Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Two More Players Coming in “

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:06 pm

“ TWO MORE PLAYERS ON LOAN “

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has declared himself pleased with his side's transfer business, but is still hoping to recruit another couple of players on loan.

Monday 9th July 2018

Sports Mole

The Bluebirds have moved to bring in four new additions since earning promotion from the Championship in May, splashing out around £28m to sign Josh Murphy, Alex Smithies, Greg Cunningham and Bobby Reid.

In a further boost ahead of their Premier League return, Cardiff have also announced new deals for a string of players, while Aron Gunnarsson has verbally agreed to stay on following the expiration of his existing deal.

Warnock now intends to take advantage of the loan market, with Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic among those on City's radar.

"We worked really hard to try and tie all the lads down from the club to give them an incentive to stay in the division next year," he told the club's official website. "We're delighted people like Joe Ralls, he deserved his extension, he's been magnificent for me. He goes about his job without any problems at all for a manager.

"We're still hoping to get a couple of loan signings in. We've got people like Lee Peltier, Matthew Connolly, Sean Morrison who's extended his contract, and he didn't even need asking really. It's fantastic. They all want to be a part of it. I must admit, when you look at Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Junior Hoilett already doing that, I think it's an exciting time for us.

"All they can do is do their best. I've said to them, 'don't worry about it', because they say I'm not a Premier League manager either so don't worry. Not forgetting Callum Paterson and Brian Murphy. Murph's unbelievable in the dressing room and he's still a really good agile keeper. I'm delighted to have him around.

"What can you say about Paterson? He's not a full shilling is he. I asked him what number he wants. He said 'I want number 13 boss'. Who would have number 13? Only Paterson. But he had a super season last year and the fans have taken him on board. He'll be an important part."

Cardiff returned to pre-season training last week ahead of their Premier League opener against Bournemouth on August 11.

Re: “ Two More Players Coming in “

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Mmmm.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:55 pm

If we sign Grujik permanently I can still see NW making a further 2 loans.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:34 pm

“Patterson is not the full shilling” :lol: :lol:

Could be our secret weapon next season..a complete live wire who is a natural finisher (amazing to think we bought him as a full back)

No idea what position he will play next year but he will score goals given any sort of decent service

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:14 pm

If one is Grujic and one is a striker...there has to be another cm or we will have the same midfield as ;last year minus bryson....which will be nowhere near strong enough...so i expect more than 2

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:00 pm

I think we need 3 players in I got a feeling Warnock will keep halford at the club

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:30 pm

I think most of us believed the that figure of around £30m would be made available for Warnock. I think 2 more loan signings is probably about it for this Summer. I suppose a lot will depend on where we are in January if more funds become available. Hopefully we will get a couple of quality players on loan during the next week or so. As someone said earlier today, we tend to bypass the mid-field a lot of the time anyway, I guess it will be someone who will fit in with whatever tactics Warnock intends to adopt in the PL.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Just seen on sky sport news that west ham r willing to listen to offers for Cheikh Kouyate. Be a good signing on loan with view to sign permanent if we stayed up. Big strong centre mid Box to box something we need with prem experience. Normally chips in with few goals too :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Would be massively dissapointed if we get a striker on a loan deal because that and central midfield are the biggest problems for us to fill ATM.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:01 pm

DM I’m not panicking about, Gunnar’s signed and Bamba can also do a job there. I’d like Grujic to come on loan-to-buy. Kouyate must be on a decent wage by now so I think that’s a stretch. What is missing is a creative midfielder who can spread the ball - ie a young Peter Whittingham. I like Ralls, I just think he needs support in his role. I believe Warnock is likely going to play Reid as a false nine behind Zohore and Hoilett, Murphy and NML to rotate the wings.

Etheridge/Smithies

Manga Morro Cunningham (Bamba)
Pelts (dear god). Bennett

Gunnar’s, Bamba (or hopefully) Grujic
Ralls and new signing
NML/Murphy. Reid/Patterson. Hoilett
Zohore/Madine/Bogle

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Exactly how I feel to be honest. DM would be covered with Grujic and Gunnarson, AM would be covered with Paterson and Reid. We just need that player that could replace ralls if hes injured or not performing. The Ryan Woods suggestion would be fantastic to fill that role at a bargain price, but both Warnocks and Choos quotes suggest Gruijic and a striker will be it for the market.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Has Neil Warnock had a holiday yet ???? Always gets his players in nice and early :bluebird:

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:25 am

He had 10 days on holiday with Tan in Malaysia? Warnock after agreeing budget with Tan just tells Cho and Dalman the players he wants and they do the negotiations? Cho said that he hasn’t had a holiday for over a year!

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:39 am

aberdare-blue wrote:Just seen on sky sport news that west ham r willing to listen to offers for Cheikh Kouyate. Be a good signing on loan with view to sign permanent if we stayed up. Big strong centre mid Box to box something we need with prem experience. Normally chips in with few goals too :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

I've always liked Wile E Coyote!

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:08 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Has Neil Warnock had a holiday yet ???? Always gets his players in nice and early :bluebird:

We have preseason on his door step, what more does he want with this weather :lol: :lol: