing. No-one can predict the future and that is why I have paid no attention whatsoever to project fear's WWIII and economic meltdown nonsense.

We are a great country and would survive perfectly well outside the EU. We should be bold enough to say to the EU stick it up your arse if they don't want to give us a free trade agreement.

Davis has been bold lets hope other BREXIT supporters have the same courage.

Tony Blue Williams for Brexit Secretary I say :thumbup:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:48 pm

nojac wrote:99.9% of the people who voted for brexit, wanted a stop to immigration nothing else.
No one thought about a soft or hard brexit whatever they means.
Like I said this goes over the heads of most people .
David Davis as done his best to discredit Teresa May , I'm fully expecting a leadership challenge sooner rather than later, and then calls for a second referendum , if a anti brexiter gets to be PM, which will weaken our stance in Europe and turn the country into turmoil, and make us a laughing stock in world politics.
We've done all the running so there's no more turning back, let's get on with it .
We should have had a pro brexiteer as prime minister from the off , not a remainer That's akin to Leighton James managing Cardiff City

People like yourself are as bad as lieing politicians. You've put a totally made up statement there as if it's fact when it's far from the truth.

Your entitled to your opinion on Brexit but don't spout rubbish.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:51 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Undoubtably we’re going to get an extension from the EU. Use that time for another referendum where the vote is either No Deal or Remain. If the vote is No Deal, withdraw immediately and if Remain revoke Article 50.
we've had a referendum and we are leaving with or without a deal simple

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:52 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
nojac wrote:99.9% of the people who voted for brexit, wanted a stop to immigration nothing else.
David Davis as done his best to discredit Teresa May , I'm fully expecting a leadership challenge sooner rather than later, and then calls for a second referendum , if a anti brexiter gets to be PM, which will weaken our stance in Europe and turn the country into turmoil, and make us a laughing stock in world politics.
We've done all the running so there's no more turning back, let's get on with it .
We should have had a pro brexiteer as prime minister from the off , not a remainer That's akin to Leighton James managing Cardiff City

People like yourself are as bad as lieing politicians. You've put a totally made up statement there as if it's fact when it's far from the truth.

I see no problem with Nojacs post

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Undoubtably we’re going to get an extension from the EU. Use that time for another referendum where the vote is either No Deal or Remain. If the vote is No Deal, withdraw immediately and if Remain revoke Article 50.

I don’t see why Brexiteers are against a second referendum, if anything it could strengthen your position and help deliver the harder Brexit you want?

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Ouch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:59 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I don’t see why Brexiteers are against a second referendum, if anything it could strengthen your position and help deliver the harder Brexit you want?

Because we have had the vote and it opens up never ending referendums or elections

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Gavin wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Show me evidence of his 99.9% claim then.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:

But you’re spot on. The majority voted for Brexit and it’s clear they meant a “hard Brexit”.

I’d like to think I’d be as honourable and decent had the vote went the other way. The fake news and disinformation surrounding all of this has been savage. I’m totally disgusted by the whole thing.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Because we have had the vote and it opens up never ending referendums or elections

Don’t worry it’s only when BW doesn’t get his way, when his side win there’ll be no need for re votes.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Jock wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:

I’d like to think I’d be as honourable and decent had the vote went the other way. The fake news and disinformation surrounding all of this has been savage. I’m totally disgusted by the whole thing.

I’m not saying it would be never ending. The vote to Leave was made not knowing what it would be like, with a deal or no deal, hard Brexit, soft Brexit. I would argue it’s more democratic to allow a people’s vote now we know how we’re leaving (assuming no deal)

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:11 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Gavin wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Show me evidence of his 99.9% claim then.

Haven’t you heard all Brexit voters are racist Facists, we’re too thick to understand complex things like sovereignty or laws in Britain being created and administered by the British. 99.99% what a crank he is.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Jock wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Jock wrote:

I’m not saying it would be never ending. The vote to Leave was made not knowing what it would be like, with a deal or no deal, hard Brexit, soft Brexit. I would argue it’s more democratic to allow a people’s vote now we know how we’re leaving (assuming no deal)

There was never a soft Brexit option, we voted to leave the single market, customs union and ECJ jurisdiction, you voted remain? What do you think the EU will be like in 10 years time, do you actually believe you were voting for the status quo.